Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

Remove this Banner Ad

Very happy to be wrong about his fitness. I felt for sure we were desperate to bring him back in so quickly and that he'd either injure himself or not be able to play the way he likes.

I've never seen anyone with quite such ... acceleration? of the arms and shoulders. They just seem to suddenly be 2 inches closer to the man all of a sudden and then he's dragging them to ground. Even more noticeable when he's tackling from the ground.

MVP right now
The players on our list who can least afford to get injured are our most important. It’s ****ed.
He and Jacobs and potentially Garner completely change the dynamic of the group and IMO would make Scott a successful coach.
How could you fail?
Don’t believe they’ve played any games together for years.
Crazy

Just on Jed, watching him closely his difference to the team and what he bring other than ferociousness at the contest is that he is the equivalent of a screen or check in basketball.
He hits hard and his oppenent stays down rendering themselves useless to the play.
Make no mistake how important this is to helping other teammates, in particular the defenders as it leaves one less number in active play. Sometimes maybe two. Add Jacobs and well, you know the result.
He is invaluable to us.

He attacks the man and contest with incredible ferocity but we knew that.

What isn't widely credited is his speed of grabbing and kicking the ball out of danger in the clinches. A bit Ziebell-like but he tends to grab it faster and somehow kick it to a better spot in a split second. Denis would've loved him.

Also gets bonus points for singing our song with absolute ferocity. Keep him fit North medicos because this bloke wants to win.

He attacks the man and contest with incredible ferocity but we knew that.

What isn't widely credited is his speed of grabbing and kicking the ball out of danger in the clinches. A bit Ziebell-like but he tends to grab it faster and somehow kick it to a better spot in a split second. Denis would've loved him.

Also gets bonus points for singing our song with absolute ferocity. Keep him fit North medicos because this bloke wants to win.

His hands in close are bloody good. He had the midas touch on Saturday, even when his kick was smothered in the middle it almost jumped straight back into his hands for a clean clearance moments later. When you’re on, you’re on.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he was the sole reason our intensity and pressure was up today.

When he goes in as hard as he does, as often as he does, it inspires those around him to try and put in the same.
Thats why when you add Jacobs as well we are a completely different team

The pressure they both bring lifts everyone’s standard

They set the standard with intensity which permeates throughout the team. Even JMac was sticking tackles ;)

Why is it that our wins are always proviso'd with: "But their opponents were x" by those in the footysphere?

Be nice if we won it on our own merit for once.

They do that with most defeated trams.

They set the standard with intensity which permeates throughout the team. Even JMac was sticking tackles ;)

They do that with most defeated trams.
I'm impressed that you managed to quote me in an entirely unrelated thread haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Jed gets a run at the ball carrier we will tackle with ferocity. However, if he senses there is a split second of luxury time afforded him before he tackles he will actually stop and prop to build up extra momentum and then propel himself at the tackle with a burst action. A great illustration of Newton’s third law in action.

Had to post this GIF from Rick's article in here. Absolutely maniacal attack on the ball and the player.

jed1.gif

He WANTS to hurt the people that deny him the ball. We need 12 more just like him.

We had 15 blokes like that when we were a regular top 4 side back in the 90's.

He has come a long way from the shy kid that entered the club a few years ago. He has really brought into the club culture.

Lindsay Thomas has to be credited for part of his transformation, played a huge role in this kid getting his confidence early in the piece.

Hope he is upgraded to the leadership group next year. Leads by example on the field and does so much around the club with the indigenous kids.

Had to post this GIF from Rick's article in here. Absolutely maniacal attack on the ball and the player.

jed1.gif

There is a point in that gif where the four closest players to the ball are all blackfellas. I've heard Jed is really standing up in terms of showing some leadership and an excellent example to the younger indigenous kids and the way TT and Paulie crack in next to him is unreal.

I think it's reasonable to say, he plays against Brisbane and Hawthorn - we win both games, simple as that. Given we were in winning positions in both deep in second halves, I don't think it's a stretch to say that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back