2nds Port Adelaide vs North Adelaide - Round 3 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit harsh on Howard - thought he was playing into some form. However Lienert should be a cert to get a guernsey!

I just don't want him losing confidence if a West Coast player gives him a bath. If he's resilient enough, keep him in the side.

**** that wines has done nothing this year, clearly the worst of those 5

The captain isn't getting dropped, deal with it. Not even worth discussing as it just won't happen.

Potted the club a few times in the last few days (And deservedly so).

Good response today though. Some guys that needed to stand up did .Not just about the win though saw a bit of actual good looking football in the third quarter.

Well done.

Very short turnaround to the next game vs Norwoods on Thursday. Thanks, SAnfools.
And Norwood played on Friday night, putrid.
GremioPower's nine-lineup changes would help mitigate that! :p
Nine changes!

Out: Drew, Rozee, Butters, Duursma, Motlop, Wines, Jonas, Bonner, and DBJ.
In: Marshall, Farrell, Trengove, Mayes, Lienert, McKenzie, Broadbent, Garner, and AJ.

Giving the kids a rest, and dropping others due form. Boak to captain the team for the game:

Paddy Ryder, Robbie Gray, Brad Ebert
Sam Gray, Todd Marshall, Kane Farrell
Scott Lycett, Tom Rockliff, Travis Boak
Justin Westhoff
, Jack Trengove, Sam Mayes
Jarrod Lienert, Dan Houston, Ryan Burton

Trent McKenzie, Matthew Broadbent, Tom Clurey

Interchange: Sam Powell-Pepper, Dougal Howard, Joel Garner, Aidyn Johnson

Emergencies: Drew, Rozee, Butters, Duursma
Nord wouldn't see it coming!

Howard made an early classic fist when should punch but started to go for marks after that

Still shaky decision making but I feel has been growing a bit just slower than I would like.

Rather get games into him at this point as he is still only 32 games into his afl career.

If we want lienert in than bonner is probably the guy to go, especially against a tall eagles side. (Even though I thought bonners effort was a bit better this week he still hasn’t progressed this year as I would like)
Must of heard me lol

The play where lienert had the ball and it looked like grundy was running on to receive the handball, lienert handballs to him and grundy wasn't even looking...
I'm thinking wtf are you doing grundy... Grundy wasn't worried about the footy, but was running over to the fight on the wing.
That's probably my favourite port adelaide moment of the last 5 years...

The play where lienert had the ball and it looked like grundy was running on to receive the handball, lienert handballs to him and grundy wasn't even looking...
I'm thinking wtf are you doing grundy... Grundy wasn't worried about the footy, but was running over to the fight on the wing.
That's probably my favourite port adelaide moment of the last 5 years...

Handball2Melee

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mayes, Lienert, Marshall 18d 4g. He shouldn’t be dropped from our afl side unless he has a string of bad games where he is ball watching.

Pudney 31d. Machine!

One of the best games I’ve seen Garner play from an offensive standpoint.

Broadbent looks like he is working back

Farrell is so good. 17 and 2 but easily could have had 5 goals from what I saw.

How’s Pudney going? Is he actually dangerous with his disposal or is he just an accumulator?

The kid ran all day, got plenty of the ball and as philthy05 said his kicking is pretty good without being great.

I watched the game with PropertySteward, and then fireboy in the second half and I commented to them both about how much running he does. fireboy watched him specifically for about 15 minutes and agreed he did a lot of bloody running up and down the wing. He asked if I have seen any of his GPS numbers, and I said I hadn't.

If Hinkley survives to the end of 2020 I can see him playing AFL by then, because he would fit in nicely to his game plan.

I reckon he can develop into an excellent run with player. No one is going to out run him for the day and he has excellent acceleration that if he broke away from the player he is tagging he probably wouldn't get caught and could run and carry the ball.

With the talk of taggers maybe making a comeback, he is a prototype Kane Cornes type tagger - a run with player, rather than hard nut tagger, ie Crowley, Ling, De Boer type.

The kid ran all day, got plenty of the ball and as philthy05 said his kicking is pretty good without being great.

I watched the game with PropertySteward, and then fireboy in the second half and I commented to them both about how much running he does. fireboy watched him specifically for about 15 minutes and agreed he did a lot of bloody running up and down the wing. He asked if I have seen any of his GPS numbers, and I said I hadn't.

If Hinkley survives to the end of 2020 I can see him playing AFL by then, because he would fit in nicely to his game plan.

I reckon he can develop into an excellent run with player. No one is going to out run him for the day and he has excellent acceleration that if he broke away from the player he is tagging he probably wouldn't get caught and could run and carry the ball.

With the talk of taggers maybe making a comeback, he is a prototype Kane Cornes type tagger - a run with player, rather than hard nut tagger, ie Crowley, Ling, De Boer type.
Fair enough. I'm still not completely sold on the dedicated tagger type anymore though so am a bit worried that Pudney has no weapons and is basically just a taller Kane Mitchell.

Fair enough. I'm still not completely sold on the dedicated tagger type anymore though so am a bit worried that Pudney has no weapons and is basically just a taller Kane Mitchell.

I think a lot of teams would be interested in a 6’2 Kane Mitchell to be honest

Although I think tall Kane Mitchell is pretty much around Pudney’s floor in terms of what he could become.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back