Position 2019 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think McVeigh OUT will improve Mills scoring?
Yeah I think it'll increase, still don't think it'd be enough for a keeper though.

Where's the Big Calls/Predictions thread?

Rich will average more than Witherden this season.
So far so good. Didn't start with him though lol, just a bit of a laugh

So far so good. Didn't start with him though lol, just a bit of a laugh
he was my Mills "correction". was on -3 from 6 touches 10 minutes into the second quarter and still managed to ton.
its gonna be a bumpy ride.

Very keen on Dunkley to Tom Stewart via Keira.
Just worried by his 7 x sub 66 scores last year. Has he changed his role and will Tuohy affect his scoring? Is the 108 average fools gold?
Thoughts Daniel McL Wellsy35 and other cats

I'm thinking of getting him.
Yep 2E back will prob takes points of him unsure when 2E Will be back.
But hes been super impress so far.
Unsure on dunks to him tho dunks only needs 10-15 a game to be a keeper.

Very keen on Dunkley to Tom Stewart via Keira.
Just worried by his 7 x sub 66 scores last year. Has he changed his role and will Tuohy affect his scoring? Is the 108 average fools gold?
Thoughts Daniel McL Wellsy35 and other cats

Think Tuohy is back in the VFL in 1-2 weeks and then we’d look to get him back in seniors. But considering how well our defensive group has been going we might even try Tuohy on a wing, or move Clark onto a wing with Tuohy taking over Clark’s back role.

Only thing is he’d probably take a few kick-outs off Stewart but other than that Tuohy doesn’t really intercept much so he’d leave that to guys like Stewart so he’s not going to lose any intercept points. Guess it just depends how many points we think Stewart gets from kick-outs each week and that that might be lowered with Tuohy back.

Would be a good POD I reckon. Seems to just go from strength to strength each season so could easily keep this form up even with Tuohy back. Guess it depends who else you would look to take around his price if you didn’t go with Stewart?

I'm thinking of getting him.
Yep 2E back will prob takes points of him unsure when 2E Will be back.
But hes been super impress so far.
Unsure on dunks to him tho dunks only needs 10-15 a game to be a keeper.
Dunks is a concern though. When he went on that purple patch of tons at the back of last year he averaged 30 touches a game, 7 tackles and half a dozen clearances. He’s down to 18 touches, 4 tackles and 2 clearances in the 3 games this year. If I knew he would spend more time in the midfield I’d sweat it out. 80s is what I’d expect Moore to get in his place and swing Stewart down back to start the rebuild down there. Very weak defence.
I’m sold on him I think. Thanks for your thoughts

Think Tuohy is back in the VFL in 1-2 weeks and then we’d look to get him back in seniors. But considering how well our defensive group has been going we might even try Tuohy on a wing, or move Clark onto a wing with Tuohy taking over Clark’s back role.

Only thing is he’d probably take a few kick-outs off Stewart but other than that Tuohy doesn’t really intercept much so he’d leave that to guys like Stewart so he’s not going to lose any intercept points. Guess it just depends how many points we think Stewart gets from kick-outs each week and that that might be lowered with Tuohy back.

Would be a good POD I reckon. Seems to just go from strength to strength each season so could easily keep this form up even with Tuohy back. Guess it depends who else you would look to take around his price if you didn’t go with Stewart?
Yourself and Rocker have probably swayed me. Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simmo not doing for me low av high BE.

Stewy plus cash...l reakon he will enough quiet a bit on last year av.
Hurn might go 100 ish.
Sicily but hes form not been that good and is the higher price higher BE too..

I've got Hurn in my sights too. He's running off from kick ins and seagulling it a bit which I like. The only issue will be chafe when his fat thighs rub together during those runs.

Simmo not doing for me low av high BE.

Stewy plus cash...l reakon he will enough quiet a bit on last year av.
Hurn might go 100 ish.
Sicily but hes form not been that good and is the higher price higher BE too..

Sicily is in great form. Would be in most rolling AAs. Lost about 15 points for the shittest little free and then the 50 for abuse (which while a 50, can see why Sicily gave it away especially as it was already a certain goal) v the Dogs - would be averaging near 100 if he didn't.

League leader in rebound 50s, 4th in meters gained, =5th in intercepts, =16th in marks, top 30 in 1 %ers. 86% DE.

Most likely to average 105 out of the 4 mentioned.

Sicily is in great form. Would be in most rolling AAs. Lost about 15 points for the shittest little free and then the 50 for abuse (which while a 50, can see why Sicily gave it away especially as it was already a certain goal) v the Dogs - would be averaging near 100 if he didn't.

League leader in rebound 50s, 4th in meters gained, =5th in intercepts, =16th in marks, top 30 in 1 %ers. 86% DE.

I think l will do 2 trades and bring in Lloyd.
Then look at the others plus Laird down the track.

No doubt Sicily is a quality footballer, but he's not usually going to have it as easy as he did against North on Sunday.

As a North supporter, I'm not going to jinx him by putting him in my SC team, but he's been fantastic (in a team that has been mainly crap, too).
We all know what he's capable of averaging..New club, I think he was getting into swings of things early (80,54) now with110 and 109.
He looks super comfortable just mopping up like he used to

Remove this Banner Ad

Back