To boo or to not boo: Scott Lycett

I’m not getting to this game - but if I was I’d give him a cheer

Bloke was heart and soul for our club - was instrumental in winning a flag and got a godfather offer he couldn’t refuse to set up his family for life

I’d have booed him for not taking it

Edit: from memory Q stick got a good reception (could be mistaken as it might have been b&f)

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
No but I'm sending her unsolicited nose pics.
1555424025617.png

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
Big fan of the slyce.

He busted his guts for us.

Would like to see the crowd give him a bit of a semi-cheer for his first mark/disposal as a sign of appreciation. And then we all move on.

I don't think there'd be a single eagles fan who has anything but respect for the big man.

Benji85

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Boo them all; let God sort them out.

(but for real the Slyce was such a GOAT clubman, how could anyone hate on him. Great dude)

Reminiscence

All Australian
Sep 8, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
New York Rangers, Charlotte Hornets
No to booing Slyce. Won us a GF, if anything I think the crowd will cheer.
Then next successive game we will boo. With great affection

Nov 13, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Would actually like to see good mix of both cheering and booing for Slyce all night.

Some respectful boos mixed in with the negative ones; some bronx cheers mixed in with the genuine appreciation. As long as there's a confusion of noise!

I'm just interested to see how people in the media would try to wrangle that into a negative about our fans.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Would actually like to see good mix of both cheering and booing for Slyce all night.

Some respectful boos mixed in with the negative ones; some bronx cheers mixed in with the genuine appreciation. As long as there's a confusion of noise!

I'm just interested to see how people in the media would try to wrangle that into a negative about our fans.
I think we should just wait until we hear from BT and Lingy's wives, then we'll really know what the outside world thinks of us.

Back