Autopsy Round 4, 2019: St.Kilda v Hawthorn *BLUE RIBBON CUP*

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations fellas. Excellent win and I couldn't be more impressed with your start to the season. Even the Gold Coast win stacks up now.

I think you'll trouble us with your pace at the wide expanses of the G. Melbourne under Goodwin have trouble beating fast sides at the MCG, as Essendon (rd 3) and you showed last year. If you minimise your turnovers and mistakes, you should out class us.

On a side note, does anyone know the bloke who dresses up in his Saints tuxedo and top hat, is seen on camera most weeks and always has a couple of beers in his hands. Unfortunately he got into a confrontation after the game and was evicted from the ground. He was extremly intoxicated (at 6pm) and could barely stand.
Is he the one in the cheersquad? I think I met him last year at the Melbourne game in the AFL reserve.

From 45

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Anyone know the Quarter/Time when Acres burst through the center surrounded by hawks, brushed off a tackle and kicked inside 50. Jaw hit the floor!!!

Was at the game and want to see the footage, will watch the game again during the week so no biggie if no one knows.
3rd quarter. Fairly certain it was half way thru

cooperrules

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2012
East Bentleigh
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Lakers, Leeds united
Long & Parker's numbers don't show their true influence. They add a new dimension and instill panic for the oppo and give us confidence that we're the ones hunting. I wasn't at the game, but I imagine Long's efforts would have been more visible live. Even both of their abilities to make up ground and whack into a player just as they kick it, leaves a few bruised ribs and twisted legs - real good dirty stuff, I love it.

Billings played like a man. Him and Gresh are capable midfielders and we're sitting 3-1. I'll take it.

Is Membrey injured?
hes a third tall getting exposed

I get a nice little collect from bets on the Saints in this match - Over $2000 - woohoo
So what I did was have multiple all up bets - all $2 each

I had GWS to win @ $2.90
I picked Port to win by 1 to 24 pts @ $3.30 (Lost)
I had either team <15.5 pts @ $2.50 North v Adelaide and I also picked NM to win by 1 to 24 pts @ $3.40
I picked WCE to win by 1 to 39 pts @ $2.20
I had either team <15.5 pts @ $2.50 GC v Carlton and I also picked GC to win by 1 to 39 pts @ $2.10
Then I had either team <15.5 pts @ $2.70 St K v Haw and I also picked Saints to win by 1 to 39 pts @ $3.30

So when I made two different selections for a match, these couldn't be multiplied but I combined all these bets

all my 6 leg bets lost because Rich beat Port but I had a good many combinations of 5, 4, and 3 leg bets that won

left me feeling very smug

geelong sajnt

All Australian
Jan 7, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Billings was also working hard to get back and help the backline. Plenty of times we looked in trouble and one of Billings or Newnes would pop up to give us the extra number. The work rate from these two guys this year has been exceptional.

Great to hear Billings starting to get a bit of recognition too. Lyon and Watson on SEN both suggesting he is closing the gap between himself and Josh Kelly.

Newnes is and will always he underrated I think. Great to see him get back into form because we all knew he could play.

Loving the recognition both billings and newness is getting. For mine it's their physicality at the ball and man that is adding to their running game. Both look like senior AFL footballers, bit of guts and hard nose about them now.

Lenny2020

Cancelled
Feb 6, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
A ripping end to an entertaining game of footy.

My heart almost gave out at the end there but it was worth it. It’s always good to beat Hawthorn, and to do it by overcoming a decent deficit made it that much more impressive.

Acres, Marshall, Ross, Billings and Lonie were excellent. Our defenders were all in fine form too.

Well done to the coaches too. We’ve become a different team in one pre-season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Coaches votes went something like this:

Coach 1:
5. Ross
4. Billings / Marshall
3. Lonie
2. Sicily / Scully
1. Henderson / Sicily

Coach 2:
5. Ross
4. Marshall / Billings
3. Lonie
2. Scully / Sicily
1. Sicily / Henderson

Both agreed that Ross, Lonie & Sicily were in the best 5. Interesting that only one (of each coach) had Marshall & Billings in the top 5. One coach had Henderson & Scully, who were lucky to make top 5 IMO.

I would’ve had it:
5. Billings
4. Ross
3. GOAT
2. Lonie
1. Newnes

Acres seemed to change the game. I thought he was the spark in the third quarter that seemed to be in a lot of crucial contests & scoring chains.

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
Just out of interest who do you think should play midfield and for how long. Not including the wing and lets just say Steven is playing.
Steven, Ross, Steele, Acres, Gresham, Sinclair, Clark, Billings, Parker, Long - 4 midfielders = 4 eft's

65%, 65%, 65%, 50%, 50%, 30%, 25%, 20%, 20%, 10% = 4 eft's.

I'm assuming ToG of around 80% per player so you can work the actual minutes out from there.

Your mix?

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Steven, Ross, Steele, Acres, Gresham, Sinclair, Clark, Billings, Parker, Long - 4 midfielders = 4 eft's

65%, 65%, 65%, 50%, 50%, 30%, 25%, 20%, 20%, 10% = 4 eft's.

I'm assuming ToG of around 80% per player so you can work the actual minutes out from there.

Your mix?
Steven when fit 60. Ross 70. Steele 70. Gresh 40. Acres 30. The rest 30. Mine is actual time. Steven forward 20. Ross and Steele somewhere for 10. Gresh forward 40. Acres forward 50

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Anyone know the Quarter/Time when Acres burst through the center surrounded by hawks, brushed off a tackle and kicked inside 50. Jaw hit the floor!!!

Was at the game and want to see the footage, will watch the game again during the week so no biggie if no one knows.
3rd quarter, 7.18 remaining. Wasn't a kick, but a long handball out in front of Gresham.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back