BBL BBL 08

Remove this Banner Ad

huge get for the Gades and he probably wont be in the Australian team at all as they usually dump the oldies after a WC

Yeah that's a huge get, he's one of the best ever T20 batsmen the game has produced and still a very calming and reliable influence in an innings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perth are going to have some money to play with.

I reckon Marsh is a bad loss because you wouldn't think he'd play much for Australia post world cup and he is a top player at domestic level.

NCN is a good player but the way they rotate the test bowlers if he is fit he is going to play ODI and T20 for Australia during the business end of the big bash so probably not a great loss.

Cartwright only just and he would have got a contract bump after playing for Australia so a good player to move on.

Perth are going to have some money to play with.

I reckon Marsh is a bad loss because you wouldn't think he'd play much for Australia post world cup and he is a top player at domestic level.

NCN is a good player but the way they rotate the test bowlers if he is fit he is going to play ODI and T20 for Australia during the business end of the big bash so probably not a great loss.

Cartwright only just and he would have got a contract bump after playing for Australia so a good player to move on.
I reckon they'd be looking at a big ticket batsman. ABDV perhaps?

I reckon they'd be looking at a big ticket batsman. ABDV perhaps?
Hopefully
The Big Bash needs to start targeting legitimate overseas talent. Here are just some players that should theoretically be available (non-test players) for most of the tournament

South Africa - Miller, Morris, ABD, Morkel
New Zealand - Munro, Anderson, Santner, Guptill
West Indies - Gayle, Russell, Brathwaite, Narine
England - S.Curran, Morgan, Rashid, Roy, Hales

Most of those players listed would be gettable

Last edited:
Of that list I'd take Jason Roy at the Scorchers. I know our bowling has won as championships but after our dismal failure last season it's quite evident we actually need some power hitting up top. Marsh wasn't always available, Turner was unreliable and between Whiteman, Klinger, Cartwright, Bancroft etc we'd be lucky to strike 120.

Josh Phillipe has signed on for 3 more seasons with the Sixers!
Whoever is in charge of contracts at the Scorchers is ****ing up big time. Didn’t give him a contract last year and just assumed we’d have him back this year (Klingers extra season looks like it’s cost us one of our best rising
stars).. On top of disrespecting some WA legends by not giving them multi year deals.. Curious to see what they do now, you’d hope they have something else up their sleeve or they’ve just destroyed the list for not a lot of reason

Whoever is in charge of contracts at the Scorchers is ****ing up big time. Didn’t give him a contract last year and just assumed we’d have him back this year (Klingers extra season looks like it’s cost us one of our best rising
stars).. On top of disrespecting some WA legends by not giving them multi year deals.. Curious to see what they do now, you’d hope they have something else up their sleeve or they’ve just destroyed the list for not a lot of reason

A part of me wouldn’t be surprised if CA gave them a tap on the shoulder for ‘forcing’ homegrown players to sign for the Scorchers. Just a theory...

It just seems weird that all of a sudden players are going all over the country or maybe it’s as simple as them not buying into Voges as much as they did Langer.

Harder to convince players to stick around for unders when you aren't winning. Old players like Marsh are going to want to cash in with not a lot of time left in their careers too.

I doubt there is anything sinister behind Phillippe. Scorchers just made a poor list management decision by contracting others ahead of him and Sixers took advantage.

Cartwright is a terrible T20 batsman, he has a SR of 109. Strange to go after a plodder.

I don't think that is representative of his capabilities. Has always played a minor role at the Scorchers by virtue of a quality and highly consistent top order. I reckon the move will work out well for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back