Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Remove this Banner Ad

Because their story progresses logically, respects the previously established rules of the Star Wars Universe, follows basic continuity and narrative-telling conventions and is original? It's due to this that TLJ will be made obsolete anyway (like The Phantom Menace) once IX comes out.
Midichlorians are probably the siggest worst addition to the Star Wars canon.

The story idea for the prequels is fine if you ignore the entirety of the writing and how bad the characters are. Have you actually watched the prequels lately? I couldn't finish Clones. So terrible in every aspect.

I swear online has turned so many Star Wars fans brains into mush.

If you focus on the great cinematics and shoe-horning old characters for nostalgia then sure...
C3P0 was built by Darth Vader. Chewy is a soldier who is pals with Yoda. Yoda is a backflipping lightsaber guy. Every clone trooper is Boba Fett's dad's replica or some s**t. Nothing in the new fillums compares to how frivolously original characters are retconned into the prequels.

Midichlorians are probably the siggest worst addition to the Star Wars canon.

The story idea for the prequels is fine if you ignore the entirety of the writing and how bad the characters are. Have you actually watched the prequels lately? I couldn't finish Clones. So terrible in every aspect.

Didn't even mention midichlorians, but sure. Who cares? I'm talking about events in the Star Wars universe that TLJ fails to even recognise and logically progress it's story from.

Have you actually watched the prequels lately? I couldn't finish Clones. So terrible in every aspect.
I have probably watched the prequels more than 10 times over in my lifetime. Considering you can't finish Attack of the Clones probably means you're missing the best of them all by far, Revenge of the Sith. There is no aspect of the new films that can be considered superior to the prequels (save special effects obviously). Both have shitty screenplay and characters, except the prequels actually possesses a substantive and meaningful story within the Star Wars universe.

Still haven't heard a single reason as to why TLJ is "the best since Empire", let alone better than any of the prequels though I too would rate it ahead of II, that is garbage. Like Attack of the Clones, TLJ is so unbelievably forgettable.
But yeah, any fan that doesn't 100% like the direction the latest Star Wars films are going in have mush for brains...

The only reason I could sit through the prequels is purely childhood nostalgia (although I probably watched the OT more) and the ‘prequel memes’ which make the whole thing an absolute laugh. Dylan is totally right, the internet has created this toxic hive mind that a reasonable portion of Star Wars fans are part of.

Is it really toxic to expect a half-decent Star Wars film? If you accept mediocrity you get given mediocrity. And this is coming from someone who tried to defend the first film for "being just a reboot" and "the next film will be a lot better" etc. I was someone who accepted mediocrity.

If you want to see real toxicity go after those blokes who harassed Jake Lloyd, Hayden Christiansen and now Kelly Tran.

Is it really toxic to expect a half-decent Star Wars film? If you accept mediocrity you get given mediocrity. And this is coming from someone who tried to defend the first film for "being just a reboot" and "the next film will be a lot better" etc. I was someone who accepted mediocrity.

If you want to see real toxicity go after those blokes who harassed Jake Lloyd, Hayden Christiansen and now Kelly Tran.
The way that most ‘fans’ go about it, yeah. When you say the first film I guess you are talking TFA? If so, that’s your half decent Star Wars film. As for the guys who hounded those acting in the movies as characters they didn’t like, that’s the hive mind I’m talking about, just the more extreme members of it.
Kinda over arguing about Star Wars now, looking forward to seeing the final movie come the end of the year.

Kinda over arguing about Star Wars now, looking forward to seeing the final movie come the end of the year.
Yeah same. I'm sure once it comes out and the saga is finalised it might (and I hope) tie TFA+TLJ together better with the rest of the Star Wars universe a bit like RotS did with the other prequels.

I hear something like they're making another saga after this so unfortunately seems like Disney will be milking the franchise/brand bone dry and we'll all be sick of Star Wars in 10 years time.

After nearly 13 years, I decided it was finally time to ditch the boring "mascot-number" moniker that is so frequent across BF.

Feels nice.

Haven't seen you around the FJGD board before Red Crow, welcome!

Another mod is handy, we have two already, another Crows fan @crow28, and a stalwart of the FJGD, Gibbsy.

It seems you have a fair bit in common with @crow28: same sign up date, same amount of posts, from Victoria, goes for the Crows and goes for Liverpool and the Victory. You guys are going to get along great!

After nearly 13 years, I decided it was finally time to ditch the boring "mascot-number" moniker that is so frequent across BF.

Feels nice.
It should be law that all Adelaide supporters on BF must have a profile picture of Tony Modra

Not gonna lie it might take me a while to get used to your rebrand but I like the change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahaha. They’ve got the backs to the Sydney and Geelong ones. I understand the Sydney one, don’t understand why they did that to Geelong.

I reckon 70-80% of the non-FJGD population wouldn't be able to tell the difference from the front.

Just looking at the image though, Port's and Gold Coast's look very bad in comparison to the better ones (North and St Kilda)

Red Crow what significance did the 28 in crow28 hold?

Nothing particularly interesting. Combination of favourite numbers as a kid, and if I was ever good enough to play any form of footy/sport, I would have wanted to have 28 as my number.

The Red in my new name perhaps unsurprisingly has to do with Liverpool. I’ve used the Red Crow moniker for years in other places so figured it was time to make the switch here.

It should be law that all Adelaide supporters on BF must have a profile picture of Tony Modra
Pls don’t try and stop my Pukki Party!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back