Past Zak Jones - traded 2019, to Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

You can’t sign for four if you’re only offered two!
I have a feeling he wasn't after a long term contract. Beleived he was always going to leave aswell. He was yet to break out at that time. Basically assured himself a couple of years and now he can cash in rather than having signed an ok long term contract back then. played it very well.

I think we'll offer him decent coin to re sign but someone will offer him big money. He's not worth anymore that 600k but someone will give it.

I have a feeling he wasn't after a long term contract. Beleived he was always going to leave aswell. He was yet to break out at that time. Basically assured himself a couple of years and now he can cash in rather than having signed an ok long term contract back then. played it very well.

I think we'll offer him decent coin to re sign but someone will offer him big money. He's not worth anymore that 600k but someone will give it.

Yep, this is exactly how I read it

I'm calling it now - goneski!

I felt he might have re-signed with a lure of more time spent in the midfield and the year on year lock for finals.
He has his time in the middle but the future of repetitive finals is looking more sketchy for a few years

Id be surprised if jones stays..never really one that has struck me as the sort that absolutley loves the club..time will tell.

If we lose jones, we better have a huge target in mind

Id be surprised if jones stays..never really one that has struck me as the sort that absolutley loves the club..time will tell.

Yeah, he does! Heard it from the horse's mouth and backed by my source early last year. That doesn't mean he loves where the club is headed (this I don't know) but he is now in the position that he's so desired and he's doing it well.

Jones may ultimately prove a better than average mid, but not at our Club while Jose is coaching. That Jose was too lazy in his thinking to play him there until this issue year is hardly a shock. The Mitchell story after all is well known here. Lm

Yeah, he does! Heard it from the horse's mouth and backed by my source early last year. That doesn't mean he loves where the club is headed (this I don't know) but he is now in the position that he's so desired and he's doing it well.
I seem to remember some of your sources have been incredibly wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I seem to remember some of your sources have been incredibly wrong
You have the wrong person. ‘Cos I’d love you to name the ones I’ve gotten wrong (now you only have to go back to last year). I can give you hints...Newman and Lloyd.

Next time you want to throw mud, find the right poster!

You have the wrong person. ‘Cos I’d love you to name the ones I’ve gotten wrong (now you only have to go back to last year). I can give you hints...Newman and Lloyd.

Next time you want to throw mud, find the right poster!
We all remember our wins

We all remember our wins
Go back and have a look. There are plenty on here that can back it up! There’s no need to look like a fool, you can check the Newman and Lloyd threads along with the trade thread.

You have the wrong poster!

Jones may ultimately prove a better than average mid, but not at our Club while Jose is coaching. That Jose was too lazy in his thinking to play him there until this issue year is hardly a shock. The Mitchell story after all is well known here. Lm

He's already a better than average mid this year.

Zak
Jones
Handballs
Elite

Kicks
Elite

Stoppage Clearances
Elite

Contested Possessions
Elite

Ground Ball Gets
Elite

Forward 50 Tackles
Elite

He is going to get PAID by someone at the end of the year. If it's not us it's a bit of a disaster given speed in the mids is our primary need.
Would be some kind of rough justice I suppose if the Saints end up paying him after taking Hanners AND his contract off our hands.

Hope he has a blinder of a season and we get a great pick for him if he does go. Is it a Mitchell situation, or can we match any offer?

Zak
Jones
Handballs
Elite

Kicks
Elite

Stoppage Clearances
Elite

Contested Possessions
Elite

Ground Ball Gets
Elite

Forward 50 Tackles
Elite

He is going to get PAID by someone at the end of the year. If it's not us it's a bit of a disaster given speed in the mids is our primary need.
Would be some kind of rough justice I suppose if the Saints end up paying him after taking Hanners AND his contract off our hands.

Hope he has a blinder of a season and we get a great pick for him if he does go. Is it a Mitchell situation, or can we match any offer?

Careful with those stats. This is driven by champion data. According to afl stats pro he is still considered a “defender” hence why he is showing elite in so many midfield categories (ie. he isn’t being judged against his current peer set).

Aliir was similar in the sense that they had him in as a forward and then used similar type elite stats in an article (but elite in his case was based as him being a forward, not a defender).

That’s not to say they aren’t elite in some areas, just if champion data doesn’t keep up with the positional change and peer set comparison, then it doesn’t mean a lot.

Would be a great disappointment if the Jones boy does jog on Mick. Seems a long time coming his breakout season, hope he holds.

Zak
Jones
Handballs
Elite

Kicks
Elite

Stoppage Clearances
Elite

Contested Possessions
Elite

Ground Ball Gets
Elite

Forward 50 Tackles
Elite

Quiet possibly elite in turnovers as well......

If we lose Jones we'll have successive number one draft picks in mind to go alongside this year's top 1-3 pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back