6-6-6 rule warning farce

Remove this Banner Ad

I have seen multiple teams in the dying stages break this rule and only be issued with a warning. Since there are absolutely no consequences for getting caught, you may as well roll the dice to try and get away with it, and if you dont, you just get a warning.

Surely this has to be fixed up?
I actually like the warning in the initial stage of the season. Common sense move in my opinion. Then maybe take the warning away after the mid-season byes?

I have seen multiple teams in the dying stages break this rule and only be issued with a warning. Since there are absolutely no consequences for getting caught, you may as well roll the dice to try and get away with it, and if you dont, you just get a warning.

Surely this has to be fixed up?
Do you really want to see a game decided a free kick being awarded under this rule?

The shame of being the 7th person in the 50 is satisfying enough for me. Watching that player running sheepishly out of the 50 is pretty funny and should always be in the highlight reel. How's this for a penalty: The offending player has to do seven 50 metre sprints while everybody else waits. If he does it under 50 seconds he can stay there. Or make him answer a question: What is 7 into 50? If he answers 7.142857143 he can stay there. I'm mocking of course, because that's what the new rule deserves, and because Steve Hocking is a ******* ***** and a ****** **** and a **** ******* ****** ******.

Do you really want to see a game decided a free kick being awarded under this rule?
Is it worse than seeing a game potentially decided by a spare man being missed taking an intercept mark to save the game in a breach of the rules?

I dont love the rule to begin with, but if we are going to have it shouldnt it be enforced? Clubs are literally going to roll the dice every close game because they have seen there is no risk and potentially high reward.

I actually like the warning in the initial stage of the season. Common sense move in my opinion. Then maybe take the warning away after the mid-season byes?
That would make sense if it was an honest mistake. It's not. Players aren't stupid and it's occurring in the final quarter of close games because players are deliberately trying to exploit the rules knowing there are basically no consequences but potential rewards. Common sense is fine but teams are just taking the piss out of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back