Danger hit on de Boer

Remove this Banner Ad

You mean like how Dusty lashed out at Robinson in 2017 twice and got away with it?
Dusty was fined then the same as what Dangerfield got this week. Yet last week Dusty was rubbed out for an elbow to the shoulder which slid high. As I said all fans want is consistency from the MRO so that you don't go week to week playing MRO lotto trying to guess what players will get from similar incidents.

Belt a bloke off the ball and it causes no injury then give them a fine, if they continue to do it then rub them out. If a bloke belts another bloke off the ball like Gaff and Brayshaw last year then rub them out. But to give one bloke a week for what the player themselves said was minimal contact that caused no injury, initially it 2 weeks primarily because of the potential to cause injury and it didn't look good and then give another bloke a $2000 fine despite him having 2 cracks at an opponent behind play, albeit again minimal contact, you can understand why fans are frustrated.

Either De Boer was hit hard enough to keel over in pain or he was milking the s#it out of it. I suspect it's the latter but only he knows.
When I first saw it I thought it was either a week for Dangerfield for the sheer idiocy of hitting someone in the guts well off the ball or a week to De Boer for staging. Then I thought
Screenshot_20190415-181106_Chrome.jpg

Robertson was suspended out of that game. He crossed the line.

So did Martin, to be fair. If we're going with 'consistency', both miss, and Dusty becomes ineligible. I'm happy he didn't because he deserved the Brownlow. But just like he wasn't suspended that week (or Tom Mitchell wasn't suspended for elbowing Todd Goldstein in the head), there is no consistency. Same with Cotchin being cleared for sliding into Shiel's head and not taking 'duty of care', and then playing in the GF. Danger brings down a big oaf and can't support his weight, and now he's ineligible for the Brownlow. Again, I wanted Cotch to play in the GF, as I like him and he didn't deserve to miss after such a good year, but by the letter of the law, he should not have played.

People in here acting as if 'Danger is the golden boy and the AFL has a bias towards tattooed players who are a bit rough around the edges', have very short memories.

Concuss people as much as you want if you play for Richmond. You'll still play in Grand Finals. You won't win Brownlows if you play for Geelong though

You can't just pick and choose when to sook, because it suits your bias
Shiel continued to play after the bump with Cotchin and was only ruled out after a second collision with Astbury about 10 minutes later, a fact often overlooked by a lot of people.

Shiel continued to play after the bump with Cotchin and was only ruled out after a second collision with Astbury about 10 minutes later, a fact often overlooked by a lot of people.

Oh trust me, I know that's the case, but that's not how it was presented. I actually made that argument for him, around that time. Unfortunately, he still chose to bump and should have been cited in some manner for it, given his 'lack of care' for his opponent.

I was all for you guys in 2017, but the consistent bias towards your own players and the lack of recognition towards great players like Danger, on the basis of dislike towards him, is just baffling to me. Whatever your feelings about him as a person, shouldn't cloud your feelings about him as a player. I think Sicily is an absolute tool, but the kid can play. Even as much as Hawthorn and Geelong have this crazy rivalry, we still acknowledge cases on their merits, instead of approaching them with bias because we don't like the club. There a few outliers, but most Hawks on this thread have said it should be a fine. The only people acting like fools, are Tigers supporters. Given the aforementioned posts regarding leniency surrounding Cotchin and Martin in '17, they're not that hard done by either.

This was a nothing event, and everyone should move on. Intent should not be taken into account, which is what I vehemently stand by. If you hit someone in the jaw, you get weeks. If you swing and miss, you get nothing, because it's your luck and no offence was committed. Danger missed his head and glanced his hair, got a fine. Dusty went for his shoulder and clipped his head, got a week. Case closed.

First one was never going to be suspendable force. Always a fine.
The second swing either didn’t connect or was going to be judged force below reportable.

So why oh why (apart from BF hysteria) are people moaning. Right call
Because of the consistently inconsistent MRO findings.

Hawkins gets rubbed out for a jumper punch everyone else got fined.
Dangerfield knocks out Kruezer in a tackle gets a week, Setterfield does something similar gets 2 weeks.
Martin clips Robertson twice in 2017 gets fined, Dangerfield does similar to De Boer fined, Dusty clips Kennedy with an elbow to the shoulder which slid high and got 2 weeks because the MRO didn't like the look of it and the potential to cause injury, even though there was not injury and Kennedy contributed to the contact by running into Martins path, much the same way De Boer contributed to contact be scragging Dangerfield 100m off the ball.

Just bring in easy to follow penalties so that fans know what is going on.

Belt a bloke and he misses the next game you miss, belt a bloke and nothing happens in terms of injuries give them a fine. Continue to do it and 3rd time is a week. Injure a player in a legal tackle, well bad luck it's part of the game. Sling a bloke into the ground while pinning their arms then cop a suspension.

At the moment, it's MRO Lotto and nobody really knows what a player is going to get from one week to the next. So far this year nobody has been rubbed out for body punches but you can bet your bottom dollar that if it keeps happening and there is enough of an outcry about it, some poor bloke is going to get rubbed out for a week, much like Hawkins did, and then watch the saltiness flow.

Oh trust me, I know that's the case, but that's not how it was presented. I actually made that argument for him, around that time. Unfortunately, he still chose to bump and should have been cited in some manner for it, given his 'lack of care' for his opponent.

I was all for you guys in 2017, but the consistent bias towards your own players and the lack of recognition towards great players like Danger, on the basis of dislike towards him, is just baffling to me. Whatever your feelings about him as a person, shouldn't cloud your feelings about him as a player. I think Sicily is an absolute tool, but the kid can play. Even as much as Hawthorn and Geelong have this crazy rivalry, we still acknowledge cases on their merits, instead of approaching them with bias because we don't like the club. There a few outliers, but most Hawks on this thread have said it should be a fine. The only people acting like fools, are Tigers supporters. Given the aforementioned posts regarding leniency surrounding Cotchin and Martin in '17, they're not that hard done by either.

This was a nothing event, and everyone should move on. Intent should not be taken into account, which is what I vehemently stand by. If you hit someone in the jaw, you get weeks. If you swing and miss, you get nothing, because it's your luck and no offence was committed. Danger missed his head and glanced his hair, got a fine. Dusty went for his shoulder and clipped his head, got a week. Case closed.
How can he be cited for something that didn't cause an injury. As you said yourself, if you miss then good luck to them. It's like the Hogan case last week, $2000 fine for a hip and shoulder in a man on man battle that happened to cause a head clash, which the AFL has said in the past isn't worthy of a penalty as contact is made to the body first.

As I've said elsewhere for me this isn't about Martin & Dangerfield. For me it is about the consistently inconsistent findings of the MRO.

How can he be cited for something that didn't cause an injury. As you said yourself, if you miss then good luck to them. It's like the Hogan case last week, $2000 fine for a hip and shoulder in a man on man battle that happened to cause a head clash, which the AFL has said in the past isn't worthy of a penalty as contact is made to the body first.

As I've said elsewhere for me this isn't about Martin & Dangerfield. For me it is about the consistently inconsistent findings of the MRO.

No, I'm saying it's a fine, as it was careless, high impact but in the contest. Only difference was, Cotch had 2 fines already, so that fine would have been a week off and subsequent disqualification from the Grand Final.

IMO, Danger should have been fined for careless and low impact for his swing to the head/hair as well. Which is where they got it wrong. Should have been 1000+2000, so $3000 in cumulative fines, and everyone moves on

Kudos though for your reasoned and unbiased approach. It's refreshing, as opposed to some Tigers supporters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NervousUnfinishedHogget-max-1mb.gif

So did Martin, to be fair. If we're going with 'consistency', both miss, and Dusty becomes ineligible. I'm happy he didn't because he deserved the Brownlow. But just like he wasn't suspended that week (or Tom Mitchell wasn't suspended for elbowing Todd Goldstein in the head), there is no consistency. Same with Cotchin being cleared for sliding into Shiel's head and not taking 'duty of care', and then playing in the GF. Danger brings down a big oaf and can't support his weight, and now he's ineligible for the Brownlow. Again, I wanted Cotch to play in the GF, as I like him and he didn't deserve to miss after such a good year, but by the letter of the law, he should not have played.

People in here acting as if 'Danger is the golden boy and the AFL has a bias towards tattooed players who are a bit rough around the edges', have very short memories.

The footage of Martin wasn't conclusive. He raised a hand to Robertson's face and he sort of collapsed. But Robertson was out of control in that game.

Martin has for the most part been a model citizen on the field and the AFL have slapped him left, right and centre ever since he was disqualified from the Rising Star after receiving a reprimand for a high bump.

No dispute re Cotchin, he shouldn't have played according to the rules we now play by. Ellis too.

The inconsistency has reached farcical levels, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over Dangerfield being allowed to play against Hawthorn.

The footage of Martin wasn't conclusive. He raised a hand to Robertson's face and he sort of collapsed. But Robertson was out of control in that game.

Martin has for the most part been a model citizen on the field and the AFL have slapped him left, right and centre ever since he was disqualified from the Rising Star after receiving a reprimand for a high bump.

No dispute re Cotchin, he shouldn't have played according to the rules we now play by. Ellis too.

The inconsistency has reached farcical levels, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over Dangerfield being allowed to play against Hawthorn.

No arguments with any of the above. Kudos to you and _RT_ for restoring my faith in Tigers supporters (outside of the neutral Fantasy forum)

Yep, shocking hey.
Maybe you could go sooking to the afl about this dreadful discrimination too?

It’s another case of favourites and inconsistent suspensions from the MRP.

Concuss people as much as you want if you play for Richmond. You'll still play in Grand Finals. You won't win Brownlows if you play for Geelong though

You can't just pick and choose when to sook, because it suits your bias

What’s funny is you think you know what your on about, yet you don’t. What stuffed Shiel was a second hit by Astbury about 10 minutes after the Cotchin hit. A massive bump. But you clearly didn’t watch the game. I was there and have watched it as well. So, at least get it right when you’re having a crack.

And again, dear bias melty melt, the frustrating thing about this is the inconsistency in the MRP. The only thing Dusty did wrong was he should of thrown his elbow back from the front and strike his opponent. He could of even got away with a blind punch. This is now condoned behaviour.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

It’s another case of favourites and inconsistent suspensions from the MRP.

What’s funny is you think you know what your on about, yet you don’t. What stuffed Shiel was a second hit by Astbury about 10 minutes after the Cotchin hit. A massive bump. But you clearly didn’t watch the game. I was there and have watched it as well. So, at least get it right when you’re having a crack.

And again, dear bias melty melt, the frustrating thing about this is the inconsistency in the MRP. The only thing Dusty did wrong was he should of thrown his elbow back from the front and strike his opponent. He could of even got away with a blind punch. This is now condoned behaviour.

...If you actually bothered to read the rest of the thread, you would have seen that I and some of your other more reasoned brethren, already addressed that. We did it in a cordial unbiased manner as well. Maybe you should give it a try.

...If you actually bothered to read the rest of the thread, you would have seen that I and some of your other more reasoned brethren, already addressed that. We did it in a cordial unbiased manner as well. Maybe you should give it a try.

I have said that the frustration lies in the inconsistency of the MRP. That is why Danger should have got a week. That’s the point. I have read the thread. And as for the cordial part, maybe it goes both ways hey?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back