• Jack Ross

Votes: 227 79.4%
  • Jack Higgins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sydney Stack

Votes: 48 16.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I didnt know where else to post this but id just like to say well done to our recruiters.
We have finished high up since 2013 (traded out our 1st in 2016) so we havent had high draft picks.
I think we have taken calculated risks on who we pick.
Shai Bolton and Fraser Turner only both just snuck into their respective drafts and thats probably the reason they slipped but we took a chance on them and it seems to be paying off.
Similar tactics with Graham and Ross. Both deemed to be fully developed with not much improvement but who really cares if they are playing well straight away???
We have also clearly taken some risks in Garthwaight, Balta, CCJ and Miller but all of them have shown they will be solid AFL players

I didnt know where else to post this but id just like to say well done to our recruiters.
We have finished high up since 2013 (traded out our 1st in 2016) so we havent had high draft picks.
Shai Bolton and Fraser Turner only both just snuck into their respective drafts and thats probably the reason they slipped but we took a chance on them and it seems to be paying off.
Similar tactics with Graham and Ross. Both deemed to be fully developed with not much improvement but who really cares if they are playing well straight away???
We have also clearly taken some risks in Garthwaight, Balta, CCJ and Miller but all of them have shown they will be solid AFL players

Thanks. Us arm chair recruiters really appreciate it when the fans go out of their way to thank us like this :tearsofjoy:

First time poster, long time lurker here.

As tough as the previous couple of weeks have been, it was all worth it for what we all saw on Saturday.

It's so reassuring to know that, despite being in the contender talk, we still have a number of talented kids pushing up from below. The recruiting in recent history has been fantastic.

I'll admit at the beginning of the year I was a little worried at the fact we lost so much depth, and while they might not have been best 22/25 players, I thought they'd turn into pretty vital losses if we were to all of a sudden cop a string of injuries.

But to see the likes of Stack, Ross, Balta, Bolton all playing a decent role in Saturday's win was so heartwarming to see, and has completely eradicated my previous thoughts of needing that more mature depth to fall back on should injuries hit.

Overall, just a big pat on the back to our recruiters.

He refuses to run like he can. Cant understand why?He gets so many opportunities to do so.
Have another look at the first qtr. Plenty of run from the guy. Sacrificial stuff too. Good marking, good spoils, good kicking. In fact as he played backline, it might be hard to drop him for Dusty. Sure for Houli. I just rewatched it to focus on the potential dropped player. Baker, George both played extremely well; Bolton good, Balta's intercept great. No one deserves to be dropped.

Dion Prestia and Josh Caddy ... for pick 6. Delicious.

He refuses to run like he can. Cant understand why?He gets so many opportunities to do so.
I think he took a pretty big leap forward in all aspects on Saturday. Was good enough in the clinches, 7 contested 7 non, kicked the ball well mainly and ran the lines better, but you have to remember that he is always the first dropped, so he never get a run at it. Menadue has been unlucky to get dropped on a number of occasions, so is probably a bit timid when it comes to playing with a bit of bravado, ie running and breaking the lines. I'm pretty sure if he was a regular he would be a good player. Who do you think they will drop for Houli.... now that Brandon Ellis played a good game. Having said that he has some weaknesses in his game due mainly to his body size and lack of aggression. Now he looks like an AFL player.

Our forward line looked heaps better with Caddy. Great return for him after an interrupted preseason. If the three of them can Gel properly once Jack is back our forward line is gonna be really exciting to watch as they all being something really different to the table
had another look at just the 1st qtr. And Caddy was good but Rioli, Baker, George's pressure were elite. Not just completed tackles but George put just enough pressure on the Port defender that he mis kicked and Balta took that intercept mark on 50.

I know you’re exagerrating but I recall during our s**t period in 16, There was a poster actually hoping for Dimma to be run over so he couldn’t coach us. Man this board really got mental.

Don’t think that poster has been seen since.
I ran him over...

I have been a big supporter of George and prefer him in the side to Butler but..... If someone had told me when I was young to not let go of the playing AFL dream and that in a few years time all I needed to do was get 4 tackles a game...Dont need to hit a target by hand or foot. No need to impact the scoreboard or get possessions. Just get a few tackles!! Ouuffff Id be playing for Richmond right now. Shattering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know you’re exagerrating but I recall during our s**t period in 16, There was a poster actually hoping for Dimma to be run over so he couldn’t coach us. Man this board really got mental.

Don’t think that poster has been seen since.

LOL!!!!!!!!

I have been a big supporter of George and prefer him in the side to Butler but..... If someone had told me when I was young to not let go of the playing AFL dream and that in a few years time all I needed to do was get 4 tackles a game...Dont need to hit a target by hand or foot. No need to impact the scoreboard or get possessions. Just get a few tackles!! Ouuffff Id be playing for Richmond right now. Shattering.
Sounds like the whole team for rounds 2 and 3, guess you would have fitted right in then!

You mentioned George but you pretty much described Jack Grahams game. Which I thought was borderline. I was thinking of bringing in Dusty for Graham. But Cotcho maybe you should get the call up. What’s your dont argue like?

Last edited:
I think he took a pretty big leap forward in all aspects on Saturday. Was good enough in the clinches, 7 contested 7 non, kicked the ball well mainly and ran the lines better, but you have to remember that he is always the first dropped, so he never get a run at it. Menadue has been unlucky to get dropped on a number of occasions, so is probably a bit timid when it comes to playing with a bit of bravado, ie running and breaking the lines. I'm pretty sure if he was a regular he would be a good player. Who do you think they will drop for Houli.... now that Brandon Ellis played a good game. Having said that he has some weaknesses in his game due mainly to his body size and lack of aggression. Now he looks like an AFL player.
If Houli is not ready then I’d be leaving Connor at half back. A mid or a fwd will make way for Dusty

Castagna created 3 goals, 3 goal assists.
Remember he created the first goal for Caddy.
I notice Bevo is using the rover Daniel as the kick in, kicking in to talls.
Short should still be our designated kick in, when he recovers.
If they need to omit players, I would choose Higgins, Markov, and Short, if he falters.

The last time we won in Adelaide and then played at Docklands the next week... we got thumped by St Kilda...
Last time we won in Adelaide and got flogged at shitihad the following week....we went on to win the flag!!!

This game is another tough one,media writing Swans off,Hardwick will want to keep the players firmly focussed on winning this one.

Listening to Sheds in an interview,I am safe in the knowledge that will happen.

I think only one change on the weekend
Martin in for Graham
Then round 6 against the Dees
Jack Reiwoldt and Houli and ,either Graham back in or TOWNER
Maybe even Soldo in for Balta,, not sure balta has the f fitness
To play on Saturday then Wednesday
So 1 change this week
Then 3-4 changes against the dees

Back