• Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Adelaide stink. He gets a pass for this round though.

Can't really say its much of an achievement that Brad out-coached Pyke, he'd be lucky to get through this year without being axed as coach.

I'm interested to see how he fares against Worsfold, who basically got Brad last time to run along with his gameplan and it failed miserably, which was speed and fast paced movement.

Apr 27, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Can't really say its much of an achievement that Brad out-coached Pyke, he'd be lucky to get through this year without being axed as coach.

I'm interested to see how he fares against Worsfold, who basically got Brad last time to run along with his gameplan and it failed miserably, which was speed and fast paced movement.
And Woosher is certainly no coaching ironstein. Hopefully BS steps up

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yes, if we win the next three sure, the season will not be a write off. But we should have beaten Hawks too.
In 75 we started 0 and 4, in 76 1 and 3, in 99 1 and 3. So you can overcome a slow start and win Premierships (or make GF)
Of course, we are a different side to those teams, so its unlikely. The only thing that gives me hope is that BS knows that an early contract this time will not be forthcoming and he seems to be better under direct pressure.
Then again, he should have known that at the start of the season too.
What is it that I'm trying to say? I don't really know!
99, Pagan didn't tolerate that s**t start

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Wonder how well go prepping for this week

Let down after a win or continue on?
Plenty to be learnt this week to see if anything has indeed changed

That's the thing now.

Adelaide are off the boil but Brad has to be given credit for engineering the win through good selection and a successful gameplan on the day. Just as he should wear it for poor selection and tactics in previous weeks.

The playing group clearly enjoyed the win as did most of us even those like me who aren't convinced that Brad is still the right man at the right time for the club any longer.

The mental state of the group on Friday will tell a lot. 2018 was a good representation of a group that turned up mentally switched on for one game only to be all out at sea upstairs the next week.

That's the thing now.

Adelaide are off the boil but Brad has to be given credit for engineering the win through good selection and a successful gameplan on the day. Just as he should wear it for poor selection and tactics in previous weeks.

The playing group clearly enjoyed the win as did most of us even those like me who aren't convinced that Brad is still the right man at the right time for the club any longer.

The mental state of the group on Friday will tell a lot. 2018 was a good representation of a group that turned up mentally switched on for one game only to be all out at sea upstairs the next week.
My expectations havnt been lifted at all.
The fight shown on the weekend stands for something though.
Essendon are a week and a half ahead of us in terms of getting their season going. And they’ll lift another cog this Friday cause it’s us

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos
i hope Scamper gets a few more votes after yesterday.
4954.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam mitchell, however if we are going to persist with a used car salesman gordon farkas is our man.
Well he's got the right name at least.

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
Okay NMBF family I have some great news.

I’ve been liaising with John Hammond (the owner/operator of Jurassic Park) about some cloning techniques to get our very own EJ Ted Whitten.

We’ve managed to track down Don ‘Mopsy’ Fraser who knocked out EJ in his first game back in 1951 and hence we’ve extracted EJ’s DNA from under Mopsy’s fingernails.

Taking some DNA chains from a common household honey badger and splicing them with EJ’s recovered DNA we should have the NMFC version of Ted running around Arden Street in approximately 20 years.

Stay tuned for further updates.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Let's assume the club or Brad makes the right call and he goes. Great. But then, who should replace him?

For a while I've been keen on Tudor, but he's been part of the current regime for too long, so maybe he's tainted and is part of the problem?
Blakey has good pedigree, won flags under Pagan, then with Matthews at the Lions towards the end of their reign, then at the Swans for flags. Does he want to be head coach?
Sam Mitchell could be good, won 4 flags under Clarko, won with Simmo at WC last year, now back in Melb with Clarko.
Ratten an option, although personally I'm not keen on him.
Simmo would be awesome, but I don't think he's the kind of person to just walk out on WC and leave them high and dry, after they gave him the chance to coach.

So who should be our next coach, and why?

Back