Omac

Remove this Banner Ad

This is Bigfooty 101. Everyone jumping on a guy to kick him when he’s out of form. And then when he comes back into form everyone will be saying he’s the most promising young key defender in the league. It’s just group thinking. He’ll be fine. I have way more faith in him than May.

This is Bigfooty 101. Everyone jumping on a guy to kick him when he’s out of form. And then when he comes back into form everyone will be saying he’s the most promising young key defender in the league. It’s just group thinking. He’ll be fine. I have way more faith in him than May.

Horsehit mate. I said he was s**t last year aswell and no one has ever said he's the most promising young key back.

Harris Andrews is the same age and *load better. In a worse team

I honestly can't take you seriously on this, you have to be trolling.

I get that I hate him more than most but what do people see as his ceiling? Even full of confidence I saw him as average at best. To play forward or back now you need to be an elite athlete or an amazing reader of play. I don't see either in him.

Up forward you need to be elite at things but defenders can get by being average in most areas. The key talls only really need to halve the contests and they've done their jobs, so just quick enough, just tall enough, just strong enough, etc is fine. Obviously OMac isn't going to turn into McGovern, but he can't keep wandering around making minimal to nil impact on contests like he has. A few of those efforts on Thursday night were worse than deplorable.

I get that I hate him more than most but what do people see as his ceiling? Even full of confidence I saw him as average at best. To play forward or back now you need to be an elite athlete or an amazing reader of play. I don't see either in him.
How can you actually hate a bloke that plays for our club? He has his limitations but you're making out like he ****ed your grandma in your bed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On his day he can be a really effective lock down defender, but he hasn't had a good day for a while now and needs to be dropped

Even though he looks laconic as can be, his disposal and decision making is normally pretty good and he reads the ball in flight quite well

I'm not ready to right him off but i'm also not going to come out and say he's going to be elite or anything, to be honest, we only really need one of him and Frost to become serviceable-good if May and Lever are up and running

That contest where he let Heeney mark it on the weekend when Wagner had Heeney pushed out of position was just abysmal though

Yeah but he wasn't in the halfway AA team. He was one of 8 key defenders in a 50 man list by a journalist. Flimsy at best.
Is your ability to interpret that bad?

I said "there was an article discussing him as a potential All Australian". I never said he was picked in any team. You're still arguing a point because a journalist wrote something about a player you hate on the team you support, and then change your words when I give you that evidence to try to suit your narrative. If you feel thst negative about a player that's fine, but you're making yourself look like a bellend.

Shattering that Dougal Howard and Harris Andrews were drafted after OMac

Andrews was a Lions academy prospect so we weren't getting him anyway.

Lets play him forward and if he is useless there than he can spend the rest of his career in the VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back