FTA-TV Game of Thrones - season 8

Remove this Banner Ad

I never said he couldn’t I just asked him a question

No need to get defensive over asking him why’s hes watching something that he feels is s**t.

Clearly he will have another meltdown towards the end of the season.
Cos its a sh** load better then watching anything on tv. The things the made it must watch, i.e. the great dialogue and characters and acting have waned a bit since the show creators had to start writing the story themselves rather then simply converting the story from books to show. Its a pity this has occured as the show is reaching its climax as so many great potential character interactions have been done poorly. Im far from alone in having this view. Things arent going well for an episode when the best delivered line is "my eyes have always been blue".

Okay episode. Still couldn't care less about muttonchops man, hope he goes out quickly so he doesn't chew up any more screentime being an underwhelming Ramsay type.

That was the first ep where I've enjoyed his scenes. They need to keep focusing more on developing his arrogance and dangerous side and less on using him for comedic effect.

the great dialogue and characters and acting have waned a bit

Understatement. It’s gone from dating miss universe to a crackhead and people are like at least she doesn’t have aids.

The poster has a point with your meltdown last year and you’re still watching the show and providing criticism

What’s the point of watching it?
Seeds have a melt over something then continue on watching it? That doesn't sound like him...

Solid 6/10 ep, Stern Dragon was one of the worst moments in the entire series. The show hasn't been GOAT-level since season 4 now, with S5 being pretty bad, S6 being saved by the last 2 eps and S7 being all over the shop. I still have faith they'll finish this series off the way it deserves and this can be a real great season but since the source material ran out, the quality of the show has dipped considerably.

When Tormond and Ser Flaming Sword were walking through that dark passage I was just tense as hell thinking something is going to jump out and scare the s**t out of me here

I loved the waiting for an old friend line and then it being Jamie.

I totally missed all the similarities to ep 1

Solid 6/10 ep, Stern Dragon was one of the worst moments in the entire series. The show hasn't been GOAT-level since season 4 now, with S5 being pretty bad, S6 being saved by the last 2 eps and S7 being all over the shop. I still have faith they'll finish this series off the way it deserves and this can be a real great season but since the source material ran out, the quality of the show has dipped considerably.
Agree on the second point. The last two eps of season 6 were pretty damn awesome even if the dialogue was already on the decline and many of us have hang around cos we think the ending can reach or exceed that level again.

Old mate is advising them still isn't he?

The last few seasons have been kind to our favourite characters, that's the one thing that's changed the most in my view. They even come back to life.

Lot of people were scrambling for Foxtel Go logins last night it seems. Shows how dumb their model is.

That was the first ep where I've enjoyed his scenes. They need to keep focusing more on developing his arrogance and dangerous side and less on using him for comedic effect.
Yeah the actor did a good job, it's more that with a limited amount of time left I'd prefer it be devoted fully to giving sendoffs to the fully developed characters rather than building up a new one.

Understatement. It’s gone from dating miss universe to a crackhead and people are like at least she doesn’t have aids.

Tbh I think that's George Martin's fault. I don't think it's a coincidence that what people consider the best of GoT was when they had the material to adapt from.

He's had eight years to release TWOW and ADOS and while I think that David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are really good at adapting material, it was always going to be difficult to keep themselves up with essentially original stuff after starting with such a strong base. They're just lucky they've got as much momentum as they do.

I get this feeling the entire story is being told by Bran and what we see is basically his visions and all this happened a long time ago. Final shot of the show being him lying in a coma somewhere as an old man.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, every interaction feels quite forced with an abnormal buildup.

i didn't take interactions as forced. I took them as a lot of people who hadn't seen each other for a long time not knowing how to react to seeing these people again.

There was an awkwardness to quite a few of the meeting again scenes because of how they may have departed or the fact some thought others were dead and some now were not children but all grown up.

Arya had quite a few of these scenes. Best one was when John assumed Arya still felt how she did about Sansa when they last had seen each other. John looked embarrassed when Arya spoke up in defence of Sansa as he never saw that coming.

I get this feeling the entire story is being told by Bran and what we see is basically his visions and all this happened a long time ago. Final shot of the show being him lying in a coma somewhere as an old man.

My thought we be that it's old Sam writing everything down (played by R.R. Martin)

My thought we be that it's old Sam writing everything down (played by R.R. Martin)
That could make more sense.

In that the Night King eventually wipes out most of civilization and sits atop the Iron Throne.

First defeats the North. Then the Night King continues his march and the "dead" versions of Snow and company march with him. Cersei doesnt send her army North and the final battle being her army in Kings Landing against the dead North Army.

The dead Jaime kills Cersei.

Probably a.bit simplistic though.

Sam is the teller of the story for future generations sake.

Although Bran has more ability to see everything than Sam.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back