• Jack Ross

Votes: 227 79.4%
  • Jack Higgins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sydney Stack

Votes: 48 16.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I joined BF well after Grimesy debuted but I remember his first couple seasons being “iron fist”. We’re people on BF calling for him to be chopped then?
Of course. You’ve seen what this plsace is like it only takes a game or two.

Shane Edwards would be the best. He has gone from what you read today of Menadue or Graham and treated with disdain, a source of constant frustration to now, a revered tiger.
Although there are one or two who still cling to his bad games for dear life. Cotchin copped so much s**t for his playing style and leadership too.
Should go back and read about Houli and Grigg!!

That’s a disgrace

People were hoping the Tigers would rookie draft Grimes and very happy when we did can it was one of the many weak spots on the list then, and Grimes looked close to the best available. Had a few negatives in his draft reports; kicking skills, possession numbers but lots of positives too

Most people thought his injuries a travesty because he was playing very well and showed a remarkable ceiling - glimpses of current day grimes

That doctor that fixed him deserves a statue

Mate there are people who literally want every player to be shot trust me.

I know you’re exagerrating but I recall during our s**t period in 16, There was a poster actually hoping for Dimma to be run over so he couldn’t coach us. Man this board really got mental.

Don’t think that poster has been seen since.

People were hoping the Tigers would rookie draft Grimes and very happy when we did can it was one of the many weak spots on the list then, and Grimes looked close to the best available. Had a few negatives in his draft reports; kicking skills, possession numbers but lots of positives too

Most people thought his injuries a travesty because he was playing very well and showed a remarkable ceiling - glimpses of current day grimes

No doubt I do remember his hamstring issues and it was close to him not getting back.

I’ve always liked him as a player. I’ve never felt he wasn’t worthy of playing seniors other than to get conditioning. Would stagger me if anyone thought otherwise - would be in the top 5-6 players named every week.

Plenty wrote him off though.

The Swans game is the 'MUST WIN' Game for Richmond

They are down and we need to get our 3rd win to get back into the positive and set our season straight again, Im not as confident against Melbourne and if we beat swans but lose to Dee's then im ok with the 3/3 start.

The swans game is the more winnable game that we cannot afford to drop

Jack Riewoldt must play against the Swans

HF: Caddy - Riewoldt - Rioli
FF: Higgins - Lynch - Baker

Out : Castagna , Menadue
In: Riewoldt , Martin

When Dimma started in 2010, Fab Four (Rance Riewoldt Cotchy & Martin) were all 1-2 year players.
They're all now nearing the end of their careers.
9 years later Dimmas seeing another generation come through- Balta, Ross, Stacky & Higgo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Swans game is the 'MUST WIN' Game for Richmond

They are down and we need to get our 3rd win to get back into the positive and set our season straight again, Im not as confident against Melbourne and if we beat swans but lose to Dee's then im ok with the 3/3 start.

The swans game is the more winnable game that we cannot afford to drop

Jack Riewoldt must play against the Swans

HF: Caddy - Riewoldt - Rioli
FF: Higgins - Lynch - Baker

Out : Castagna , Menadue
In: Riewoldt , Martin
Jack isn't a must play at all. He has a dodgy knee and Marvel is the one ground you don't bring them in.
Menadue for Dusty hopefully is the only change.

I couldn't believe watching B Ellis I thought we had a new player. The only mistake he made was when he marked 40mtrs out directly in front and gave it to Lambert on a 45-degree angle which he hit the post with. Keep it up Brendon as one game doesn't make up for all the s you have been dishing out.
I remember calling at the time that he should pass it if possible. Let's face it Lambert should have nailed that kick

Sure but what he did in those 2 minutes is unforgiving. We had the momentum to kill the game and he nearly brought us undone. He tried really hard I can't begrudge him that but his not the brightest footballer going around.
That's a bit unfair,
Kmac's kick backwards didn't cost us the goal. Broad fumbled and stuffed it up royally. That's what cost the goal... wouldn't have happened if Dylan or Rance were there

Watched the replay late Saturday night and a few bits again yesterday and didn't realise Lynch had a streak of mongrel about him. Not sure if it was the first few weeks or if it's just that he now feels settled in. He and Caddy really get under opposition skins.

If anyone checks out the last 2 minutes of the game that the AFL out up, the contested mark Ross takes with 30 seconds left was a big play for a first gamer.

Martin to replace Menadue, unlucky to be dropped.
Bring back Houli for the G.
The AFL article says Grimes is the best defender in the league.
Play Graham and/or Ross on Heeney, their best player.
Castagna created 3 goals, 6 score involvements, no way known he is omitted.
Higgins and then Baker could be dropped later.
Balta, Stack and Bolton should stay.

Last edited:
I remember when Gtimes didn't get drafted I think Pagan was his coach and Wallace son played in same side both couldn't believe he didn't get drafted.
I wonder if he didn't get drafted because his brother was so injury prone. To be fair Dylan was injury prone in his early years as well but he always gave 100% effort and you just knew that once his body came good he would be an excellent player.

It's a pity that his brother was wasted at Melbourne

Watched the replay late Saturday night and a few bits again yesterday and didn't realise Lynch had a streak of mongrel about him. Not sure if it was the first few weeks or if it's just that he now feels settled in. He and Caddy really get under opposition skins.

If anyone checks out the last 2 minutes of the game that the AFL out up, the contested mark Ross takes with 30 seconds left was a big play for a first gamer.

Lynchy likes to throw his weight around, its glorious watching him run through people or give a good old ear rub and take on 3 or 4 defenders when they try to remonstrate. Gonna be even better with Caddy.

1.Well done to Ross on a great debut
2. Lynchy just starting to warm up, looking very comfortable in the team
3. Stack should remain to learn a similar role to Shorty & give the kid the confidence, plenty to like
4. Ellis finally played in his rightful wing position & away from the backline. The boy can run all day, let's use it too our advantage
5. Bolton showing some of the flair, he has been showing in the ressies. Hopefully remains like Stacky & Ross & keep the enthusiasm in the team up
6. Castanga & Menadue would be 1st to go in my opinion for Dusty & Houli. Also think Baker would be the unfortunate one to go if Jack comes back
7. Balta needs to work on his ruckwork & if he gets that right could definitely add a different dimension to our team with his athleticism.
8. When Cotch is ready, pressure would be on Lambert & Graham at the moment
9. Best of all was Grimesy in the last quarter, absolutely unbelievable.

A hypothetical 22 looking forward.
F Baker Riewoldt Castagna
Rioli Lynch Caddy
KMc Lambert Ross
Houli Vlaustin Short*
Astbury Grimes Broad
foll Nank Martin Cotchin
i Balta Ellis Graham Stack
(ext. Bolton* Higgins Menadue)
Bolton would replace Short if he struggles.

Last edited:
Back