Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
All I can say is I'm happy I didn't renew my membership.

I could let the onfield stuff slide but Doc Feel has reminded me about the attitude to the fans and that has really hardened my resolve to not throw my support behind such an administration, as much as I love the club and the idea of 'Port Adelaide'.

Ljc_86

Mar 22, 2014

I could let the onfield stuff slide but Doc Feel has reminded me about the attitude to the fans and that has really hardened my resolve to not throw my support behind such an administration.

Did you get an email asking to meet with KT to discuss why you didn’t renew? My father and I got one just wondering if it was sent out to everyone or just select few

robbo1981

Nov 16, 2011

I could let the onfield stuff slide but Doc Feel has reminded me about the attitude to the fans and that has really hardened my resolve to not throw my support behind such an administration.
Should always support the club regardless dont jump back on during the good times.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
Once again, a club tradition has been totally shat on for no meaningful gain. There isn’t even a single shred of evidence that shows this is working to the club’s benefit. Ken and Koch are ******* frauds.
We are now 0-2 with both co-captains playing and in both losses we gave up a lead in the last quarter. One of Ken's justifications, maybe his only justification, for co-captains was that it would prevent this very outcome. Two games is a small sample size but in terms of the benefits proclaimed to the members both games have been epic fails.

So other than Ken being able to give a big FU to the members of the PAFC what has been gained by this decision?

KenOath

Apr 10, 2014
I reckon Boak has carried himself bloody well. Should still be in the #1.

Sadly, if Boak had have been playing midfield the last three years and not that useless high half forward BS, I've no doubt his leadership would never have been brought into question and he would be still be in the No.1. The bloke is just a pure midfielder and was clearly suffering from an unnatural role rather than the burden of leadership.

We are now 0-2 with both co-captains playing and in both losses we gave up a lead in the last quarter. One of Ken's justifications, maybe his only justification, for co-captains was that it would prevent this very outcome. Two games is a small sample size but in terms of the benefits proclaimed to the members both games have been epic fails.

So other than Ken being able to give a big FU to the members of the PAFC what has been gained by this decision?

Single captain or co-captains, there's no difference in how we lose. What is different is a much loved club tradition has been shelved for zero gain.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
Did you get an email asking to meet with KT to discuss why you didn’t renew? My father and I got one just wondering if it was sent out to everyone or just select few

No, a few phone calls though that I missed at the time and never rang back.

KT could've seen me when Port were in BHill a few seasons back, oh no wait no he couldn't because local members didn't have priority tickets to the dinner so the local football hosting them so they sold them all to themselves and their sponsors before letting the rest of us in.

Amateur hours Port. Nothing like stiffing local fans so prospective WAGS and old businesspeople who don't even follow Ports can have a look in.

Magus

10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
Dallas Mavericks
I’m beginning to wonder if it was Boak’s decision to give up the captaincy this year or was it part of the deal to keep Wines. The co-captaincy thing suggests it was and that it wasn’t well-received by his teammates.

If the captaincy AND keeping Ken we’re both conditions without which Wines would have walked, it is up there as one of the worst decisions the club has made recently. There have been quite a few of them.

I think it's worth remembering that Boak was heavily criticised on here and many wanted him to drop the captaincy or just not be in the side at all.

He's playing great football this year so it's very convenient now to look back and say he should have kept it.

In fact I vaguely remember the word at the time that was Trav was hurt by being told to step down and that was met with "do the club thing Travis!"

JUSTWORK

Aug 25, 2013
I think it's worth remembering that Boak was heavily criticised on here and many wanted him to drop the captaincy or just not be in the side at all.

He's playing great football this year so it's very convenient now to look back and say he should have kept it.

In fact I vaguely remember the word at the time that was Trav was hurt by being told to step down and that was met with "do the club thing Travis!"

Amazing what happens when you play him in the right position isn't it.... Had he not been taken out of that role those comments/questions never get raised.

Magus

10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
Dallas Mavericks
Amazing what happens when you play him in the right position isn't it.... Had he not been taken out of that role those comments/questions never get raised.

Not entirely true. Look back and you'll see people say he was too slow for the midfield.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
Should always support the club regardless dont jump back on during the good times.

Mate, I jumped on in 2011 when I was still young and living pay to pay, in the darkest of times for the club, when there was only 30 thousand or so others.

I reserve the right to withdraw my membership because I no longer believe in what I'm being sold, I'm sure the other 30 thousand who did exactly that and jumped on in the good times can be leaned on to absorb the blow.

robbo1981

Nov 16, 2011
Mate, I jumped on in 2011 when I was still young and living pay to pay, in the darkest of times for the club, when there was only 30 thousand or so others.

I reserve the right to withdraw my membership because I no longer believe in what I'm being sold, I'm sure the other 30 thousand who did exactly that and jumped on in the good times can be leaned on to absorb the blow.
No worries each to there own i just assumed bye your posting you were a die hard supporter but you've cleared that up for me.
I understand it is quite a big financial cost to be a member season ticket holder and the crazy prices at the ground thats cool if people cant afford it.
But to just jump on and off depending how we are going is another story in my opinion. But as i said each to there own.

robbo1981

Nov 16, 2011

My last post might come off abit harsh i apologize m8 I need to accept we all come to support this club in different ways.
I was brought up with it in my blood was going to the footy from a real young age before afl and probably take it to serious. You absolutely have the right to support how ever you like.

PowerLil

Oct 8, 2012
Western Suburbs

We have gained nothing by this horrendous decision. We've broken a longstanding and proud tradition of one captain wearing the number one. I will never forgive Hinkley or the ones who ratified this appalling call.