To boo or to not boo: Scott Lycett

Remove this Banner Ad

upthecoastaz

Rookie
Oct 10, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Genuinely curious of the reaction you think good ol slyce will get this Friday? If you’re at the stadium will you be booing him? I’ll be attending and personally, I’m not going to boo him (however I do hope he plays a terrible game) I reckon the circumstances on which he left are completely fine and understandable and I harbour no ill will towards the bloke. Loved his character whilst he was at the club and I’m grateful for his efforts towards us winning the flag. As soft as it sounds, I’ll genuinely feel bad for the bloke if he receives excessive (outside the Optus norm) booing-would probably sting coming from the same supporters that were cheering you not even a year ago. Maybe I’m just way too soft haha. Either way, I’d love to know what you lot think

Better not. Slyce is one of us. Premiership player. I hope he fails miserably against Hickey and Vardy, mind.

That’s pretty much my same train of thought. I do still have love for that bloody Larrikin and I hope he gets a positive/neutral reception however I hope Vardy/hickey make him their bitch. Up the coasters!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah. He was a solid player who played his role well for us and helped us to a flag. Got an offer that was too good to pass up back home, we got a first round compensation pick, everyone won. Got a lot of time for Slyce.

Hope you have a s**t one, Scott.

I’ll have to ask the 7 AFL crew how to get a “respectful boo” going. Either that or the nebulous “muted jeers”.

I think if we do that we should be safe from another week of media skulduggery, trying to bring down the greatest fan base on earth.

I’m literally folding a copy of the West right now.

I booed Judd when I was younger and over time have come to regret that and love him again (he's gone in to bat for us multiple times over the years which has helped), so based on that nope, won't boo slyce. Helped us win a premiership AND gave us one of the greatest catchphrases of all time! Can't hate him for taking an offer he couldn't refuse.

Reckon there will be some that will boo him though.

Nope

He wanted to stay, we wanted to keep him, but commercial realities of life came into it.

It’s actually funny you say that. I attended the Woosh medals last year and briefly spoke with Scott and it genuinely did seem like he wanted to stay at west coast. My mate and I were a bit tipsy so it’s hard to recall what was said exactly but he was asked (half jokingly) if he planned on staying and he said something to the effect of “I hope so” kind of making light of the situation but you could hear the sincerity in his voice. Also seen reports that he actually wanted to stay, but who knows. If it’s true, I would feel bad booing the bloke who genuinely loved and wanted to stay at the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back