Recommitted Brayden Sier [re-signed]

Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
Spurs
Making assumptions makes you look stupid.
Watched him plenty, he's not your 4th best player that's ludicrous. Your 4th best player gets picked for round 1.

He definitely isn't in the top 5, maybe even top 10 players at the club, but to be fair to Brayden, he did have a injury set back about a month out from round 1 which put him back in the pecking order. I think if his preseason was uninterrupted he would have played round 1. I also think he will come back in this week, and if he cements his spot and plays the rest of the year, he could well elevate himself into the top 10 best players at the club.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
Winnipeg Jets
He definitely isn't in the top 5, maybe even top 10 players at the club, but to be fair to Brayden, he did have a injury set back about a month out from round 1 which put him back in the pecking order. I think if his preseason was uninterrupted he would have played round 1. I also think he will come back in this week, and if he cements his spot and plays the rest of the year, he could well elevate himself into the top 10 best players at the club.

Mate I think he's a great inside talent. Bit of David Mundy about him. But let's not say he's top 4 at the pies lol you guys have alot of talent.

Be interesting to see what role he plays, not a wing option at all so be interesting to see if he can impact forward. With Beams coming in I can't see him being kicked out of the middle to accommodate Sier

cakewalk06

Aug 22, 2006
Mate I think he's a great inside talent. Bit of David Mundy about him. But let's not say he's top 4 at the pies lol you guys have alot of talent.

Be interesting to see what role he plays, not a wing option at all so be interesting to see if he can impact forward. With Beams coming in I can't see him being kicked out of the middle to accommodate Sier

I think he’s midfield or nowhere at this stage. Far more likely that Beams or Pendles plays half forward. They have more versatility. Ps. Those who keep saying if he was any good he would have been picked for round 1.... he did not play Jlt matches and was not fit to play. Was not overlooked for selection.

There's talent there, no doubt about it. I didn't really see it in his first two years at VFL level, but last year was very good. He's similar to Francis in a way, both supporter groups know about the talent but only a dozen games each nearly 1/4 of the way through their first year makes it hard to assess value. I'd probably offer one of our second round picks for him at this stage.

For context, I think Darcy Parish at this stage is worth pick 15-25, and I don't see Sier being worth close to Parish at this stage of their careers.

Mar 18, 2013
University
There's talent there, no doubt about it. I didn't really see it in his first two years at VFL level, but last year was very good. He's similar to Francis in a way, both supporter groups know about the talent but only a dozen games each nearly 1/4 of the way through their first year makes it hard to assess value. I'd probably offer one of our second round picks for him at this stage.

For context, I think Darcy Parish at this stage is worth pick 15-25, and I don't see Sier being worth close to Parish at this stage of their careers.
Even after only a dozen games, I reckon every coach in the league would prefer Sier to Parish

Now you're just talking out of your arse. Parish has 3 years of proven form behind him, Sier half a year.

Mar 18, 2013
University
Now you're just talking out of your arse. Parish has 3 years of proven form behind him, Sier half a year.
Three years of form which has showed little progression since his debut season. His disposal numbers are up but he has still been what most would consider to be very poor. Brayden Sier's form in as little as a dozen games of footy shows that he has far more improvement left in him than Parish. Not only do I think Sier is better than Parish, I don't think it's close.

Well you're still as delusional as ever. I guarantee 18 out of 18 coaches would take Parish ahead of Sier. It's not a close contest.

Mar 18, 2013
University
Well you're still as delusional as ever. I guarantee 18 out of 18 coaches would take Parish ahead of Sier. It's not a close contest.
I don't reckon anybody on this site overrates his side's players more so than you. It's cringeworthy.

Oh no, there are far worse. I'm currently talking to one. Anybody who thinks that Sier is better than Parish has serious issues. Sier was lucky to be on an AFL list 12 months ago.

As of right now, Sier can't get a game. Yes, Collingwood have excellent midfield depth, but Parish is clear cut better.

Mar 18, 2013
University
Oh no, there are far worse. I'm currently talking to one. Anybody who thinks that Sier is better than Parish has serious issues. Sier was lucky to be on an AFL list 12 months ago.

As of right now, Sier can't get a game. Yes, Collingwood have excellent midfield depth, but Parish is clear cut better.

Parish wouldn’t get a game at Collingwood either, but that’s not based on his professionalism like Sier, it’s based on his below par footballing ability.

Watch the first few minutes alone of this video and you tell me Parish is a better player and prospect.

https://youtu.be/xZcN0KtDjJY

Parish wouldn’t get a game at Collingwood either, but that’s not based on his professionalism like Sier, it’s based on his below par footballing ability.

Watch the first few minutes alone of this video and you tell me Parish is a better player and prospect.

Have a read of this thread. Everyone outside of Collingwood fans agree that Sier's worth is mid to late second round. Have a look at the Parish thread. Everyone bar one Richmond nuffy agrees that Parish is worth a late first to early second. And don't bring out "Oh but everyone hates us" schtick, Essendon are just as hated as Collingwood.

Better player? Absolutely. Better prospect? Sier has more untapped potential, maybe. But that's due to the sheer lack of exposure at AFL level. You're basing your assessment on what Sier could be, I'm basing it on what he is.

Mar 18, 2013
University
Have a read of this thread. Everyone outside of Collingwood fans agree that Sier's worth is mid to late second round. Have a look at the Parish thread. Everyone bar one Richmond nuffy agrees that Parish is worth a late first to early second. And don't bring out "Oh but everyone hates us" schtick, Essendon are just as hated as Collingwood.

Better player? Absolutely. Better prospect? Sier has more untapped potential, maybe. But that's due to the sheer lack of exposure at AFL level. You're basing your assessment on what Sier could be, I'm basing it on what he is.

No you’re basing it simply on the fact that Parish was a top pick and has played 50 games, most of which have been very underwhelming.

Do you need a fresh reminder that Parish also started this season in his side’s reserves? He doesn’t have the excuse of having extensive midfield competition either.

No you’re basing it simply on the fact that Parish was a top pick and has played 50 games, most of which have been very underwhelming.

Do you need a fresh reminder that Parish also started this season in his side’s reserves? He doesn’t have the excuse of having extensive midfield competition either.
Yeah and was close to best on against Melbourne in round 3.