Autopsy Vs Crows - Rd 4, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Also worth noting that the train situation put an additional obstacle for getting to the game. The game was also on television. I know I wasn't the only one driving south-side after parking the car close to a tram stop near the city. Was a bit more of an effort this week, particularly for those with kids.

Coming from ages away its been more beneficial for me to get to games, especially at Docklands via public transport but considering this stupid station revamp project has been ongoing for like years, services are always interrupted and replaced by buses and entire intersections over railways are closed so traffic rises.

Took me 1 hour more to get to the MCG the week before, traffic was a nightmare and I had to take the bus. Must have been a near 4 hour journey from home.

That stuff is extremely off putting when going to games.

Coming from ages away its been more beneficial for me to get to games, especially at Docklands via public transport but considering this stupid station revamp project has been ongoing for like years, services are always interrupted and replaced by buses and entire intersections over railways are closed so traffic rises.

Took me 1 hour more to get to the MCG the week before, traffic was a nightmare and I had to take the bus. Must have been a near 4 hour journey from home.

That stuff is extremely off putting when going to games.
But you still made the effort well done Billy

17000 fans and probably more than half of them are opposition fan to a game in the heart land. Who is neglecting who.
Half of them?

Are you serious?

The club are reeping what they've sowed.

We've been playing games in Hobart for 7 years this year is the first that the club have even attempted some sort of coordination for 'replacement games'.

The club put together a really good doco on the 07 fight and backed it up the following week by shipping another game to Hobart.

However all of this is ancillary. The they want people to show up the answer is simple. So simple it is 1 word.

Win.

Don't try and sell one thing and then deliver another. Which is exactly what they did this year.

I have one every year since 1985.So some facts would be good before commenting. Live in Cairns so don't get to games any more obviously BUT still get my membership every year . so think before you post
Woosh

I have one every year since 1985.So some facts would be good before commenting. Live in Cairns so don't get to games any more obviously BUT still get my membership every year . so think before you post

The post was meme from this board. A Geoff Walsh quote I believe

Let me put it to you in a different way.Would we survive with out the 2 million $ a year we will get this year from playing in Tas long term.
We have survived for 150 years.

We've played in Tasmania for 7.

Seriously, do you work for the club?

Games in Sydney, Canberra, Gold Coast and Hobart. Changing the name from North Melbourne to The Kangaroos, wearing orange, doing away with Shinboner spirit, continuing with the most unsuccessful coach of all time. This is all neglecting the heartland, and the results show. We do not learn. This is not a chicken and egg scenario, the crowd is on the club, not the supporters.
Must move with the times .Do you really think we are the only club that have made these changes. Example Western Bulldogs no longer Footscray every club has had a different jumper so what if ours was orange Carlton remember their light blue jumper Geelong no longer called Kardinia park. The list jut goes on and on its not just a NMFC thing.

Must move with the times .Do you really think we are the only club that have made these changes. Example Western Bulldogs no longer Footscray every club has had a different jumper so what if ours was orange Carlton remember their light blue jumper Geelong no longer called Kardinia park. The list jut goes on and on its not just a NMFC thing.
Wow, you’re actually serious with those comparisons. You are a club mouth piece. Best you twaddle off to Facebook and chase some likes for your KPI target.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, you’re actually serious with those comparisons. You are a club mouth piece. Best you twaddle off to Facebook and chase some likes for your KPI target.

What is wrong with them Western Bulldogs seems drastic to me Orange for North light blue for Carlton same concept just different colours Hawks playing in Tas no different to us. If you are so anti NMFC go follow Soccer.

What is wrong with them Western Bulldogs seems drastic to me Orange for North light blue for Carlton same concept just different colours Hawks playing in Tas no different to us. If you are so anti NMFC go follow Soccer.

You're going to be fighting a losing battle around here. Most posters here are the most parochial you'll see. To most North Melbourne means being based in North Melbourne and playing games in Melbourne. The selling off of more and more games sees us removing ourselves of our identity and into a soulless entity, disenfranchising many longtime, loyal supporters.

7. Kangaroos and Wood need each other
The tantalising talent that is Mason Wood made his return to the AFL scene on Saturday night, one week after calf awareness kept him to less than a half in the VFL. Injury is the story of Wood's career to date, but he and North Melbourne need each other. Don't buy into the narrative that Jarrad Waite should still be on the Roos' list – it was time for them to move on and see what their younger crop could do. Ben Brown needs help, but he'll need that for six or seven years to come. Wood and Nick Larkey should be first in line to provide that support, especially after back-up ruckman Tom Campbell struggled in that role in rounds two and three. It's no coincidence Brown had his best game this season with the athletic Wood alongside him. Larkey might have to wait a bit longer, because the terrier-like trio of Kayne Turner, Cam Zurhaar and Tarryn Thomas worked a treat defensively, too. - Marc McGowan

Nine things we learned: Tigers still have the AFL's best defender - http://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-04-14/nine-things-we-learned-from-round-four

You have NFI so I’ll try and explain it for you.

Bulldogs changed their name to further their heartland. They didn’t just change to Bulldogs, they increased their heartland to include areas that didn’t have a team associated with them. It was very clever and the name still gives them a location and doesn’t ignore their traditional supporters. “Kangaroos” is generic and opened the door for relocation talk. It completely neglected the heartland!and we paid dearly for it. Hence why we changed back.

I’m not talking about one off jumper changed, I’m talking about adding orange to our official merchandise.

You mentioned Geelong changing it’s stadium name. Do I really need to explain how Geelong DONT neglect their heartland? Probably the stupidest if the comparisons.

I don’t have a problem with playing games in Tas, I understand the commercial reality, but it’s how the club handles the entire situation. At the moment the club had lost the fans and it’s for several different reason, and if the heartland are saying they feel neglected then the club needs to listen.

10000 supporters turning up to a game says the fans are feeling neglected. Again, it’s on the club not the supporters.

BTW, I do follow Football (or Soccer as you call it). I also follow Rugby, the game they play in heaven. Doesn’t mean I don’t love the NMFC.

You're going to be fighting a losing battle around here. Most posters here are the most parochial you'll see. To most North Melbourne means being based in North Melbourne and playing games in Melbourne. The selling off of more and more games sees us removing ourselves of our identity and into a soulless entity, disenfranchising many longtime, loyal supporters.
I totally get what you are saying I really do. I would rather all our games be played in Melbourne to I remember going to Arden street as a kid to watch games but we had to eventually move with the times and play home games else were no different now We all know if you don't move with the times you get left behind in all forms of life You don't have to like it I don't have to like it just a fact of life To be honest I did not realize so many people where against playing in Tas.

I totally get what you are saying I really do. I would rather all our games be played in Melbourne to I remember going to Arden street as a kid to watch games but we had to eventually move with the times and play home games else were no different now We all know if you don't move with the times you get left behind in all forms of life You don't have to like it I don't have to like it just a fact of life To be honest I did not realize so many people where against playing in Tas.
LOL. To be honest hey? So usually you're dishonest. Got it. :stern look

It's always a hot topic here. You have a group that tolerate it for for the $ and then you have the Zondors, who think anything Tassie can GAGF. There is a lot of distrust of our Admin, due to past history, that thinks were going to relocate by stealth. No one wants that.

You have NFI so I’ll try and explain it for you.

Bulldogs changed their name to further their heartland. They didn’t just change to Bulldogs, they increased their heartland to include areas that didn’t have a team associated with them. It was very clever and the name still gives them a location and doesn’t ignore their traditional supporters. “Kangaroos” is generic and opened the door for relocation talk. It completely neglected the heartland!and we paid dearly for it. Hence why we changed back.

I’m not talking about one off jumper changed, I’m talking about adding orange to our official merchandise.

You mentioned Geelong changing it’s stadium name. Do I really need to explain how Geelong DONT neglect their heartland? Probably the stupidest if the comparisons.

I don’t have a problem with playing games in Tas, I understand the commercial reality, but it’s how the club handles the entire situation. At the moment the club had lost the fans and it’s for severalept different reason, and if the heartland are saying they feel neglected then the club neSOCCERSSSS S eds to listen.

10000 supporters turning up to a game says the fans are feeling neglected. Again, it’s on the club not the supporters.

BTW, I do follow Football (or Soccer as you call it). I also follow Rugby, the game they play in heaven. Doesn’t mean I don’t love the NMFC.
I get that you are very passionate I can see that in your posts but so am I just because we don't agree on well anything much except the NMFC welfare we just go about it differently ps nothing wrong with Football (soccer) see there we go again ha ha or Rugby.

It's always a hot topic here. You have a group that tolerate it for for the $ and then you have the Zondors, who think anything Tassie can GAGF. There is a lot of distrust of our Admin, due to past history, that thinks were going to relocate by stealth. No one wants that.
Totally agree I would not want to relocate any were either .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back