Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The administration's lack of balls and lack of fight for our right to wear the PBs actually contributes in itself to the overall malaise that has engulfed the club. It's a 1%er but if we can't even get something as simple as our guernsey right, what hope are we of winning the premiership?

Yep we seem to be drifting further and further away from where we came from it’s time to start rowing back to shore.

Who though? The club is doing as it's been told.

Even IF the board had an appetite for getting the guernsey worn more often, their hands are tied by our VFL overlords.

Are there any plans to hand out flyers/stickers at games to make people aware of the campaign?

There would still be quite a few casual supporters who are unaware of the campaign and also unaware of the importance of our traditional guernsey.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I have been away for the worst possible time.

Let’s get this s**t back in track.

Yeah my last few months have been insane so I’ve not done much with this.
Feeling a little jaded about the whole thing really.

SgtShulz has been doing a decent job though.

Yeah my last few months have been insane so I’ve not done much with this.
Feeling a little jaded about the whole thing really.

SgtShulz has been doing a decent job though.
He has kept it right on track with minimal input from me.

I’d like the club to let us know what they have got planned for 2020 waaaay before the seasons end. Telling us afterwards is not really acceptable (unless it’s a huge win).

I’ve just caught up on the Richo twitter storm.

LISTEN TO US!

DON’T PAY LIP SERVICE.

Because when the on field stuff doesn’t work out (which is inevitable in sport), we only have traditions and hope to lean on for our motivation to pay our annual thousands.

Last edited:
Our return the wings campaign eventually won out and was started on the eagles board

Good luck with this - your club has just as good a history if not better than any old vic club and you deserve to keep your heritage.

I look forward to hating that jersey as much as i hate your current one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bringing back the bars isn’t just about wearing the jumper. It’s a statement of intent from the supporters. We want our football club to represent the ideals that the bars represent.

I’m not sitting here expecting that wearing the PBs will bring instant premierships, but it’s a symbol that everyone at the club can get behind. It, the creed and the number one are important traditions because they give people something to stand behind when things aren’t going the way we want.

Bring back the bars and restore our faith in Port Adelaide.

The leaders of this campaign need to be informed about exactly what the club is doing. Only a franchise would not engage with the membership at this level.

If not enough is being done, then we should do something on match day- a petition, stickers, whatever. My fear at the moment is that this is going nowhere.

He has kept it right on track with minimal input from me.

I’d like the club to let us know what they have got planned for 2020 waaaay before the seasons end. Telling us afterwards is not really acceptable (unless it’s a huge win).

I’ve just caught up on the Richo twitter storm.

LISTEN TO US!

DON’T PAY LIP SERVICE.

Because when the on field stuff doesn’t work out (which is inevitable in sport), we only have traditions and hope to lean on for our motivation to pay our annual thousands.

If they aren't going to listen to members who start a campaign/poll, then why do they send us a club survey/poll every year?
* this club needs a refresh at management level..

If they aren't going to listen to members who start a campaign/poll, then why do they send us a club survey/poll every year?
**** this club needs a refresh at management level..
I think the club are listening, it’s convincing the AFL that’s the hurdle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back