Society/Culture Feminism - 2017 Thread - Pt II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
cartwright and associated puritans would have you believe that the default position for non verbal human interaction was predatory.

"Predatory" meaning everything that they did not consider to be acceptable.

In other words, cartwright expects human beings to be telepathic. Anything less than that is an act of callousness. It's fruitcake logic.

I think it's more showing the narcissistic nature of our modern society, that it is how something makes you feel more than the intention (if any) behind it.

If you're told you're going to be victimised, you'll find it. If you are going to be vicimised, it'll find you.

Thankfully we have all the "good guys" out there looking after us. Those good guys are the ones who, in my experience, are perpetrating these things.

I think it's more showing the narcissistic nature of our modern society, that it is how something makes you feel more than the intention (if any) behind it.

1555367774332.png

Certain people have arrived at the point where they believe their day to day bullshit is of earth shattering importance.

In other words, cartwright expects human beings to be telepathic. Anything less than that is an act of callousness. It's fruitcake logic.

But do you need telepathy to see that the guy staring at her made her uncomfortable. Every country has an unspoken acceptable amount of time you can stare someone in the eye before it becomes an aggressive move.

Would you stare at a member of the hells angels like that?

But do you need telepathy to see that the guy staring at her made her uncomfortable. Every country has an unspoken acceptable amount of time you can stare someone in the eye before it becomes an aggressive move.

It's a two way relationship here, and prolonged eye contact is a major behavioral trait that leads to the propagation of our entire species!

Where do we set the parameters with "leering"? This stuff is never thought out in an intelligent manner, rather it is presented as a lazy implied construct.

If someone stares at me for what I view as an odd or uncomfortable amount of time, then I either nod and say hello, or if they are displaying obvious aggressive cues then I respond aggressively in return. If it's not agressive, it usually relates to someone from my past who recognizes me, who I have not initially recognised.

The difference between my outlook, and the outlook expressed in this instance, is that I do not go through life thinking I am only worthy of certain peoples attention, or with a victim complex.

No I wouldn't, unless I had that person in my sights for a very obvious reason. A "stare down" with a Hells Angel would only be seen as a sign of weakness on my behalf anyway. It's lame.

Would you stare at a woman like he did if she reacted in the way she did?

Did you notice her reaction?

I wouldn't stare at a woman like that, because it's an absurd representation of day to day behavior.

By the way, what is your usual username?

I wouldn't stare at a woman like that, because it's an absurd representation of day to day behavior.

By the way, what is your usual username?

So your issue is that this doesn't happen irl rather than believing that it is ok to stare at women like that.

Not sure I agree but atleast you recognize this behaviour is wrong.

So your issue is that this doesn't happen irl rather than believing that it is ok to stare at women like that.

It's an absurd representation that is so rare that it should be ignored. In fact, the commercial is not primarily about leering anyway. It's more feminist driven man shaming, utilised to attract votes.

What is your usual username, and why have you acquired an alt account?

Thankfully we have all the "good guys" out there looking after us. Those good guys are the ones who, in my experience, are perpetrating these things.
I don't understand. Are you saying that the "Good Guys" (virtue signallers, male feminists) are the ones who have low-key behaved inappropriately in your experience?

It's an absurd representation that is so rare that it should be ignored. In fact, the commercial is not primarily about leering anyway. It's more feminist driven man shaming, utilised to attract votes.
Im not going to engage with the biological imperitive stuff or the man hating argument.

Your experience isn't representative of the issue, in the same way I can't speak to copping this stuff. The stats of increased occurrence of sexual assault on public transport were presented. The anecdotal evidence of what some women experience on public transport is out there. My grandmother was sexually assaulted getting off a train in a nice leafy suburb, after a bloke eyed her off for a few stops. Would someone on the train who knew of this issue been able to intervene? Maybe or maybe not. There is a difference between looking and leering to the point of making someone uncomfortable. An example was posted in this thread. If it causes a few people to consider what they're doing, it's a win.

The ad asks nothing of you.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reports of assault have increased 70%

Were you really stupidly thinking there was no reason for this ad? Hahaha

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019...espect-women-call-it-out/10989950?pfmredir=sm

The campaigns aim was to show the difference between eye contact and leering.

From the look at the responses here, some do need to be taught this distinction.

so eye contact is now sexual assault based on absolute no evidence...got it

when will men breathing be classed as sexual assault as well ?

all it proves is we live in a blatantly misandrist culture

My wife and daughters have all experienced being stared at in that way. It's not common but it happens. The worst case of it was an Indian guy that would stare at my eldest every day on the bus when she was 16. She told me about it and i went to wait at the bus stop and observe the guy. He was definitely creepy and fixated on her. I confronted him and he acted like he didn't know what I was talking about but then was never seen on that bus again.

so eye contact is now sexual assault based on absolute no evidence...got it

when will men breathing be classed as sexual assault as well ?

all it proves is we live in a blatantly misandrist culture

Lol settle down mate.

We shouldn't stare at women like that dude was. You're proving that thete is something in male entitlement by your OTT reaction.

Lol settle down mate.

We shouldn't stare at women like that dude was. You're proving that thete is something in male entitlement by your OTT reaction.

yes we have already established there is no evidence to suggest this is a rampant problem or that we required an ad to fix it..just a lot of feminist hysteria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back