2nds Norwood vs Port Adelaide - Round 4 @ The Parade

Remove this Banner Ad

Thursday 18th of April 7:20pm at Coopers Stadium aka Norwood Oval.

For people that can't make it to the game the digital pass this year is similar to last year. If you are a member of one of the 8 other SANFL clubs you get every SANFL game (including all Port home and away games) live for $30, non-members of those 8 other clubs have to pay $60. Or for a 30 days pass it's $6 for members, $10 for non-members.
https://sanfldigitalpass.com.au/#/

Amon will be assessed heading into this game.

Motlop comes in for Marshall.

Also 1 player will be held back this week as the emergency. (Johnson)

We play a Norwood side (that includes former AFL listed player Dom Barry) that's won all 3 of their games by under a goal.
Untitled.jpg

Maggies Changes:
IN: Motlop, Amon
OUT: Marshall (AFL), Johnson (AFL emerg)

Maggies Side:
F: Woodcock - Edwards - Cox
HF: Motlop - McKenzie - Farrell
C: Amon - Atley - Mayes
HB: Pudney - Lienert - Frederick
B: Broadbent - Corcoran - Garner
R: Ladhams - Hewett - Trengove
INT: Grundy - Mead - Davidson
EMERG: Hill - Appleton

Other:
Watts (Leg, TBC)
Dixon: (Leg, TBC)
Mahney: (Shoulder, 8 weeks)
Hayes: (Knee, 6 weeks)
Sutcliffe: (Hamstring, 2 weeks)
Frampton: (Suspended, 1 week)
Hartlett: (Hamstring, 1 week)
Elsworthy: (Last played, Trial Match 2)
Wong: (Last played, Trial Match 2)
Strange: (Last played, Trial Match 2)
Makoi: (Last played, Trial Match 2)
Smith: (Last played, Trial Match 2)

Last edited:
Thursday 18th of April 7:20pm at Coopers Stadium aka Norwood Oval.

For people that can't make it to the game the digital pass this year is similar to last year. If you are a member of one of the 8 other SANFL clubs you get every SANFL game (including all Port home and away games) live for $30, non-members of those 8 other clubs have to pay $60. Or for a 30 days pass it's $6 for members, $10 for non-members.
https://sanfldigitalpass.com.au/#/

Hartlett and Amon will both be assessed heading into this game. Frampton still suspended for another week, Sutcliffe out for another 1-2 weeks.

Surely there will be a few changes for the AFL side. Wishful thinking on my part but I'd do Lienert, Marshall, Broadbent and Farrell for Wines, Motlop, Byrne-Jones and Duursma.

Also 1 player will be held back this week as the emergency. (IMO Mayes)

We play a Norwood side (that includes former AFL listed player Dom Barry) that's won all 3 of their games by under a goal.
View attachment 655522

Predicted Maggies Side:
F: Woodcock - Hill - Cox
HF: Motlop - Edwards - Johnson
C: Amon - Wines - Duursma
HB: Pudney - McKenzie - Byrne-Jones
B: Garner - Corcoran - Hartlett
R: Ladhams - Atley - Trengove
INT: Frederick - Hewett - Grundy
EMERG: Mead - Davidson

Other:
Watts (Leg, TBC)
Dixon: (Leg, TBC)
Mahney: (Shoulder, 8 weeks)
Hayes: (Knee, 6 weeks)
Sutcliffe: (Hamstring, 2 weeks)
Frampton: (Suspended, 1 week)
Elsworthy: (Last played, Trial Match 2)
Wong: (Last played, Trial Match 2)
Strange: (Last played, Trial Match 2)
Makoi: (Last played, Trial Match 2)
Smith: (Last played, Trial Match 2)
Appleton: (Last played, Round 2)
Thanks to SANFL, melting day comes earlier this week. We will have a good idea of the team traveling to Perth already on Wednesday, right?

Important game this one.
Always, I have been told.

Thanks to SANFL, melting day comes earlier this week. We will have a good idea of the team traveling to Perth already on Wednesday, right?
Yeah we'll know who is in the 26 man squad for the AFL side on Wednesday based on the SANFL team that comes out. We'll have to wait until Thursday to know which 3 of the 4 emergencies drop back down to the SANFL though.

Unless Hinkley decides to give that info away early in a press conference.

What a croc of s**t it is that we are playing this game on the back of a 4 day break, whilst the Redlegs are coming off a 6 day break.

The SANFL fixturing this year for us is beyond disgraceful. I suspect that HH didn't play last week purely because of the ridiculous short break, so hopefully he is back, and so is Amon because as much as it pains me to say it we've actually missed Amon.

Was some great signs last week with some players really pushing for selection. Farrell confirmed he's hitting some good form after a dissapointing preseason, Lienert was outstanding, Broady is looking better and better, Mayes was pretty good as a mid, Garner continued his solid start to the year, and Marshall did exactly what we needed from him. Hopefully Marshall was rested in the last term to look after him ahead of the trip West.

On top of that the players outside of selection contention like Ladhams (who had his best game for the club), Pudney and Hewett had good games.

Hopefully the short break doesn't cruel us this week and we see some continued good form from a lot of the squad, as they need to keep the pressure on the AFL side for spots. The heat for me is really on Atley, Mayes, McKenzie and AJ to really lift to a higher level, whilst we need Pudney, Hewett and Ladhams to sustain that sort of performance.

I will tip Norwood by 27, purely based on our short break, but I hope that we are more competitive than that. I think South are the early pace setters, but feel Norwood and Glenelg are close behind, so this should be a tough battle against a top 2-3 side

Predicted Maggies Side:

Looking forward to seeing how those changes work out for you Nostradamus :p

Predicted Maggies Side:

Looking forward to seeing how those changes work out for you Nostradamus :p
I did say it was wishful thinking.

Well against South the umpires had dead set cheated against us. This was absolutely confirmed by their somewhat fairness on us against North just to dilute their obvious skulduggery and therefore I expect they'll be back to their usual cheating ways at the Parade. So not only the 4 day break but I expect us to get physically abused by the umpiring decisions yet again.

PORT ADELAIDE senior coach Ken Hinkley has revealed midfield/forward Steven Motlop won’t travel to Perth to face West Coast on Good Friday.

Motlop will, instead, play for the Magpies in the SANFL on Thursday night against Norwood, which Hinkley hopes will allow the speedster the freedom to find more of the football.

https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2019-04-17/sanfl-selection-port-v-norwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F: Cox, McKenzie, Mead

HF: Davidson, Farrell, Woodcock

C: Pudney, Atley, Amon

HB: Hewett, Broadbent, Corcoran

B: Garner, Grundy, Frederick

R: Edwards, Trengove, Motlop

INT: Appleton, Elsworthy, Hill

IN: Motlop, Amon, Hill, Appleton, Elsworthy

OUT: Marshall (AFL), Ladhams (AFL), Johnson (AFL), Mayes (AFL), Lienert (AFL)
https://sanfl.com.au/league/news/round-4-statewide-super-league-teams-thursday-night/
Those outs give me a bit of hope. Glad Motlop is dropped to find form.

PORT ADELAIDE senior coach Ken Hinkley has revealed midfield/forward Steven Motlop won’t travel to Perth to face West Coast on Good Friday.

Motlop will, instead, play for the Magpies in the SANFL on Thursday night against Norwood, which Hinkley hopes will allow the speedster the freedom to find more of the football.

https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2019-04-17/sanfl-selection-port-v-norwood

He doesn't need freedom to do anything, he needs to pull his finger out.

Those outs give me a bit of hope. Glad Motlop is dropped to find form.
Your being polite, I'm glad Mots is being held accountable for the soft and lazy effort he had the arrogance to serve up
and not for the first time either. Frustrating footballer, hopefully this is the bucket of cold water he needs tipped over him
to get him to wake up and put in.

Your being polite, I'm glad Mots is being held accountable for the soft and lazy effort he had the arrogance to serve up
and not for the first time either. Frustrating footballer, hopefully this is the bucket of cold water he needs tipped over him

As a Geelong supporter friend said to me, why do you think he’s not at Geelong anymore......

We will be saying the same stuff about Wingard to Hawks supporters too...

Motpolec!

What is it that seemingly clicked for Trengove this year? His numbers in the SANFL are absurd across the board considering it's such a competitive competition. Has the level dropped off a bit, or is he just believing in his body again?

I can't see him breaking back into your senior outfit even if he backs up these performances 10 times in a row. Am I wrong or is he closer than I think?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back