Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Hank Heavenly

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Apr 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
East Fremantle
I am not sure who it was but someone posted very very early (maybe even before he was picked up) that Sydney would be the best of all our recruits when everyone else was drooling at the prospect of having RCD in the team.

Well done to that person.
Peter Sumich said he was the best prospect out of WA last year...
He's not prone to exaggeration

Peter Sumich said he was the best prospect out of WA last year...
He's not prone to exaggeration

Hopefully by seasons end people will be scratching their heads wondering how Sydney and Jack Ross weren't in the first round of draftees.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Really liking our draft haul from both 2017 & 2018

Higgins - Already a best 22
Balta - This kid could be anything and will be best 22 in 2020
CCJ - Developing him beautifully and already showing very good signs of becoming a quality Ruck/Fwd in 2 years time
Naish - Needed to build up and learn but his last 2 games at lower level are very good
Liam Baker - Kid can play and is now already pressing for a spot

Ben Miller - Ben is the only player that looking like could be a bust with very little signs of development to date but was injured so lets keep fingers crossed

RCD - Have no doubt this kid will be a player and was rated highly but will need to develop his tank and build , 2 years
Ross - What we have seen so far looks great and hopefully will eventually be a 25+ poss 6/7 tackle a game player but looked really good
Stack - We actually stole a gem here , Kid looked ready from his first touch and looking like a 250 gamer with skill and class as well as toughness
Turner - Love this kids assets and his size , Will get to 188/190cm and can run all day whilst just turning 18 4 months ago in 2 years Turner & Naish will be starting players

Luke English - This is the kid that i have my doubts on of all the recruits but is a great worker with very good work ethic and a massive tank that can find the ball. Lets hope he can find it as much at AFL level and will be the surprise of all for me.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I am not sure who it was but someone posted very very early (maybe even before he was picked up) that Sydney would be the best of all our recruits when everyone else was drooling at the prospect of having RCD in the team.

Watch every campaigner on this board put their hand up.
1555380639685.png

Ancient Tiger

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 18, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond

CCJ - Developing him beautifully and already showing very good signs of becoming a quality Ruck/Fwd in 2 years time
Naish - Needed to build up and learn but his last 2 games at lower level are very good

Ben Miller - Ben is the only player that looking like could be a bust with very little signs of development to date but was injured so lets keep fingers crossed

RCD - Have no doubt this kid will be a player and was rated highly but will need to develop his tank and build , 2 years
Ross - What we have seen so far looks great and hopefully will eventually be a 25+ poss 6/7 tackle a game player but looked really good
Stack - We actually stole a gem here , Kid looked ready from his first touch and looking like a 250 gamer with skill and class as well as toughness
Turner - Love this kids assets and his size , Will get to 188/190cm and can run all day whilst just turning 18 4 months ago in 2 years Turner & Naish will be starting players

Luke English - This is the kid that i have my doubts on of all the recruits but is a great worker with very good work ethic and a massive tank that can find the ball. Lets hope he can find it as much at AFL level and will be the surprise of all for me.
I really think you should also consider Derek Eggmolesse-Smith in that list. I really thought he wasn't going anywhere but he has really really surprised me this year. He is in line for senior selection if he continues playing the way he is. Sharp, quick, great hands and an accurate kick.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
I really think you should also consider Derek Eggmolesse-Smith in that list. I really thought he wasn't going anywhere but he has really really surprised me this year. He is in line for senior selection if he continues playing the way he is. Sharp, quick, great hands and an accurate kick.

Have not seen any of his games just snippets on the RFC site and vfl games on tv, But will be open to opinions of people who have seen more

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!

evil-grin-lol-smile-happy.gif

Meli

#gotiges
Aug 1, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Don't know if it's been mentioned but I loved SS second game. In the 3rd when he spoiled the ball as port were coming out of defence, as soon as he realised Baker had it covered Syd ran off and provided the sheperd ( resulted in a goal). Not necessarily a stat but in my mind shows a very important team first trait....Another big tick for the Stackman...👏
Selfless football!

You're completely wrong!!!

Sydney's first kick was out of ground on the full. He started "looking like a 250 gamer with skill and class as well as toughness" from his second touch.

:devil:

I was having a piss at the time , must of missed it

It was right in front of me - absolute howler of a kick. I thought "oh no, here we go again".

Then he was just really good for the rest of the game. What an amazing pick up for half a soggy chip[ the seagulls wouldn't even take. :thumbsu:

There's a pattern of him kicking it out on the full and then playing really well thereafter. May have to arrange it so he kicks it out on the full early on in the forward line every game.

How about he does that in the warm up.

Then plays well in the game.

Oct 3, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Watched the replay again and boy so impressed with his clean hands, just a one touch player, reminds me very much of Edwards with his silky touches and clean disposal. Also the way he accelerates into the contest to hit the body, he is going to hurt players this guy and I love that.

A mix of Byron Pickett and Shane Edwards, YES PLEASE!!!!!

Back