Changes v West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Hinkley isncoaching for his job too. He won’t want too many more younguns in the side.

I’d love Liendert, Farrell Garner and Marshall in

DBJ, Bonner can go Sammy g and Motlop too.
That’s an oxymoron, because sticking with senior players will cost him his job.

Definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

more of the same and he is done.

Definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

more of the same and he is done.

He’s already done and knows it. He’s been repeating himself for a while now.

Sad thing is I thought the new coaches would come with more input into selection etc. but it’s clear they don’t.

I’m waiting for some issues in the coaching group soon.

If Marshall isn't back in this week, I'm completely done with Ken.

But if we lose with young players in the side, Hinkley can make the rebuilding excuse.

He's a deer in headlights.

He knows is time is coming to an end and there is only one way to save his career. And ironically (the reason why), like the team he coaches he is collapsing under pressure, he has no answers, no clue what to do.

Ins: Marshall, Mayes, Farrell, Lienert
Outs: Motlop, Drew (would prefer Wines but that won't happen), Butters, Bonner

No gameplan is going to be compatible to the list if they are going to serve up that sort of pathetic effort. It's purely a mental thing with these chumps. Anything remotely close to an AFL standard effort from our list to actually execute basic skills and we win that game.

Richmond had four of the top five players for distance covered, all of whom covered 14.6 kilometres or more. The only player from Port who did anything close to that was Duursma with 14.9 kilometres.

Richmond had 48 more sprint efforts, ran 2.7 more kilometres and 1.4 kilometres more at high speed.

They completely smashed us in effort and their ability to close down the ground.

You pick players who consistently and wilfully skirt packs to make sure they are the ones who are on the outside for the easy outlet pass instead of crashing in when it's their turn and allowing other players to get on the outside and rack up easy possessions (which is what happened against Melbourne), it doesn't matter if you had Clarkson coaching peak Hawthorn, they would lose. And that's because there is no accountability to poor performance.

The facts are, Montgomery and Schofield came to this club and we are dealing with exactly the same s**t - so it can't be the coaching panel, because it's different. The gameplan is completely different from last year's tripe and it's exactly the same s**t - so it can't be the gameplan, because it's different. The list is quite a bit different from the list we had two years ago and it's exactly the same s**t - so it can't be the list, because that, too, is different.

The only thing that hasn't changed is the inability of the head coach to drop players when they don't put in a performance worthy of being selected the next week.

We wouldn't know if the list is good enough because Ken keeps picking the same ******* players every week hoping for a different result. It's like he decides on his best 22 at the start of the year and then sticks with it every week regardless, and will only replace players if they are injured or are a developing key forward that won't put in effort.
Ken is a Dick

Hinkley isncoaching for his job too. He won’t want too many more younguns in the side.

I’d love Liendert, Farrell Garner and Marshall in

DBJ, Bonner can go Sammy g and Motlop too.
He has played newbies since round 1. I think sadly he feels quite safe in his job still got 2 years of a contract after this year. 😠

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember it will probably be pissing down in Perth on Friday.
Sam Gray will survive that weather prediction.

"It's out of his control, actually. To be perfectly honest with you, I would have walked down after the game and sacked him. Because it's not good enough. But now, it's out of his control, it's back in Port Adelaide's control. Send some ex-players in there and sit him down and say "You justify how you're going to approach West Coast. You justify what you're going to do, what's the approach, what's the team, what are you trying to achieve...and if we don't like it, we're going to change it...and if you don't like that, you can walk." - Craig Foster on Pim Verbeek Ken Hinkley

In: Marshall, Lienert, Mayes, Farrell
Out: S.anfl Gray, soft**** Howard, Motflop and SPP/Drew

Probably drop SPP instead of Drew, got a bit more on the outside. I still think dropping Marshall was the correct decision but he has to come back. Playing out of form young key forwards does not help them in the long run. I don't want to see Howard in a power jumper until he puts in 5kg and takes some angry pills. Absolute liability.

I still think dropping Marshall was the correct decision but he has to come back. Playing out of form young key forwards does not help them in the long run.

You're wrong on the first part unless you qualify it with that you'd have brought in another tall forward. There's really no argument about it anymore.

There isn't enough data at Port Adelaide from this century to support or refute the second part. All we know is not playing them is a great way to never develop a tall forward.

You're wrong on the first part unless you qualify it with that you'd have brought in another tall forward. There's really no argument about it anymore.

There isn't enough data at Port Adelaide from this century to support or refute the second part. All we know is not playing them is a great way to never develop a tall forward.
Agree we were too short last week and playing Westhoff forward is always bad. Not sure who you bring in but you couldnt keep marshall in with the way he was playing it's just not helpful for anyone There has to be minimum standards

Agree we were too short last week and playing Westhoff forward is always bad. Not sure who you bring in but you couldnt keep marshall in with the way he was playing it's just not helpful for anyone There has to be minimum standards

We only apply those minimum standards to tall forwards though. You'd think if we let Jake Neade and Kane Mitchell play 101 games combined for this club, we could squeeze a 13th game out for Marshall and back him in for a bit.

Is Motlop form due to effort or are we just not passing the ball to him enough. He has great disposal and we should use him more often. I think it’s us more than him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back