FTA-TV Game of Thrones - season 8

Remove this Banner Ad

arya wants gendry to make a specific weapon for her. An arrow.

Bronn has a crossbow.

Hmmmmmm.

He had a better offer. 3 whores, one with pox.

It's not an arrow, it's a double ended spear with 1 x dragon glass end, that breaks down to two weapons.

Hence the training with the staff's with the faceless men etc.

1555332439889.png

"In a recent interview with Vanity Fair’s “Still Watching” podcast, Thrones weapons master Tommy Dunne teased what is very likely this new blade: “There is one creation in Season 8 that is absolutely phenomenal. It’ll be a showstopper. That was great to finish. It was great to make, great to design it that it was about to be reverse-engineered and made into two different items.” :

Jon should fly the fam and friends up to the waterfall mountain retreat and stay up there making incest dragon babies with Daenerys.

At least when Winterfell falls nobody will miss that little campaigner Lyanna Mormont.

Thought it was pretty good for a table-setter (and one of the better premier episodes) but think that debating the merits of even having a table-setter in a six episode season is legitimate.

Sam revealing Jon's parentage was probably the most clunkiest part, just didn't love how Sam was doing it based out of revenge almost? But brings up a valid point on who would be the better ruler.

Umber and the spiral was creepy af. But I really hope that it actually means something because what the Night King wants (other than complete annihilation) is still unclear - though hello the added emphasis on the Crypts of Winterfell in the credits.

Bran is the most memeable character on the show, but man do I actually want to spend some legitimate time with him. Really looking forward to Jamie's 'trial' or whatever.

Jesus, the two year wait really made me forget how miserably ******* pedantic so many of you are - I thought that was great.

From memory of 2 years ago, I tend to come in the night of the show, and avoid the thread for the rest of the week.

I'm sure I've seen that spiral replicated before at some point (north of the Wall in the early seasons maybe?)

While I understand people's criticism of a slower ep in such a short season; I loved the character beats; Tyrion and Sansa, Arya and Gendry, the three wise men up on the parapet. Plus Jaime and Bran at the end. Even Tormund and Edd.

I'm glad we got an ep like this before the s**t hits the collective fan.

I'm sure I've seen that spiral replicated before at some point (north of the Wall in the early seasons maybe?)

The very first scene of the show where the 3 men of the Night's Watch go North of The Wall and find the Wildling camp butchered.

The very first scene of the show where the 3 men of the Night's Watch go North of The Wall and find the Wildling camp butchered.

There was also a time with horses (north of the wall?) and the the creation of the Night King (made of stones).

Who keeps moving Bran to these random locations around Winterfell and how do they know when to come back and get him? Seems like he was sitting out the front for hours.

Also

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly I’m glad she’s being shown as unlikable, she was always unlikable before it’s just every character would go “but really she’s not unlikable she’s really really great I swear”. Now it seems the other characters are catching on atleast I hope.
I don't know about always but definitely for quite a while. Just seemed they've turned it up to 11 as if they want to ensure everyone knows you're not supposed to like her.

I've seen so many mixed reactions to almost every scene in the episode. Some people loving a certain scene others finding it clunky.

Personally I loved it. It felt way better paced than teleporting every where the last couple of seasons. Instead of bouncing from plot point to plot point it felt like they were trying to have some real moments. Some of them worked and some didn't.

I didn't really like the Arya scenes, and I don't think I have since she came back to Westeros. She's a bit of a FIGJAM. I'm not really sure what her end goal is anymore. She seems to have given up on her list.

I liked the Sansa stuff this week. She's usually hit and miss for me. Basically telling Tyrion that he's an idiot felt really satisfying as its something I've been thinking for 2 years. tbh I found the whole plotline where every believed Cersei was going to send her army north really un believable.

The Greyjoy stuff was meh. Euron is fun but he came in too late. Cersei is still a campaigner and Yara got saved just so that they don't have to deal with her anymore.

The big positives for the episode was Sam's 2 scenes. Getting emotional about his familiy dying is definitely something I can imagine Book!Sam doing, despite the horrible things his father did to him. And then the Scene in crypts where he tells Jon was really satisfying. He was making it about Jon being a good ruler because of his personality, not his lineage. (I also think we're supposed to think Dany would be a good ruler based on more than just her lineage as well).

He had a better offer. 3 whores, one with pox.
Everyone loving others, but that Qyburn line about the whore wins line of the episode for me. Did lol. Very, very underrated character.

(I also think we're supposed to think Dany would be a good ruler based on more than just her lineage as well).
Dany is far from being shown as a good leader. Jon is being shown as someone people want to follow who will lead as it's best for his people. Dany as someone power hungry and of the belief they are entitled to rule. Someone that tells you she is your Queen and you can agree or be roasted. The further the show goes the more she's becoming like her dad. Sam sees it, wonder when others will.

Note that Dany was someone people wanted to follow with the unsullied especially. I feel that changed last season or maybe 6.

Dany is far from being shown as a good leader. Jon is being shown as someone people want to follow who will lead as it's best for his people. Dany as someone power hungry and of the belief they are entitled to rule. Someone that tells you she is your Queen and you can agree or be roasted. The further the show goes the more she's becoming like her dad. Sam sees it, wonder when others will.

Note that Dany was someone people wanted to follow with the unsullied especially. I feel that changed last season or maybe 6.

The more power she's gained (and the stronger the opposition to her), the less patient she's become.

Instead of earning respect she's started to demand it. I'd say her eventual intentions are still well placed (unlike her father), but she's become more stubborn in how she reaches that point.

Weiner weiner, weiner weiner, weiner weiner. It's back biatches! Reading though the thread giving out likes like the Lara fire brigade giving out lollies before Christmas.

Loved the Stark family reunion after all this time. All that was missing was 'Geez, our mother was a ******* idiot'.

It got a bit Avatar with the dragon riding sequence.

And dark at the end. Turn the lights on FFS. Catherine wheel boy! That'll do!

The more power she's gained (and the stronger the opposition to her), the less patient she's become.

Instead of earning respect she's started to demand it. I'd say her eventual intentions are still well placed (unlike her father), but she's become more stubborn in how she reaches that point.

So she’s a Millennial? :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back