Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whatever Wingard did or didn't do for Hawthorn today, it can't possibly be as bad as what the two players we traded him for did yesterday - Burton giving up the double goal and Duursma missing from 10 metres with 2 minutes on the clock. Probably the wrong weekend to be having a go at Chad.

Whatever Wingard did or didn't do for Hawthorn today, it can't possibly be as bad as what the two players we traded him for did yesterday - Burton giving up the double goal and Duursma missing from 10 metres with 2 minutes on the clock. Probably the wrong weekend to be having a go at Chad.
Players miss those shots all the time, especially with the dumb 30 seconds rule. And the free against Burton happens 5 times a game without being paid, that was a ridiculous decision.

I’m now remembering the clear af fifty that wasn’t paid when some Richmond player cut across the mark with a couple minutes to go about 60m from our goal. Would’ve been paid earlier in the game, but nope.

Either way that was a bloody fantastic mark from Duursma, hopefully next time he nails it. I reckon he is gonna very good player for us for a long time.

Burton gave up one goal with the push in the back. Not sure you can blame him for the first one alone - that was a failure of the team. That one that Burton kicked from 50 earned some good will back too, beautiful goal.

The Chad deal is still raw for some but let's not get carried away taking potshots at our new recruits out of bitterness.

Yeah so GC vs. Carlton drew 14,500 at Metricon.

North vs. Crows drew 17,000 at Marvel.

I reckon this is pretty big news that hasn't been picked up.

We had a few absolutely shocking calls go our way. We didn't lose because of umpiring.
To be fair I pretty much always think the umpires have ****ed us, but that was one of those moments where the umpire pays it 10 times out of 10 earlier in the game but didn’t want to decide the outcome over it.

Many things could have been done or simply gone differently and we win that game though.

I would’ve been pretty stoked had we gotten over the line, I thought we were a bit down and Richmond were really up and about so it was actually a pretty tough game IMO.

I understand that’s not the popular view, but I hope I’m right that we still look to be in a good position this year.

That said I reckon we get pumped by West Coast week, particularly with so many of our best users of the ball out of the side at present, and Motlop looking absolutely shite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant be to hard on Duursma, in his 4th game took a brilliant contested mark and put us in a position we could have won.

Am i disappointed in him for missing ? Of course. Am i blaming him ? Absolutely not. Senior players to blame.

Motlop offered nothing
Ryder was very very poor. As was Westhoff.
Jonas very poor.
Wines, SPP not good enough.

What’s big about it? (Sorry not being a smart arse)

What’s big about it? (Sorry not being a smart arse)

A team with 40,000 members drew a crowd extremely similar to a team that has barely 10,000 members and hasn't ever played finals in it's history.

If Gold Coast pull a crowd bigger than North, that's as great for GC as it is bad for North.

North are a joke, seriously.

"We're only four rounds in, it's so difficult to get a sample size on that just yet. It'll settle itself down over the journey but that's why no one really knows where they're at right at this point in the season.

"Everyone's lost and barring a kick close to the siren today (Carlton being edged by Gold Coast), everyone should've won as well. It's a really, really close competition. It might be survival of the fittest."

A team with 40,000 members drew a crowd extremely similar to a team that has barely 10,000 members and hasn't ever played finals in it's history.

If Gold Coast pull a crowd bigger than North, that's as great for GC as it is bad for North.

North would have relocated to Hobart, if not for Hawthorn's presence in Tasmania.

"We're only four rounds in, it's so difficult to get a sample size on that just yet. It'll settle itself down over the journey but that's why no one really knows where they're at right at this point in the season.

"Everyone's lost and barring a kick close to the siren today (Carlton being edged by Gold Coast), everyone should've won as well. It's a really, really close competition. It might be survival of the fittest."
Who said that ?

Obviously very few of North’s opposition’s e-members bothered to turn up either.

Of course he will. I still believe it is one of our worst ever list management decisions to get rid of him. I will celebrate his Rioli-like performances while I can in the knowledge there is pain to come.

That last decision I can live with, along with the deal itself. Someone wants to go, you trade them a year out while you have more leverage than in a contract renewal year. This happens.

But it's absolutely one of our worst ever list- and person- management performances to let things fester on, to let them get to the point where we told him to go explore his options and were still surprised at how he reacted. I don't understand how you get to such a deep professional disconnect, unless you're dealing with the most single minded "outcome-oriented" club management ever.

Remember some North chump coming on here to gloat about posters on their board having all the inside knowledge because they are “influential coterie members” and saved the club when Vlad wanted to ship Norf North.

Eat a bag whoever that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back