Opinion Religion BF Style

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A view or a religious belief? Where's the line? Just because he has a belief about a group of people doesn't mean he fears them or is homophobic...? Media need to move the **** on.. speak about the fact the sport is riddled with domestic abuse?

What the * does that mean?

That is some weird mental gymnastics

If I said you were a campaigner is that a view

And if I said you are a campaigner because my religion says so I am now different and should be free from consequences.

? That is a bizarre logic

And differentiating whether he is just stupid and insensitive or homophobic or what is really meaningless.

Ah the old point to other issues tactic to round off your post. Classic. I guess you also meet any attempt to do anything good for anyone with BUT WHAT ABOUT THE HOMELESS!!!?!!!!?!

Ablett did something stupid

He deserves the criticism he gets for it and I hate whiny man-babies who get upset when people get criticised for doing dumb s**t. Here’s an idea Ablett, maybe don’t like a post that says gays are going to burn in hell

Last edited:
What the **** does that mean?

That is some weird mental gymnastics

If I said you were a campaigner is that a view

And if I said you are a campaigner because my religion says so I am now different and should be free from consequences.

? That is a bizarre logic

And differentiating whether he is just stupid and insensitive or homophobic or what is really meaningless.

Ah the old point to other issues tactic to round off your post. Classic. I guess you also meet any attempt to do anything good for anyone with BUT WHAT ABOUT THE HOMELESS!!!?!!!!?!

Ablett did something stupid

He deserves the criticism he gets for it and I hate whiny man-babies who get upset when people get criticised for doing dumb s**t. Here’s an idea Ablett, maybe don’t like a post that says gays are going to burn in hell
I would just point out that if gays go to hell or not, this is (a) up to God; and (b) an issue for the After-Life. Thus, one can firmly believe that to be true without causing any practical consequence within the actual world. "It saddens me that you all are going to hell; but, alas!, it is your choice, not mine." If that's Ablett's position, what would be the problem?

Personally, I think the main issue here is hedonistic lust (i.e., to consider sexual pleasure as the Highest Good). Sexual preference is irrelevant. But that's me...

----
P.S.:
The stupid thing is that for so called Christians, neither Folau or Ablett know what that scripture actually talks about. It doesn't say those people will go to hell. It says that they won't inherit god's kingdom.
Five-second research: https://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/hell-bible-verses/

I would just point out that if gays go to hell or not, this is (a) up to God; and (b) an issue for the After-Life. Thus, one can firmly believe that to be true without causing any practical consequence within the actual world. "It saddens me that you all are going to hell; but, alas!, it is your choice, not mine." If that's Ablett's position, what would be the problem?

Personally, I think the main issue here is hedonistic lust (i.e., to consider sexual pleasure as the Highest Good). Sexual preference is irrelevant. But that's me...

----
P.S.:
Five-second research: https://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/hell-bible-verses/

I’m really not sure what any of this is meant to mean in any practical sense

But the actions of these people aren’t separate, or academic or without consequence.

When anti-gay opinions are expressed it tells people gays are less than and should be treated as such.

You can’t separate the idea from real world consequences.

I’m really not sure what any of this is meant to mean in any practical sense

But the actions of these people aren’t separate, or academic or without consequence.

When anti-gay opinions are expressed it tells people gays are less than and should be treated as such.

You can’t separate the idea from real world consequences.
It is not "being gay" the issue, but "engaging on homosexual activity". It is the action, not the person. "Hate the sin; love the sinner."

Someone that hates gays and acts against them is trying to put himself in the role of God, which is the worst sin a Christian can possibly commit.

I personally don't even think that homosexual activity is necessarily sinful.

It is not "being gay" the issue, but "engaging on homosexual activity". It is the action, not the person. "Hate the sin; love the sinner."

Someone that hates gays and acts against them is trying to put himself in the role of God, which is the worst sin a Christian can possibly commit.

I personally don't even think that homosexual activity is necessarily sinful.
It's not being a murderer that is the issue, it is killing people.

You can be gay, just don't do anything gay. Simples.

It's not being a murderer that is the issue, it is killing people.

You can be gay, just don't do anything gay. Simples.
You can have the impulse to become a serial killer. If you don't kill anybody, you haven't committed any sin.

You can be a serial killer. You are still a human being who deserves all our love; specially due your absolutely wretched soul. You still need to suffer the human punishment, though; but that's another issue.

What would your point be?

You can have the impulse to become a serial killer. If you don't kill anybody, you haven't committed any sin.

You can be a serial killer. You are still a human being who deserves all our love; specially due your absolutely wretched soul. You still need to suffer the human punishment, though; but that's another issue.

What would your point be?
Honestly I have two problems with the concept of separating the sin from sinner.

1) In the case of homosexuality (or any other act that is a sin but not actually wrong, harmful or negative in any way), it means:
- We love you unconditionally
- There is a fundamental part of your identity for which you will deservedly be punished, unless you suppress it and pretend it doesn't exist
- Because we love you unconditionally (well, most of you, just not the gay bit), we will forgive you whenever you give in to temptation and act on your true personality

It is condescending, oppressive and incredibly damaging to young people trying to figure out who they are.

2) It completely misunderstands the nature of obsessive, predatory behaviour. Serial killers, serial rapists, serial peadophiles, stalkers and their ilk cannot be rehabilitated. They can only be contained.

The only thing separating the sin from the sinner does for an obsessive predator is give them a way of separating their actions from any sense of personal responsibility.

It also necessitates that those in a position to intervene (confessors etc) do not step in, instead relying on confession and repentance as a control for serial, obsessive, predatory criminal behaviour.

There is no clearer evidence of this than the culture of predatory abuse, protection and cover-up that has recently been exposed as endemic in the Catholic Church. It professes to love the abuser and victim equally, but is completely derelict in it's duty to protect one from the other.

You are what you do. To try an separate actions from identity to justify a viewpoint incompatible with any sense of humanity is hypocrisy.

Honestly I have two problems with the concept of separating the sin from sinner.

1) In the case of homosexuality (or any other act that is a sin but not actually wrong, harmful or negative in any way), it means:
- We love you unconditionally
- There is a fundamental part of your identity for which you will deservedly be punished, unless you suppress it and pretend it doesn't exist
- Because we love you unconditionally (well, most of you, just not the gay bit), we will forgive you whenever you give in to temptation and act on your true personality

It is condescending, oppressive and incredibly damaging to young people trying to figure out who they are.

2) It completely misunderstands the nature of obsessive, predatory behaviour. Serial killers, serial rapists, serial peadophiles, stalkers and their ilk cannot be rehabilitated. They can only be contained.

The only thing separating the sin from the sinner does for an obsessive predator is give them a way of separating their actions from any sense of personal responsibility.

It also necessitates that those in a position to intervene (confessors etc) do not step in, instead relying on confession and repentance as a control for serial, obsessive, predatory criminal behaviour.

There is no clearer evidence of this than the culture of predatory abuse, protection and cover-up that has recently been exposed as endemic in the Catholic Church. It professes to love the abuser and victim equally, but is completely derelict in it's duty to protect one from the other.

You are what you do. To try an separate actions from identity to justify a viewpoint incompatible with any sense of humanity is hypocrisy.
"You are what you do."

Exactly. If you sin, you are a sinner. We all sin. The difference is one of degree.

Again, I don't believe homosexuality to be a sin. I have already said that. I may be right, I may be wrong, but I think that's a matter for God to decide. Adults engaging in private consensual sex is not my business.

Murder is a sin, though. Still, for Christians, there is an obligation to love your neighbor DESPITE of his sins. However, loving and forgiving someone doesn't mean relieving him from punishment or containment.

You punish and contain because you love. It is better for the serial killer to be put away from society than be free to murder other people.

"You are what you do."

Exactly. If you sin, you are a sinner. We all sin. The difference is one of degree.

Again, I don't believe homosexuality to be a sin. I have already said that. I may be right, I may be wrong, but I think that's a matter for God to decide. Adults engaging in private consensual sex is not my business.

Murder is a sin, though. Still, for Christians, there is an obligation to love your neighbor DESPITE of his sins. However, loving and forgiving someone doesn't mean relieving him from punishment or containment.

You punish and contain because you love. It is better for the serial killer to be put away from society than be free to murder other people.
You don’t get to choose. If you subscribe to a religion you are subscribing to the beliefs associated.

You don’t get to choose. If you subscribe to a religion you are subscribing to the beliefs associated.
Christianity is all about the person. Of course I can choose. It is my responsibility.
I'm Catholic, so you are right that I must embrace the Church's teaching. Still, the interpretation of those teachings can only be my own. Nothing I have said here goes directly against it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're not gonna win me over with Satan.
Not my intention. Eshu is not bad. He's neutral. He is the African Loki, Hermes, Mercury, etc. — a god of contradiction.

(brought to the right thread)

Last edited:
what a braindead lump of s**t this guy is

at least with abbott he was upfront about what he was delivering. scummo tries to hide his evil behind the ocker, blokey boofhead fat bogan aussie stereotype

How many ocker blokey boofhead fat bogans do you know that go to Hillsong?

The blokes a ******* but you are attacking completely the wrong angle.

How many ocker blokey boofhead fat bogans do you know that go to Hillsong?

The blokes a ******* but you are attacking completely the wrong angle.
What's the Hillsong demographics? I am really not familiar with them.

What's the Hillsong demographics? I am really not familiar with them.

Back in the day I would watch Port at the REH in Sydney and the Hillsong buses left from across the road.

The demographic was hot girls and nerdy males. The families like old mate we are discussing must have driven cars because everyone on the buses were young.

So much so that I seriously contemplated jumping on the bus one week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back