Toast CrippsWatch 2019

The Fantom

All Australian
Jun 27, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
The AFL Player Ratings Twitter account releases the charts shortly after each game and then little stat snippets like the position leaders for the year after each round. Can sometimes take a while to be updated on the AFL website.

Cripps now into the top 10 of the league for overall player ratings if I'm reading that right, and with 37 of the rolling 40 game window used to assess. Will only go up as older games get struck from the record.

Thanks

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sunderland,Pelicans, LA Kings
I saw Kouta in 2000 when we were good. His games during the season were so superior to his team mates and the opposition that I thought that I would never see the like of it again. It wasn’t a burden. Kouta was in a zone and just kept backing up week in week out. Well Cripps is well on his way to repeat those exploits. I’m not concerned about him. I’ve seen this before.

Space Cadet

All Australian
Feb 24, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
It's become quite painful to watch. Seriously, just imagine if he misses a chunk of the season... We would be zero chance of winning any game that he is not playing in.
It might be good for the midfield to learn not to be so dependant on him. For this reason, could it be useful for him to spend more time up forward, even just an extra 10-15% of game time?

1shay

Team Captain
Mar 18, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Wow, remember the thread about cripps v bontompelli and the arguments for and against the better player.

Dont get me wrong, i’d have bontompelli playing in the navy blue in a heart beat. But holey moley, cripps is impressive to watch.

Its like watching a 15 year old play under twelves.

I cant wait for this team to start reaching their potential and help him out. The great thing too, is he is such a big unit, thats its almost impossible to match up on him.

FootyGeek

Premiership Player
Feb 6, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Cripps still number one.

D4PpRxEVUAEsrbf

rezzi

Senior List
Sep 29, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
It might be good for the midfield to learn not to be so dependant on him. For this reason, could it be useful for him to spend more time up forward, even just an extra 10-15% of game time?

This!! Make them work for it. They need to learn how to play without him; they would all become much better players for it.

I'd like for it to be experimented in a vacuum though as I fear the results would be pretty disastrous the first few rounds of it.

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
Not bad in theory but given the youth/inexperience of our midfield it could do more harm than good to the youngsters.

Space Cadet

All Australian
Feb 24, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Not bad in theory but given the youth/inexperience of our midfield it could do more harm than good to the youngsters.
It'll have to happen at some point.
It's also unfortunate that the 4th year players who should be reducing Cripps load (Kennedy, Cunners and Jack) have played a collective single game.

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
It'll have to happen at some point.
It's also unfortunate that the 4th year players who should be reducing Cripps load (Kennedy, Cunners and Jack) have played a collective single game.
Unlucky with injuries to both Kennedy & Cunners, but Jack would be way down the midfield pecking order. If Kreuzer is back this week, I wouldn't mind seeing Jack come in & play predominantly forward (this is assuming that Levi comes out & Harry gives Kreuze a chop out in the ruck).

Cripps still number one after five rounds.

D4zsVLIW0AAtkYi

Cripps was immense against the doggies and only earnt half his usual points.

I get that a handpass is worth less than a kick and all that jazz but Cripps was immense.

The pure rating doesn't do him justice for his match on the weekend.

I saw Kouta in 2000 when we were good. His games during the season were so superior to his team mates and the opposition that I thought that I would never see the like of it again. It wasn’t a burden. Kouta was in a zone and just kept backing up week in week out. Well Cripps is well on his way to repeat those exploits. I’m not concerned about him. I’ve seen this before.
Shh. I don't want an Essendon player crashing in his knee during a ruck contest, then a Richmond player falling over it, doing his ACL.

beaglebombs

Senior List
May 31, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton

He's as tough as nails and now we have a win and look like we can win it should frank his belief to re-sign hopefully again!!!
We're so lucky to have this kid..

Back