Preview Round 5 2019: Richmond v Sydney, Marvel Stadium | Saturday 20/4 7.25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cotch is listed as one to two weeks. Would be awesome if he could get back in for the Melbourne game.
Coming back for the Mel game gives him (and anyone else like Jack or Houli) a 10 day break into the following fixture against the dogs.

Coming back for the Mel game gives him (and anyone else like Jack or Houli) a 10 day break into the following fixture against the dogs.
I think stagger them back in, rather than bringing three potentially under cooked players in all in the same week.....gives the younger ones a chance to play and develop more and maybe they will infect some of our more seasoned players with a bit of passion and enthusiasm that I think may have been lacking in the first three weeks.

Dusty this week, Jack for Melb game, the following week Houli & Cotch....but I'm not an expert so I'm probably way off!!! :tearsofjoy:

Where have you seen this? The AFL website was updated today with 2-3 weeks, and the RFC website has it listed as "medium term".

View attachment 655792

That is an impressive list of outs. Hopefully the kids will stand up and make it very hard for those coming back in.

In Martin, Houli.
Out: Baker, Menadue.

Keep the other kids in and give them time to improve the ball movement and structures for when the others come back.
Then we can go into game control mode with a higher class of player mixed with the energy of the better youngins around them. (because supposedly teams can’t go 100% all season long)

But for now we go 100% pressure to keep winning without Cotch, Jack etc.

Buddy is a worry without Rance to stop him. Astbury too slow, Grimes too slight. Balta too inexperienced. Not sure what to do...

In a funny sort of way all these injuries are actually a good thing for the team. Let's face it it's been pretty easy since the grand final and we haven't had our backs against the wall for ages. Now they're starting to play with that hunger and desperation of 2017 again.
I'm genuinely interested to see who continues to stand up and who makes way as the big guns start to come back.
Also let's hope that Dusty comes out breathing fire this week.

In a funny sort of way all these injuries are actually a good thing for the team. Let's face it it's been pretty easy since the grand final and we haven't had our backs against the wall for ages. Now they're starting to play with that hunger and desperation of 2017 again.
I'm genuinely interested to see who continues to stand up and who makes way as the big guns start to come back.
Also let's hope that Dusty comes out breathing fire this week.

Absolutely forces the concentration of minds on what matters. Nothing clever, just go hard and play for one another. That's what we've been missing. And I reckon the kids coming in is great to force competition for spots. Could be interesting in a few weeks as guys come back and can't force their way in. If I was the coaches I would be willing to back in the kids a bit more.

Dees play Saints...MCG...
Tigers play Swans...Sheeteehad...
Both teams off a 4 day break...
Interesting...
The only good thing is we're coming off 2 smaller grounds so will be better suited to the dimensions.

Get us back to the G next week and we'll love the open spaces, and softer track even more

Hold Houli + Riewoldt out for the anzac eve game

In:Martin ..... Out:Menadue

B: Grimes, Astbury, Vlastuin
HB: Edwards, Broad, Stack
C: McIntosh, Prestia, Lambert
HF: Bolton, Lynch, Higgins
F: Castagna, Caddy, Rioli
R: Nank, Dusty, Ross
Int: Graham, Baker, Ellis, Balta

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hold Houli + Riewoldt out for the anzac eve game

In:Martin ..... Out:Menadue

B: Grimes, Astbury, Vlastuin
HB: Edwards, Broad, Stack
C: McIntosh, Prestia, Lambert
HF: Bolton, Lynch, Higgins
F: Castagna, Caddy, Rioli
R: Nank, Dusty, Ross
Int: Graham, Baker, Ellis, Balta
Menadue played 80% game time in defence. Who is the defender on the bench? Ellis? You happy about that after his great effort on the wing last week? For me Menadue until Bachar is back. And a mid or fwd comes out for Dusty

Regardless of the 4 day break, since Houli was pretty much right to play last week and was a late withdrawal to just to be conservative for last week, I think he'll play vs Swannies.

Great preview!

Good memories at the tiger end of that anz game, managed to jump on the same flight as the boys on the way back.

As for this game I think baker has done enough to warrant another crack.

Menadue goes out for me, not that he didn’t play a decent game last week, unlucky.

Think graham needs to get his mojo back in the vfl, again not awful last week just looks outta touch.

Out: Graham, Menadue
In: Martin, Houli

I think stagger them back in, rather than bringing three potentially under cooked players in all in the same week.....gives the younger ones a chance to play and develop more and maybe they will infect some of our more seasoned players with a bit of passion and enthusiasm that I think may have been lacking in the first three weeks.

Dusty this week, Jack for Melb game, the following week Houli & Cotch....but I'm not an expert so I'm probably way off!!! :tearsofjoy:
Mate you're way off!!

;)

How about caddy, Lynch, Martin for a forward line? Who do you mark first?
The importance of caddy to this side is immense bloke is a beast, just a classic hybrid forward.
I’d be having nightmares if I was horse Longmire, having any of those three in a one on one contest screams danger.

The importance of caddy to this side is immense bloke is a beast, just a classic hybrid forward.
I’d be having nightmares if I was horse Longmire, having any of those three in a one on one contest screams danger.
Exactly.......l wasn’t kidding about caddy, he is a beast up forward and can kick straight. George and Rioli can play hf flanks and run up and down the midfield too. Best of both words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back