Society/Culture Feminism - 2017 Thread - Pt II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do we have any data on who is committing these acts of sexual assault on the Melbourne public transport network? (why you may ask, racism you'll assume, but I'm actually looking to see if there are repeat offenders)

I would also like to know what constituted sexual assault/harassment for the purposes of data gathering historically and what was the expected rate of non reporting - because awareness creates validation via increased reporting but reporting going up doesn't mean the acts are going up.

Integrity of data is important.

yes we have already established there is no evidence to suggest this is a rampant problem or that we required an ad to fix it..just a lot of feminist hysteria

Why "feminist" hysteria?

Why "feminist" hysteria?
It's based on perpetuating the idea that women are not only innocent victims of society run by men but that there is nothing they can do about it.

It's a good campaign. The real goal is better conditions and pay for women. Keep the discussion about sexual assault and persistent vicimisation and people won't look into the numbers on pay gaps too closely, they'll assume it's more of the same.

It's women like me who stand to benefit the most. Competent enough to do an above average job, not as experienced because I have taken time out for children and now the culture will allow some affirmative action to reward a business for ushering me into their management structure ahead of men who have more experience, maybe are more competent.

As soon as women lose the victim status all that plan falls apart.

What's an easier message to get behind?

"None of it is your fault and society is too powerful against you for you to do anything, so support us and we will"

or

"You chose a lot of this, you might need to work your way out of that hole, so support us and we will help"

I have got a daughter with big breasts for her age. I have seen and chipped men my own age starting at her - shes 14 FFS - she can't run in Royal Park without being followed or wolf whistled but I suppose a public campaign against that very thing is just:
(a) virtue signalling;
(b) an indication of the narcissism of society;
(c) trying to make men feel bad about themselves because we all know we are the real victims (blah, blah female on male assaults etc etc)
(d) an attack by feminazis on us poor cucked blokes.

Does the public campaign on this restrict your freedom in any way

The fact that you find common cause with Mark Latham should make you all pause

Stop reading Reddit and all the other Incel s**t - its poisoning your ******* minds!

Last edited:
The dumb thing about the ad is their choice of actors/characters. The guy in the suit is rude but doesn't seem particularly like the type of man who would follow a woman from the train and assault her. The woman looks mature enough that her discomfort probably doesn't warrant an ad campaign. When I see the ad, though, I think of my daughter's situation. Would anyone be annoyed at the ad if the woman was replaced by a school girl and the the guy was replaced with someone much more shifty/sinister looking? That's a more common and more threatening scenario than the one shown.

The dumb thing about the ad is their choice of actors/characters. The guy in the suit is rude but doesn't seem particularly like the type of man who would follow a woman from the train and assault her. The woman looks mature enough that her discomfort probably doesn't warrant an ad campaign. When I see the ad, though, I think of my daughter's situation. Would anyone be annoyed at the ad if the woman was replaced by a school girl and the the guy was replaced with someone much more shifty/sinister looking? That's a more common and more threatening scenario than the one shown.

Agree with this. I doubt it would change these dude's minds though.

FB I am with you - if I had not seen this s**t myself with my own daughter I would not have believed it. Its not a sly heterosexual side glance its full on leering. My daughter is a runner - she can't run in Royal or Princes Park without some campaigner who is twice her age (at least) trying to crack on to her. It's ******* creepy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have got a daughter with big breasts for her age. I have seen and chipped men my own age starting at her - shes 14 FFS - she can't run in Royal Park without being followed or wolf whistled but I suppose a public campaign against that very thing is just:
(a) virtue signalling;
(b) an indication of the narcissism of society;
(c) trying to make men feel bad about themselves because we all know we are the real victims (blah, blah female on male assaults etc etc)
(d) an attack by feminazis on us poor cucked blokes.

Does the public campaign on this restrict your freedom in any way

Stop reading Reddit and all the other Incel s**t - its poisoning your ******* minds!

Sorry about your anecdotal evidence of a problem for your daughter, that is unfortunate. I have no qualms with acknowledging the genuine problem some males present to society, I have major issues with a two tier system which treats women as virtuous and blameless whilst men are predatory monsters. If they ran a campaign highlighting that sort of behaviour it would be tolerable but not in today's climate where i turn on the ABC and it's men this men that. Get back to a more respectful discourse and campaigns which fight for genuine issues will be believed as genuine good as opposed to more a,b,c,d.

I got my own anecdote from my own experience with virtue signalling and protecting "victims" which shows how s**t it can be.

Sorry about your anecdotal evidence of a problem for your daughter, that is unfortunate. I have no qualms with acknowledging the genuine problem some males present to society, I have major issues with a two tier system which treats women as virtuous and blameless whilst men are predatory monsters. If they ran a campaign highlighting that sort of behaviour it would be tolerable but not in today's climate where i turn on the ABC and it's men this men that. Get back to a more respectful discourse and campaigns which fight for genuine issues will be believed as genuine good as opposed to more a,b,c,d.

I got my own anecdote from my own experience with virtue signalling and protecting "victims" which shows how s**t it can be.

OK so you opt for option (c) - we all know women are evil it says so in the Bible

Yeah if anything the ad is a lighter touch than reality.

I have major issues with a two tier system which treats women as virtuous and blameless whilst men are predatory monsters. If they ran a campaign highlighting that sort of behaviour it would be tolerable but not in today's climate where i turn on the ABC and it's men this men that.
They model a positive action by a man. Do you have any data that women are committing sexual assaults in similar numbers?

Nah I opt for none of the above - everyone is an individual and no one is greater or lesser because of their genitals, skin colour, hair density, voice, hair colour etc.

I see - but you see yourself as some how harmed by a public campaign designed to raise awareness of creepy leering because it does not recognize sometimes women are predatory succubi. We are all about equality here - see feminism is unnecessary and the whole thing designed to persecute men - including triggering their feelings of persecution when they channel surf past an public awareness raising advertisement - these bitches can't leave us be!!!
We need our own safe space away from the creeping fascism of a 30 second ad we don't have to watch

I see - but you see yourself as some how harmed by a public campaign designed to raise awareness of creepy leering because it does not recognize sometimes women are predatory succubi. We are all about equality here - see feminism is unnecessary and the whole thing designed to persecute men - including triggering their feelings of persecution when they channel surf past an public awareness raising advertisement - these bitches can't leave us be!!!

When my brother got accused of sexual harassment, was suspended from work (3 days paid) till he showed clear messages which showed it as horseshit and yet still had to leave his job because he couldn't work with her going forward and the company wouldn't fire her for false allegations against a coworker because "woman" or something yeah I see a problem with pushing this narrative. The public campaign is what encouraged her to do that (in order to get out of an event she agreed to attend with him rather than just tell him she no longer wanted to go) and also what led the company to protect her ahead of him, it's not just feelings mate there are real victims of this radical s**t.

Creepy leering isn't a crime far as im aware, I personally am not a fan of womens' hair flicking me while i'm on the train can we get a campaign to stop women moving their heads on congested public transport? I got no qualms with targeting genuine issues but you can't do that when the same people saying to stop predatory men are complaining just as loudly about man spreading or the fake news wage gap.

Take your politics out of it. A bloke was being a bit of a dick, and a bloke did something to alleviate the annoyance. It presents a positive form of masculinity.

We don’t see it, but plenty of women do.
It was presenting a stereotype of old where a woman needs to be saved by a man.

The ad is two step backwards in its messaging

Nobody is suggesting it should be a crime and the rest is a nonsense equivalence.

Yeah because there's no physical contact when leering at someone. Feminism pushes moronic mismatched expectations, "women are strong individuals need no man, please sir interfere in this situation to help the poor woman". Then you overstep your mark a little and you become the enemy, better to keep your head down and let the big government handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back