Preview Round 5, 2019: Melbourne v St.Kilda - MCG, Saturday 20th April, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Demons

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • Saints

Votes: 56 72.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our problem in the last few seasons have been dropping some players who actually play well, White killed it against GWS last season and got dropped.

Its crucial that we build consistency in our selections, we're finally looking like a actual team playing together, we gotta keep playing them together.

Unnecessary changes because you don't like that player is ridiculous.

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
Jun 4, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
the ins and outs this week are gonna be a pickle.

will mckenzie get up?

our two most likely ins, geary and hind, both play in defence, and our most likely outs (on form), Kent and Parker, both play forward...

I'd be pretty pumped to see hind, no matter where we play him

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
I'll be out camping for this game near Exmouth. Just purchased myself a little wireless radio for $5 from Target. Hopefully can get ABC out there and it's on. Melbourne have been terrible so far this year but will be fresh coming off a long break. Another huge test for Marshall but the mids looked so much better against the Hawks. Dunno if my heart can handle another nailbiter.

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
the ins and outs this week are gonna be a pickle.

will mckenzie get up?

our two most likely ins, geary and hind, both play in defence, and our most likely outs (on form), Kent and Parker, both play forward...

I'd be pretty pumped to see hind, no matter where we play him
Don't know how everyone feels about this but when.....
Gangbangs is getting Pumped to see hind it makes me nervous! :oops:

cooperg

All Australian
Oct 3, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
So playing a good 5min match gets u a guaranteed game the next week does it? Hmm....

dude what game were you watching??? Clark was doing well till we had to move HB because of Dmacs injury, Long was crucial to our start, his goals in the first kept us in.

Ins: Geary, Steven
Out: Kent, McKenzie

Issues are rucks. They have two BEASTS.
They can only hurt us if they use the ball well into their f50
however our pressure wont allow them
to. Id back Marshall, Bruce and Acres to have better impact around the ground.

We also cant go bombing it into our f50 as gawn will gobble
up everything.

Like most games will come down to inside use, outside use and pressure.

We can win this.

Could be a strength or weakness. They lose run playing two.

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Our problem in the last few seasons have been dropping some players who actually play well, White killed it against GWS last season and got dropped.

Its crucial that we build consistency in our selections, we're finally looking like a actual team playing together, we gotta keep playing them together.

Unnecessary changes because you don't like that player is ridiculous.
Unwarranted inclusion because you like a player is also ridiculous...

Mikka84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Because Melbourne have been fixtured to play 4 days later on the Wednesday night before ANZAC day. It’s unfortunate for us coming up against them off 10 days but imagine if we got a 4 day break. Still think we’ll win tho!
If anything hopefull they’re slow off the mark.. thinking about the following week..

Sunnyjim

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I reckon we may need Joyce for the extra height to combat Melbourne forward line with pruess/Gawn -goes in for paton
Steven for clark
Geary for McKenzie
Hind for Kent/parker

Sunnyjim

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
This week will be a true test for Marshall when he’s paired against two physically superior but also very athletic ruckman in pruess and Gawn.
Wonder how we will counter this

Everyone wanted Lonie delisted, and thought Long was garbage after their first four games for the Saints.

After ten games we all could see what Long had, a lot longer for Lonie but he is breaking out this year.

I don't mind if Kent is dropped, but its a bit much making him a whipping boy after four games.

Certainly needs to get more involved but needs support, not constant bagging

A bit rich after your rant on Acres last week. He's older and played more games, he's been a disappointment to me and with guys ready to take his spot should be worried. I would probably let him play against the Dees now though.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=16&type=A&pid1=3841&pid2=3936&fid1=S&fid2=S

MUFKilda

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2017
Manchester, England
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United, Hibernian FC
I'll be out camping for this game near Exmouth. Just purchased myself a little wireless radio for $5 from Target. Hopefully can get ABC out there and it's on. Melbourne have been terrible so far this year but will be fresh coming off a long break. Another huge test for Marshall but the mids looked so much better against the Hawks. Dunno if my heart can handle another nailbiter.

Old school. Who needs internet streams when the old wireless radio still gets the job done! :D

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
A bit rich after your rant on Acres last week. He's older and played more games, he's been a disappointment to me and with guys ready to take his spot should be worried. I would probably let him play against the Dees now though.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=16&type=A&pid1=3841&pid2=3936&fid1=S&fid2=S
Obviously the players read big footy.

Thanks to you, Billings is now elite and thanks to Joffa, Blake played a blinder.

I'll take the credit for Lonie...

You keep on bagging Kent so he will kick 5 this week.

Jun 4, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'd understand if we drop Parker, but at the same time the pressure he brings makes the oppo's back 6 nervous and throw it on the boot too quickly, which allows us to defend much much better. Having Long, Lonie and Parker (and I guess kent, but I don't think he's at their level) buzzing around the 50 make a big difference to the result, possessions or not.

with that said if he can go back to sandy and get some goal kicking form that would be nice. I think he's almost playing too defensively at the minute, he's only in the game when it's time to tackle

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC

Nice revisionism. Look I know you are an Acres cultist where he can do no wrong ever, but some constructive criticism and the disciples go apeshit. Its like trying to argue with a Trump cultist.

I have read Kent called pathetic, fat, useless, and that we should give him back to Melbourne.
Please find one post where I said anything as disparaging.
Acres had one good game and you lot think its the second coming.

However unlike the Kent haters and scapegoaters I want Acres to play like Sunday every game, not once in a while.

They just want him out. Pretty piss poor.

I notice there is alot of criticism towards some players on here . Especially calls for Kent and Parker to be dropped for next week . I was at the game against the Hawks . I thought Parker’s pressure efforts were outstanding . I know he didnt get much of the ball but his efforts alone helped turn the ball over by the pressure he put on the Hawks defenders .
I saw both Kent and Lonie sprint down to the backline half a dozen times between them to pick up a loose hawks player . Lonie is in good form but Kent is struggling but i was impressed that he was still willing to do the team things .
Kent might be dropped this week but i hope he gets given another chance .

As for changes this week , a lot depends on Dmac and his concussion . He was playing well until he get concussed . They do seem to be careful with players these days so he might miss the Melbourne game . Geary if fit will be straight in . If Dmac is ok then i guess Paton will miss although i actually gave him a vote for his performance . I hope Paton can stay but i understand if he gets dropped .
As for Steven if hes right to go then i think its between Kent and maybe Clark although that would be harsh on Clark i think . Probably has to be Kent at this stage i guess .

Don’t Panic !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back