Hawthorn vs Geelong MCG- Saturday July 20th 2019 - Edited Page 18 current discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
First game I thought we threw the kitchen sink at you but ultimately you were better, second time around I think we were a 5 goal better side for all but 15 minutes :'(

From memory, Melbourne absolutely shredded Geelong for a large portion of the first half but couldn't put it on the scoreboard.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
From memory, Melbourne absolutely shredded Geelong for a large portion of the first half but couldn't put it on the scoreboard.

Been the story of our season against good sides, although in the first game it was dealt with fairly easily I thought by the cats, 2nd I thought we played it much better on our terms but alas we came up against a Hawkins playing beast mode.

bumsonseats

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2009
Back in Stinktown (Adelaide)
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I never said wed finish the minor premier, only the actual one.

You had +17 I50s, but so do a lot of teams. Look at where our opposition takes their shots at goal from and their scores per I50. Were the league leaders for both

Nice tip but geelong will win and win well. Afterall, we just came within a kick of the favourite for the flag, and the hawks are a mile off

LOL

upload_2018-8-11_15-56-51.jpeg

Surely Geelong in a canter. The only people that rate Hawthorn are delusional Hawk supporters still clinging to glories past.

Hi there evo. :D

No Roughead, Birchall, McEvoy, Sicily and Howe.

Clarkson, what a coaching legend.

Last edited:

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
upload_2018-8-11_17-49-35.png

footywire

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
On form over the past few months Stanley has been way better than McEvoy, as much as McEvoy may have had the far better career. And while Sicily is a better player than Henderson, that's like comparing Selwood and Duncan - it's not like the inferior of the two is a s**t player

Yeah nah. McEvoy was in AA form if not for two incredible seasons from Gawn and Grundy. Stanley has had a good 5 games. McEvoy has been great all season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Hawks far too good and like the first game really should have won by more. We came at them again in the final ten minutes after getting out played for the majority of the game.

Deserved winners.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Hawks currently up by 13 at 3qtr time against the Saints. Massive game next week stating the obvious. Hawks could be 3-1 like the Catters, or be 2-2. Either way it will be a massive clash and the Hawks will believe they can beat us on Easter Monday.

Hawks currently up by 13 at 3qtr time against the Saints. Massive game next week stating the obvious. Hawks could be 3-1 like the Catters, or be 2-2. Either way it will be a massive clash and the Hawks will believe they can beat us on Easter Monday.

Geelong could possibly win this by 100 points

Eternal Schism

Senior List
Feb 17, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Souths
Hawks are in trouble this game, Geelong should win comfortably. Hawthorn depth stretching to the limits with Mitchell, Burgoyne, Shiels, Jaegar, Frawley, Stratton, Cousins all injured. They'd hope at least a couple play for them next week (Jaegar & Stratton?). By rights the Cats mids should tear through them.

Bombfire

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2007
Napier St.
AFL Club
Essendon
You could have at least waited till the final siren to get all excited about a game that will get ugly for Hawthorn.

Back