Not open for further replies.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
LMac won't get suspended.

To me, it looked like the guy whiplashed when his feet hit the ground. His body was pretty straight up and down, and the heavy landing flung his head. He was genuinely dazed - had to be told he'd got the fifty.

To me it looked like the ump saw the outcome and retrospectively decided what might have lead to that kind of injury.

But Michael Christian... Could go either way.

sketcher

Debutant
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone trying to buy tickets on Ticketmaster?

Get an error message at final step on iPhone, Explorer/Edge and Firefox

On one GA non member attempt they had one Bay on Level 3 as GA for $40 plus

Wtf is going on?

I have a GA membership and am looking to reserve some level 3 wing seats but it looks as if there are no reserved seats on sale at the moment, except one lonely bay on level three in the forward pocket. Seems weird, but I would assume they’ll release more seats next week?

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Hall and Polec are going to be so important against the scum this week. Last year we got annihilated on the outside by them. We have them covered on the inside, but it's for games like this that those two in particular were recruited.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I have a GA membership and am looking to reserve some level 3 wing seats but it looks as if there are no reserved seats on sale at the moment, except one lonely bay on level three in the forward pocket. Seems weird, but I would assume they’ll release more seats next week?

That’s all I am seeing and an error message when I attempt a dummy selection

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Hall and Polec are going to be so important against the scum this week. Last year we got annihilated on the outside by them. We have them covered on the inside, but it's for games like this that those two in particular were recruited.

We also got annihilated by arse hats who played their one good game in months kicking goals that defied physics

Bombers' Daniher dilemma

Having courageously got its season back on track with big wins against Melbourne and Brisbane, Essendon has the bonus of being able to time the recall of key forward Joe Daniher.Having not played since round seven last year due to osteitis pubis and calf problems, Daniher is right to resume, but with two massive prime-time matches coming up just six days apart, the Bombers will need to carefully plan his AFL return. North Melbourne awaits this Friday (Good Friday), and then Collingwood the following Thursday (Anzac Day). It would be a big ask for an injury-prone big man, after a nearly year on the sidelines, to play both games. It's a nice problem for Essendon, though, which had only bad problems a fortnight ago following two demoralising losses to open the season.The side's match-winners are back in form, none more so than Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, whose seven goals against the Lions on Saturday took his tally to 11 from his past two games.
North finally got its first win of the year, when it out-gritted the Crows at Marvel Stadium. There's still not much spark to the Roos, and just 17,207 attended.

Given this club's sustained fight to have access to the Good Friday timeslot, it will be interesting to see how much blue-and-white is in the terraces at Marvel Stadium at 4.20pm next Friday.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
If our footskills are Saturday night's level, they will kick 20 goals. They kicked some arsey goals against us last year, but they can really hammer on the turnover. If it's a fast game, we're getting smashed.

Need to dominate the clearances (thank the * the centre square looked better with Jed), maintain a defensive structure behind the ball and don't turn it over.

Im very nervous about this one.

Jun 26, 2012
Mos Eisley
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Agreed, Hall needs to bounce back too, he played horrendously compared to the week before, a few terrible obvious skill errors. Hall is a massive talent, but he's a bit of a peacock and if s**t isn't going his way, he'll sulk his **** off and make reckless mistakes (at least he did when I saw him play in Tassie / early in his career @ the suns). Hopefully the coaching staff correct him and get him firing like he was vs Hawthorn.

Polec was marginally better than hall vs Crows, but also got snagged for holding the ball a few times (why keep trying to fend off Sloane???) and had a few worm-burners that made me cringe, but on the whole, if Hall on the right and Polec on the left get it rolling with Higgo down the guts, Jed and Cunners feeding them the pill out of the boiler-room, that should be a top 3 midfield.

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If our footskills are Saturday night's level, they will kick 20 goals. They kicked some arsey goals against us last year, but they can really hammer on the turnover. If it's a fast game, we're getting smashed.

Need to dominate the clearances (thank the **** the centre square looked better with Jed), maintain a defensive structure behind the ball and don't turn it over.

Im very nervous about this one.

We cannot dump it into our forward line and miss easy goals

On the turnover they are quick

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We have an issue with our contested marking, Kayne Turner is leading the way with 4. Need more from everyone especially BB, Goldy and JZ.

It's a shame that Pruess played AFL this week, would have been nice to see him and Campbell going at it head to head.

I heard Campbell put up some very good numbers in the game.

czero

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't think Thomas should ever go out unless injured
Well, he should also go out if he is isn't putting in the required effort or skill level.

But he is putting in the required effort and skill. If you look back at his performances across his pre-afl career, his performances correlate to his time with whatever team he is playing for - so basically once he settles he really starts to shine.

In: Wright, Larkey, Scott
Out: McDonald, Zurhaar, Turner

B: Wright, Tarrant, Pittard
HB: Macmillan, Thompson, Atley
C: Dumont, Cunnington, Polec
R: Goldstein, Higgins, Anderson
HF: Hall, Brown, Thomas
F: Ziebell, Larkey, Wood
I: LDU, Ahern, Scott, Simpkin

McDonald will get off and play, unfortunately. Zurhaar did enough to help Goldy so will stay also and Turners pressure and tackling was a lot better this week so he'll stay as well. l'm thinking either no change or TT for Scott.

Skiers

Saad - Hall
McKenna - Simpkin
Zaharakis - Polec
Fantasia - ?????????

Forwards

Brown - Tarrant
Stringer - Thompson
Tipingskier - McDonald/Atley
Baguely - MacMillan
Parish - Pittard

Middle

Bellchambers - Goldstein
Shiel - Cunnington
Merrett - Anderson
Myers/Shortsteppel - Higgins

It would be nice if we had another speedster we could bring in this week. I reckon we're at least one runner down.
Cunnington on Shiel could go horribly wrong for us. Hopefully he doesn’t get a look at the ball. Anderson in there will scare Merrett and Heppel away from the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back