Preview Round 5, 2019: Melbourne v St.Kilda - MCG, Saturday 20th April, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Demons

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • Saints

Votes: 56 72.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Any word on whether Steven will be avail this week?
Would feel much more at ease going into this game with him coming back in to assist the midfield
Which is an area of concern against Melbourne, otherwise i'm confident we have got them covered!

Agree Hind is getting possessions no doubt but what is noticeable with Hind & Dunstan yesterday considerably noticeable watching the game live is all there
interested in is stats & not team play all they wanted to see was stats next to their name to put their name up there in front of the coaches, Dunstan totally has no respect for any listed Sandy player & Hind trying to hard to bust a gut.

No cohesion between Sandy players & saints players due to saints players looking after them self's.
On what basis do you have any claim to make this ridiculous statement! " Dunstan totally has no respect for any listed Sandy player " lol
Just mindboggling that the bloke takes his medicine goes back to the two's, works his arse off gets 37 touches and Hind gets 40 and yet
You cannot find anything else other to say about them, than that rubbish!

Great news, we are playing at the MCG and the Gresh Prince just loves it there.

This will be the first huge test for Rowan Marshall. Gawn is one of the game’s best. Preuss is pretty handy too (good luck Acres if he plans on being 2nd ruck again).

Their midfield is strong, we will need to step up through the middle to be a chance here.

From what I saw of Hind pre-season his form deserved a crack at seniors more than Kent did.

While it was good to inject more pace into our team this season I think a big part of Kent being given the nod that he was the only one of our two recruits gained from another club that was able to play.

He has 4 games now. A ll underwhelming. 4 games is enough of a crack to give a player in the seniors to strut his staff. Longer has already been set back for achieving less.

Hind for Kent makes enormous sense to me based on delivered form of both players.

DMac apart from concussion has only been so so for mine. So he for Geary.

Steven for the extremely unlucky Paton, who unlike Gears used the ball well by hand and foot. Paton is also quicker. But no way will the club not bring Geary back.

PS: My personal thinking is also based on where we want the club to be in one or two years time. So keep playing Marshall in the ruck, but yes his body may need a spell at some stage.

No way our team will go crow how good a team we are , however no one rates us and we never get a break from the media.

media -
Coasters weak team , will not win a game
Bombers just rubble
Dockers - we were close because Fyfe got hurt ( should of won this one )
Hawks to many injuries

it's good most team's don't rate us because they will be surprised when they play us how hard they will be hit.

We had only 4 players who have played over 100 games and 6 guys who have not played over 20 today

Anyway people don't realize how long it takes guys to mature , just take a look at Billings , Gresham they are only start to show there worth after a few years in the system.

However we have another few guys who could totally become game changes once they get to play constant football.

Acres never has had a good run last year to due to niggling injury.
Marshall in just over 10 games is improving out of sight.
Steele is developing into a really good midfielder
Battle is only 20 and has played 11 games and he is already looking he can can hold down a key defensive position.

Then just look at a few of our kids who will need another season or so to get the bodies right.
This kids are talented , very talented

Hunter - Clarke
Coffield
Clavarino
Paton
M.King
Bytel

This 12 young guys could be the base for our team for the next 10 years , but patients must be taken , some of them are a bit to fragile atm.

Anyway this year with a few of these kids coming of age and a few new faces we could push just about every team.
Just the arrival of Parker , Wilkie , Kent , Marsh , Hind and Young has given us speed and depth and when you add Ross , Newnes , Webster , Long , Membery , Bruce , Sinclair , McKenzie we are a totally different side from last year with the addition of the new coaches.

The Hype about Hannerbery being a bust , is just the media beating everything up as usual , we needed a class player to come in to help these kids and if he can get on the park this year it will be a plus even if he is not as good as he was in his Swans days.

Anyway from today's side if we can pick up Steven , Geary , Carlisle , Hannerbery into the squad we could easily be playing finals this year with us getting a look at a easier draw in the later half of the year.

ATM the more games these guys play together the stronger the unit will become and the confidence is growing with every win.

Agree with all of that bar Gresh. He was pretty much a star from game one. Absolute gun.

Sore & coming off a 6 day break. I wouldn’t be surprised if Parker doesn’t play which could give Kent a reprieve.
You may be right about Parker! We will just have to wait and see, But in no way does Kent deserve a reprieve!
He has had a month of pretty ordinary footy in a team going well with hot competition for spots! He needs to go back and find some form
He will come in handy throughout the season, no need to keep watching him struggle whilst he grapples with becoming familiar with his new team!
Might as well give Robbie Young a go! Having said that this game is against Melbourne which is obv Kent's old team and if he was to come good
Nothing would be sweeter for him than giving the Dees members the old Brian Wilson treatment!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our list doesn't read pretty but it's super effective for the way we play. Melbourne are like some 50 year old accountant that went out and bought a convertible Mustang, at the moment you got a bit ahead of yourselves and started to hit the dating sites, you were feeling pretty good but first date and you went a bit fast and the toupee blew off and the fake tan started running in the sun. Saints are more like a pig shooters ute with a Max Max crew hanging over the side. You campaigners just took a wrong turn and are about to feel pain of a wrong turn into a bad neighbourhood.
Brilliant, I've been laughing to myself all day whenever I think about the analogy. It's perfection :fire:

Kinda annoyed Clark started on ball and had 12 touches early into second then classic richo moves him down back the rest of the game because of McKenzie and finds it twice in two and a half quarters. Why can’t we play our young guns in the middle for a full game and let them flourish like other clubs? It’s not like he had 2 touches and was completely shie. Anyway hind for McKenzie Geary for kent saints by 14
Clark wasn’t doing that good and secondly if he is in there acres may not be. Only 3 can play in the middle at any one time.

I wouldn't mind Hind in the small forward spot, he's seriously quick, he's be good at getting to anyone trying to leave the area. He'd have the Dees disposal pressured. Even on a wing.

The guy has played half back all year and you want his game as a small forward. Why would they do that. He plays back or doesn’t play. If there is no spot then bad luck.

We are currently ranked 1st for stopping other teams scoring in our defensive 50 (OPP SSPIF-34.42%)
I think that is remarkable given the relative lack of experience in our backline.
Melbourne are currently the worst ranked team and are allowing the opposition to score every second entry inside 50 (49.77%)
They get the ball I50 plenty but they can't seem to convert those opportunities into scores.
The Demons are an excellent clearance team (top ranked) but if our forwards can take advantage of Melbourne's poor defending and our backline can continue to hold strong, then I think there is no reason why we cannot come away with another win.

We are currently ranked 1st for stopping other teams scoring in our defensive 50 (OPP SSPIF-34.42%)
I think that is remarkable given the relative lack of experience in our backline.
Melbourne are currently the worst ranked team and are allowing the opposition to score every second entry inside 50 (49.77%)
They get the ball I50 plenty but they can't seem to convert those opportunities into scores.
The Demons are an excellent clearance team (top ranked) but if our forwards can take advantage of Melbourne's poor defending and our backline can continue to hold strong, then I think there is no reason why we cannot come away with another win.

Basically every game against Melbourne 2017-present is decided by how well the oppo defend our inside 50s, and also how smart we are with ball in hand. The good sides absorb a lot of shallow bad entries and punish us hard on the counter. If we try and play chaos footy this week I think we'll lose, if we're smart with ball in hand we'll win.

I am a relatively quiet but emotional watcher and analyse far better watching a replay, so just did that. Paton played far better than I thought yesterday during the game. I would not change the backline other than Geary for DMac.

Savage, Webster and Geary have improved on last year by a significant amount. Wilkie is arguably the recruit of the year so far. I know he is going to make a mistake one day but can't recall one yet! Battle has been very good and will either settle there or become a great forward if required due to this experience in the backline. Anyone remember of young blond haired CHB who became one of our greatest ever forwards.

I have no idea where Hind plays his best footy but I would bring him in for Kent if he can play wing/forward against the Dees on the G. The replay clearly showed the remarkable advantage of footspeed. Can't have too much of that provided, of course, that the players can get the ball!

I would really like an extra tall in the forward 50 however, other than Kent, I would make no other changes up there at present.

If Steven is ok to play then he replaces Kent. Even better if we could play both him and Hind. Could those of you who know please let me know about Hind's attributes other than his speed?

Too much quiet around Stuv

Needs some clarity from the club
If its his personal and private life we don't need to know anything the club just needs to do what ever is best for Jack

You may be right about Parker! We will just have to wait and see, But in no way does Kent deserve a reprieve!
He has had a month of pretty ordinary footy in a team going well with hot competition for spots! He needs to go back and find some form
He will come in handy throughout the season, no need to keep watching him struggle whilst he grapples with becoming familiar with his new team!
Might as well give Robbie Young a go! Having said that this game is against Melbourne which is obv Kent's old team and if he was to come good
Nothing would be sweeter for him than giving the Dees members the old Brian Wilson treatment!
I agree Kent hasn't been great but he is still coming to terms of our game plan which does take time especially when he is playing in the hardest position on the ground . So based on that, I'll give him one more game (haha)

Any word on whether Steven will be avail this week?
Would feel much more at ease going into this game with him coming back in to assist the midfield
Which is an area of concern against Melbourne, otherwise i'm confident we have got them covered!
He trained on Saturday apparently and Friday, Richo didn’t say no but he certainly wasn’t emphatically saying yes either.

If I had a guess I reckon he will get up this week but again I’d expect him to probably playin 50/50 Fwd/Mid still may be that case the majority of the year.

The guy has played half back all year and you want his game as a small forward. Why would they do that. He plays back or doesn’t play. If there is no spot then bad luck.

If you can defend back you can defend forward. He's always been considered a utility an can play back forward or middle. If we want some one to play defensive forward, he is literally one of the quickest players you will see. Sounds like it would add to our already manic forward pressure.

Our list doesn't read pretty but it's super effective for the way we play. Melbourne are like some 50 year old accountant that went out and bought a convertible Mustang, at the moment you got a bit ahead of yourselves and started to hit the dating sites, you were feeling pretty good but first date and you went a bit fast and the toupee blew off and the fake tan started running in the sun. Saints are more like a pig shooters ute with a Max Max crew hanging over the side. You campaigners just took a wrong turn and are about to feel pain of a wrong turn into a bad neighbourhood.
classic Gringo

He trained on Saturday apparently and Friday, Richo didn’t say no but he certainly wasn’t emphatically saying yes either.

If I had a guess I reckon he will get up this week but again I’d expect him to probably playin 50/50 Fwd/Mid still may be that case the majority of the year.

My gut feel is that Steven is lacking some serious match fitness. He is looking incredibly fat & disheveled. He looks like Ron Jeremy’s love child. I’d say Richo would be happy for Jack to take as long as he needs to get his body & mind right before returning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back