Preview Round 5, 2019: Melbourne v St.Kilda - MCG, Saturday 20th April, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Demons

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • Saints

Votes: 56 72.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiftyfifty

Debutant
Apr 4, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yes really. He hasn't trained as a small forward. How unfair would it be to then bring him in as a small forward. I can just about be certain that if he plays in will be in the backline. One intraclub? Id say at least 5. And you do realise they have been training since they were drafted and probably had games as early as December between themselves.
He has played in the Vfl previous years, not always backline I've been told

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Saints' fragile defence dealt another injury blow

1555394807843.png

ST KILDA has suffered yet another blow to its fragile defensive depth with Logan Austin to be sent in for surgery later this week on his troublesome left shoulder.

Austin is set to miss an extended period, the length of which is unknown at this stage.

Meanwhile, exciting forward Matthew Parker is in doubt to play as he battles a right ankle concern.

Parker was hurt in the second quarter of last Sunday's win over Hawthorn but returned and finished the match.

Austin dislocated his shoulder at training last Wednesday, the same injury he suffered in the pre-season.

The 23-year-old also dealt with a groin problem over the summer months and struggled to hit full fitness, meaning he hasn't been in the selection frame despite the club having multiple backline stars sidelined.

Jake Carlisle went in for a back operation in March while Dylan Roberton is sitting out 2019 as he deals with a heart issue.

The Saints signed Jonathon Marsh and Sam Rowe during the supplemental selection period.

Another of St Kilda's developing defenders, Oscar Clavarino, is listed as being 1-3 weeks away as he recovers from a right ankle syndesmosis sprain.

Austin crossed over from Port Adelaide at the end of 2017 and has lined up in 20 career games.

"It's a frustrating outcome for Logan after doing a lot of work to get himself fit after a groin issue in the pre-season," St Kilda football manager Simon Lethlean said.

"But surgery is the best option to repair the damage to the joint and ultimately set him up for the rest of his career."

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda

View attachment 655845
ST KILDA has suffered yet another blow to its fragile defensive depth with Logan Austin to be sent in for surgery later this week on his troublesome left shoulder.

Austin is set to miss an extended period, the length of which is unknown at this stage.

Meanwhile, exciting forward Matthew Parker is in doubt to play as he battles a right ankle concern.

Parker was hurt in the second quarter of last Sunday's win over Hawthorn but returned and finished the match.

Austin dislocated his shoulder at training last Wednesday, the same injury he suffered in the pre-season.

The 23-year-old also dealt with a groin problem over the summer months and struggled to hit full fitness, meaning he hasn't been in the selection frame despite the club having multiple backline stars sidelined.

Jake Carlisle went in for a back operation in March while Dylan Roberton is sitting out 2019 as he deals with a heart issue.

The Saints signed Jonathon Marsh and Sam Rowe during the supplemental selection period.

Another of St Kilda's developing defenders, Oscar Clavarino, is listed as being 1-3 weeks away as he recovers from a right ankle syndesmosis sprain.

Austin crossed over from Port Adelaide at the end of 2017 and has lined up in 20 career games.

"It's a frustrating outcome for Logan after doing a lot of work to get himself fit after a groin issue in the pre-season," St Kilda football manager Simon Lethlean said.

"But surgery is the best option to repair the damage to the joint and ultimately set him up for the rest of his career."
Put him on the LTI and grab a player mid year if we can.

View attachment 655845

Our Fragile defence has stood up pretty bloody good so far

Nice revisionism. Look I know you are an Acres cultist where he can do no wrong ever, but some constructive criticism and the disciples go apeshit. Its like trying to argue with a Trump cultist.

I have read Kent called pathetic, fat, useless, and that we should give him back to Melbourne.
Please find one post where I said anything as disparaging.
Acres had one good game and you lot think its the second coming.

However unlike the Kent haters and scapegoaters I want Acres to play like Sunday every game, not once in a while.

They just want him out. Pretty piss poor.

I have been the most vociferous critic of Kent and I can tell you I want him to perform like Acres did Sunday too. I just prefer Young or even Hind to play in stead of him. I have nothing against him, he's just not been earning his spot and he's old enough to need to earn it not get gifted games.

Suggesting there is a cult of Acres is silly, most people enjoy talking him up, we know he's a bit inconsistent but he's shown patches between injuries that show what he might be. I haven't seen Kent called fat and useless or anyone say send him back to Melbourne on here.

Unwarranted inclusion because you like a player is also ridiculous...

Unwarranted inclusion because you like a players name is also ridiculous.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
I have been the most vociferous critic of Kent and I can tell you I want him to perform like Acres did Sunday too. I just prefer Young or even Hind to play in stead of him. I have nothing against him, he's just not been earning his spot and he's old enough to need to earn it not get gifted games.

Suggesting there is a cult of Acres is silly, most people enjoy talking him up, we know he's a bit inconsistent but he's shown patches between injuries that show what he might be. I haven't seen Kent called fat and useless or anyone say send him back to Melbourne on here.
It’s funny that you want young but don’t want Kent when there is hardly difference in stats in the last 2 games yet one is playing in a 30 goal less competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back