Review Good bad and ugly vs kangaroos

Remove this Banner Ad

And Brown should get a week for diving.

Interested how you see the Brown's run up from a set shot, IMO it's farcical it's allowed and the shot clock is basically disregarded.

I guess seeing as the interpretation is that the shot clock stops when the run up starts, he gets away with it. What was interesting is that they were a little tardier starting the clock when he got up from his acrobatics than others were allowed.

Brown's first (or second - can't remember, they all looked similar) dive saw the mark set about 12 metres out from goal. He took the ball back 10 metres outside 50. Once his approach to goal exceeds 15 metres, I don't know why he doesn't get pinged for not bouncing the ball. Rule 15.1.4 says that "A Free Kick means that possession of the football is given to a Player", then Rule 15.2.2(b) says that "Where a Player is moving whilst in possession of the football, the Player must bounce or touch the football on the ground at least once every 15 metres". I don't see any other rule that overrides 15.2.2(b) for a free kick.

And Brown should get a week for diving.

I am not sure if he is diving or is just unco, he seems to get bowled over even by short people when it doesn't benefit us for him to go to ground and clearly aren't infringements. He is generally a shithouse ruckman and I think that ruck contests shows why, he is too easily shoved out of the way.

Interested how you see the Brown's run up from a set shot, IMO it's farcical it's allowed and the shot clock is basically disregarded.

There aren't any rules in relation to how long your run up can be unless the umpire believes you are deliberately time wasting, then he can call play on. Otherwise you have 30 seconds to start the run up. If the AFL felt it was an issue they can adjust the rule to you will have 30 seconds and after 30 seconds the umpire must call play on.

No I want cap space or picks, not nothing.

You're telling me what I want now??? lmao

What does that even mean?

I didn't change direction at all, nor did you answer the question in full.

I'm fully aware they could be used in trades. But propose a scenario, a plausible one. What teams are taking Lynch and Jenkins and for what price/picks?
You posted that we are stuck with these guys because they are contracted ... I said that doesn't matter, players get traded in contract all the time - hell you can even sweeten the deal by paying some of their salaries. LIKE OTHER CLUBS DO.

I posted an example for you using the Suns and Luko / Rankine where maybe Jenkins is someone they need and we include him in the trade.

If you don't know what "Opportunity cost" means ... Google is your friend.

You seem to be twisted into a pretzel over something, and I'm not sure what ... but I'm pretty sure you can work it for yourself, and please don't feel that you need to include me in your struggle.

You posted that we are stuck with these guys because they are contracted ... I said that doesn't matter, players get traded in contract all the time - hell you can even sweeten the deal by paying some of their salaries. LIKE OTHER CLUBS DO.

Yes, players move clubs to free up cap space. NO ******* s**t SHERLOCK. Stop acting like no one else understands the concept, why do you keep repeating it?

We are not stuck with these guys solely because they are contracted. We are also stuck with them because they are s**t.

I posted an example for you using the Suns and Luko / Rankine where maybe Jenkins is someone they need and we include him in the trade.

And we finally get to the crux of my argument!!! Yay!!!

This will never happen and your trade scenario is delusional. Jenkins is not going to GC, not now not ever. Want to bet on it? Name your price? There is no ceiling on this bet.

Yes, players move clubs to free up cap space. NO ******* s**t SHERLOCK. Stop acting like no one else understands the concept, why do you keep repeating it?

We are not stuck with these guys solely because they are contracted. We are also stuck with them because they are s**t.

And we finally get to the crux of my argument!!! Yay!!!

This will never happen and your trade scenario is delusional. Jenkins is not going to GC, not now not ever. Want to bet on it? Name your price? There is no ceiling on this bet.
Jenkins >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Matthew Lobbe. Lobbe had 2 years on huge money left on his contract and was traded to Carlton. If a club wants to move on a player, they can make it happen. Jenkins still offers more than enough for clubs and would be snapped up if the incentive was there. So if the club wanted to be ruthless and move him on, it could and would happen.

So McDonald from North concusses Chayce Jones with a late "spoil". Jones takes no further part in the game. Impact is assessed medium.
Setterfield from Carlton concusses Will Powell with a tackle. Powell takes no further part in the game. Impact is assessed as high.

Welcome to MRP lotto, Chayce.
A Carlton player to miss? I can live with that

No. You are just wanting good picks for them.

No I want cap space or picks, not nothing.

You're telling me what I want now??? lmao

No, he's not telling you what you want. You posted yourself what you want. So, what's funny ??

I just so no incentive in it for us. We get picks or draft picks. We have plenty of blokes in the magoos we can drop if we want another spot.

I'm happy to pay their salary if we get a good pick in return or visa versa.

It's a 2 way street. If things aren't working for a player at a club, they can be just as open to a fresh start as the club is. It can mean not much coming back the other way, and only frees up a small portion of the salary cap, but it can be for the best. I'm not saying I want this to happen, or think it will, just providing perspective.

Going back from today......how many days since Port won a flag ???
Now....how many days since the Crows won a flag.
Im tipping Port will win another before we do......so say what you like...they suck....blah, blah, blah.
But they have more heart than the Crows....and play more honest football.
It hurts....but its true.

What about your usual argument that only flags count, everything else is failure.

Crows 2 flags in 28 years.

Poort Pear 1 flag in 22 years.

You do the maths.

Jenkins >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Matthew Lobbe. Lobbe had 2 years on huge money left on his contract and was traded to Carlton. If a club wants to move on a player, they can make it happen. Jenkins still offers more than enough for clubs and would be snapped up if the incentive was there. So if the club wanted to be ruthless and move him on, it could and would happen.

350.png

That Jenkins get traded?

No one is saying players don't get traded to free up cap space. That was never in doubt, but thanks for the example.

Gold Coast is taking an old, out of form Jenkins some picks and in return we get a Rankine or Luko...

giphy.gif

highly plausible scenario...

It's a 2 way street. If things aren't working for a player at a club, they can be just as open to a fresh start as the club is. It can mean not much coming back the other way, and only frees up a small portion of the salary cap, but it can be for the best. I'm not saying I want this to happen, or think it will, just providing perspective.

I fully understand this. But lets get crazy for a second and be... realistic.

Who is taking the trade? That's my whole point, I know it could happen but will it? No

(Log in to remove this ad.)

350.png

That Jenkins get traded?

No one is saying players don't get traded to free up cap space. That was never in doubt, but thanks for the example.

Gold Coast is taking an old, out of form Jenkins some picks and in return we get a Rankine or Luko...

giphy.gif

highly plausible scenario...
You really struggle with this don't you. Port are paying almost all of Lobbe's contract. The example shows that clubs move on players to free up list spots, which you refuse to acknowledge. Port didn't really free up any cap space by trading him. Did they benefit, yes. And I never suggested that we would trade Jenkins to Gold Coast, but if the deal was put to them whereby we offered Carlton's first pick for this year and Jenkins with the bulk of his salary paid for one of Luko or Rankine, they would likely seriously consider it. Especially if one of them had shown strong interest in getting home.

You really struggle with this don't you. Port are paying almost all of Lobbe's contract. The example shows that clubs move on players to free up list spots, which you refuse to acknowledge. Port didn't really free up any cap space by trading him. Did they benefit, yes. And I never suggested that we would trade Jenkins to Gold Coast, but if the deal was put to them whereby we offered Carlton's first pick for this year and Jenkins with the bulk of his salary paid for one of Luko or Rankine, they would likely seriously consider it. Especially if one of them had shown strong interest in getting home.

Refuse to acknowledge? I wrote it in plain English above, I literally couldn't explain it any simpler. I fully understand the concept including your Lobbe example.

It's fun to theorise but the reality is different which becomes abundantly clear when you try to provide an example. Do GC want an old out of form Jenkins, * no. Do Luko or Rankine want to come home now? No.

Once again, I reiterate, who is going to take him. If not GC, then who?

Stop pretending he is trade-able because he isn't.

You don't understand it at all. Your posts have shown that you have very little understanding of the trade period and how clubs manage lists.

I'm living in reality, you're living in a hypothetical dream world where we are getting picks or freeing up cap space for Jenkins.

Refuse to acknowledge? I wrote it in plain English above, I literally couldn't explain it any simpler. I fully understand the concept including your Lobbe example.

It's fun to theorise but the reality is different which becomes abundantly clear when you try to provide an example. Do GC want an old out of form Jenkins, **** no. Do Luko or Rankine want to come home now? No.

Once again, I reiterate, who is going to take him. If not GC, then who?

Stop pretending he is trade-able because he isn't.
You don't understand the concept. You thought the Lobbe trade freed up cap space, which it didn't. And if Jenkins was available for very little, with a large portion of his salary paid, most clubs would show interest. He's only just turned 30. He would provide great depth at minimal cost.

I'm living in reality, you're living in a hypothetical dream world where we are getting picks or freeing up cap space for Jenkins.
No I never said either of those things. You did. My perspective was purely from a trade period and list management perspective. Remove Jenkins from the equation, and what I've said is relevant for any senior player at any club.

You don't understand the concept. You thought the Lobbe trade freed up cap space, which it didn't. And if Jenkins was available for very little, with a large portion of his salary paid, most clubs would show interest. He's only just turned 30. He would provide great depth at minimal cost.

Jesus, fk mi pls

You're saying we can give away Jenkins for literally free? No cap space or picks... no s**t!!!

As I said clearly before I would like something in return. I'm fully aware we can give him away!!!

You know why because we lack a single player that can take a contested mark.

Our players have now no choice but to only kick to a player loose or has an advantage over their opponent.

In 2017 we could always bomb it long because we had several players go up for marks like Tex, JJ and Gov and our crumbers were deadly like Betts and Cameron.

Move on to 2019, Tex and JJ are both cooked and no longer can bring the ball to the ground and our crumbers are non existent.
We would be better off scrubbing chaos balls into our forward line & stacking it with smalls who fight for the ball...

Jesus, fk mi pls

You're saying we can give away Jenkins for literally free? No cap space or picks... no s**t!!!

As I said clearly before I would like something in return. I'm fully aware we can give him away!!!
So you don't rate Jenkins, don't want him at the club, yet don't want to do anything about it because you can't get what you want in return, "a good draft pick", which would be massive overs ?? Doesn't that sound like the conservatism that has plagued this club for too long ?? Your answer was to just let Jenkins rot in the 2's. And you just want to delist a potentially developing player from the SANFL side because you haven't seen them ??

So you don't rate Jenkins, don't want him at the club, yet don't want to do anything about it because you can't get what you want in return, "a good draft pick", which would be massive overs ?? Doesn't that sound like the conservatism that has plagued this club for too long ?? Your answer was to just let Jenkins rot in the 2's. And you just want to delist a potentially developing player from the SANFL side because you haven't seen them ??

If we won't get anything for Jenkins there is no point of getting rid of him.

Maybe a spell in the magoos will motivate him to hit the lofty peaks of minimum competence he has sporadically touched on in the past.

Or

Maybe it won't... but I sure as s**t ain't giving him away for FREE.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back