Moved Thread Garry Ablett Matthew Kennedy & God

Remove this Banner Ad

Homophobic rant? Really? That was one thing on a list of several things.

Ah, humanity. How far we have come. 2019 and people are getting triggered over someone liking an instagram post. Time to put down the keyboard and focus on more productive things than getting outraged over nothing.

Which part of his contract did he breach?

Is there a 'no personal opinions' clause in there somewhere?
not sure if RA have a clause for bringing the game into disrepute like the AFL. But this would be up there. Especially with a major sponsor unhappy.
Only a few years ago he came out saying there is no room for homophobia in Rugby. I would hope he extended that to life in general. He seems to have changed his tune. Which is fine, but when you're a public figure, speaking on a public platform, this is what can happen.

Well, you might be. But the real question is why are you going in to bat for a guy who wants all gay people to go to hell?
Batting for them? I think religion for a western educated person is a mental disease. Im not going to attack people who clearly need some help. We should be getting them help.

However the bigger problem is people seeing the word homosexual and hell and getting all triggered about it when hell doesnt exist and the homosexuals alone werent targetted. Everyone was targetted. Its concerning. He is going to be denied his career and lots of money because of this bizarre irrational media outrage. He hasnt gone out and discriminated against a gay person in real life. Its completely illogical.

Same as I do for most of things. Ignore. However that example is a little different to the Folau post

The thing with all of this is that everyone is missing is that they aren't calling for gays, drunks ext to die or to suffer in real life. They are saying that they will go to a make believe bad place when they die. Most normal people know this place doesn't exist so why should we give a **** who they think are going to that place?

We should be more concerned about these people like Folau and Ablett believing in this fictitious place and book tbh
The thing is it’s a bit of a storm in a teacup. There are still going to be diehard conservatives who’ll believe this, and we can’t help that some of these people will be sports stars with social media accounts.

I’d look at the bigger picture, remember that as a nation the majority outvoted the clowns like Folau and Ablett when it came to gay marriage plebiscite. That’s now legislation and that’s not going to change anytime soon.

Take these fools with a grain of salt.

There shouldnt be consequences for banning people from your own imagination land. Well you should get mental help for believing in imagination land but that should be it.
So because he believes in something imaginary, he shouldn't face consequences for his homophobic crap? He breached social media policy, that was the reason for his firing, there's really no dancing around that fact

Perhaps Izzy was doing the right thing and your parents werent good chrisitians because they didnt try to warn homosexuals that they might go to hell.

If i was religious and believed people were going to live an eternity in pain after they die for actions here on earth I would do my darn best to try and convert them. It would be incredibly immoral not to.
perhaps, but since Izzy didn't raise me, and my grandparents/parents have equal amounts of solid info on the facts, ill go with what i know and, if i end up in hell, at least people who remember me here will recall i was nice to people who weren't c****

So because he believes in something imaginary, he shouldn't face consequences for his homophobic crap? He breached social media policy, that was the reason for his firing, there's really no dancing around that fact
How is it homophobic if the place doesnt exist? To be homophobic he has to deny homosexuals something? He hasnt done that as hell doesnt exist.

Batting for them? I think religion for a western educated person is a mental disease. Im not going to attack people who clearly need some help. We should be getting them help.

However the bigger problem is people seeing the word homosexual and hell and getting all triggered about it when hell doesnt exist and the homosexuals alone werent targetted. Everyone was targetted. Its concerning. He is going to be denied his career and lots of money because of this bizarre irrational media outrage. He hasnt gone out and discriminated against a gay person in real life. Its completely illogical.
accountability. His loss of career was very easily avoidable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is it homophobic if the place doesnt exist? To be homophobic he has to deny homosexuals something? He hasnt done that as hell doesnt exist.
yeah, but you can persecute people. And that's not to be tolerated.
Wasn't long ago their way of life was illegal. I guess when you spend so long under that sort of scrutiny and intolerance, you stamp it out before it gets a chance to grow.

fully support people's admonishing of him.

Funny how fundamentalist Christians pick and choose those beliefs that will condemn people to hell.

I look forward to Gaz, Kennedy and Folau sitting out their next Sunday game, falling as it does on the Sabbath, that well known day of rest.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

For a lot of them it provides an excuse for their own bigotry and hate. Many fundamentalist Christians are not like that and are more about the love aspect of Christianity. There are many gay Christians. It's comments like Folau's that give decent Christians a bad name

There shouldnt be consequences for banning people from your own imagination land. Well you should get mental help for believing in imagination land but that should be it.

Yeah because trying to remove people from faith is making the world such a better, harmonious place. Spare me.

The phrase "gay men aren't allowed to have sex with me" is homophobic by this standard.

It doesn't invalidate their lifestyle, it doesn't even deny them something they want, but it's not for it so it must be seen as aggressively attacking it because we live in a binary (triggered something else there too) society where you're either for or against something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back