Playing For Another Country

Remove this Banner Ad

Somewhat relevant to the thread, good to see Luke Ronchi smashed a ton for NZ A against Sri Lanka A a couple of days back. He really struggled in his time in the NZ ODI side in the Champion's trophy so would think that they'd be pretty wary of playing him in test cricket, but at least he's putting his name up there.

Does Luke Ronchi post on here much? Also, I wonder if the thought will cross Khawaja's mind in the near future?

Luke Ronchi made a century for New Zealand A vs Sri Lanka A only a few days back. Rochi, though he played plenty of cricket in Australia, was actually born in NZ.

Bizarre - have mutual friends with the bloke, so Facestalked him out of interest, and he/his missus had been updating with photos and comments up to about a week ago. Account is deleted now, however. Sounds like a real piece of work.

Certainly comes across as a twat in the reported groupchat messages. But honestly, how common is this behaviour in schools (private schools especially IMO), sporting clubs and uni? I think quite a lot from my experience - couple of years ago when I was playing a lot more sport & at uni it was extremely common to hear guys refer to stats or an equivalent. Cringeworthy and immature for sure, but not all these guys were who you would call outright ****wits or irredeemable pieces of work - for whatever reason they felt that was the culture to aspire to. It's why although movements like metoo can sometimes be extrapolated to an eye raising extent, they have played an important role in moderating such groupthink behaviour that looked to be becoming increasingly prevalent. So I don't have any time for guys who foam on about a perceived war on masculinity.

Certainly comes across as a twat in the reported groupchat messages. But honestly, how common is this behaviour in schools (private schools especially IMO), sporting clubs and uni? I think quite a lot from my experience - couple of years ago when I was playing a lot more sport & at uni it was extremely common to hear guys refer to stats or an equivalent. Cringeworthy and immature for sure, but not all these guys were who you would call outright ****wits or irredeemable pieces of work - for whatever reason they felt that was the culture to aspire to. It's why although movements like metoo can sometimes be extrapolated to an eye raising extent, they have played an important role in moderating such groupthink behaviour that looked to be becoming increasingly prevalent. So I don't have any time for guys who foam on about a perceived war on masculinity.
"This behaviour" being rape.

To give him the benefit of the doubt I think he was referring to the other non-rape stuff referenced in the article (i.e. rating women, competing to sleep with the most).

Yes, sorry to clarify that's what I meant - the behaviour surrounding the incident.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back