Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
You sound like an islamaphobe!

I am an equal opportunity despiser of all scumbag opportunists that cloak themselves in religion or culture.

Surely the feminists are speaking out about these sorts of things?

Contemporary feminists are overwhelmingly neurotic, self indulgent crackpots.

So because I like news I can't appreciate things like this? Get out of here. The world isn't butterflies and rainbows. Yes it's great to see but in tomorrow's world that music doesn't exist because someone pointed out that it was created during a time when slavery existed. It's been stricken from the shelves just in case it upsets someone. So instead tomorrow's old man has to listen to Katy Perry and Lady Gaga.

It is where I live. We've had tropical storms every afternoon this week. Bit of a pain for getting stuff done but heaps of rainbows and a perfect climate for butterflys. they're as big as your hand around here.

They don't have to listen to Gaga and Perry. They could listen to Rabbit Junk.

Or Liz Giz Wiz (I dunno what their name is).

Or this:

The double standards of SJW's when it comes to this, absolutely shits me to tears.

Catholic priest touching young boys = monster
Muslim marrying & rooting a 12 year old = crickets chirping

When did this happen?

I can recall a few instances in the west with girls above and below that age, Sweden and the UK come to mind.

I hope they got arrested and punched.

In England it wasn't till 1929 that the Marriage Act raised the legal age of marriage to 16.

Before that it was 12.

Did it really happen in those places tho? I remember there was all this reporting about Muslim rapes in Norway and the perps were all actually tall blonde Norwegians. But there was such a panic about it some campaigner went mental and shot 75 kids.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I hope they got arrested and punched.

In England it wasn't till 1929 that the Marriage Act raised the legal age of marriage to 16.

Before that it was 12.

Did it really happen in those places tho? I remember there was all this reporting about Muslim rapes in Norway and the perps were all actually tall blonde Norwegians. But there was such a panic about it some campaigner went mental and shot 75 kids.

Age of consent (slightly different convo, but same ballpark) is really *y, the disparity between countries, including western countries, is quite crazy.

As to the question at hand it's been a while since I've really read any articles of that sort that have come my way, it's just too distressing and depressing. Same reason I'm not going to look them up now. I'm sure there is mayo thrown onto a lot of the articles, but I can also recall several that seemed legit a few years back.

Yeah no worries.

I do get the age of consent being different in the past when the average life span was less.

People hit sexual maturity and went out and lived their adult lives as soon as possible. There wasn't the sort of structure we have now where we often stay at school till "adulthood" ie legal age, which is almost a people management strategy. You're gonna be dead by 50 so get out and breed as quick as you can. So people were more mature and more prepared to be adults at younger ages.

Its not the same thing tho. People are less mature and adult/responsible at 15/16 these days. My pop went to war at 16 in ww1 - in trenches in France - I see 16 year olds these days and just can't fathom them doing that. (Thank * for that too.)

FMD. €700 ($A1.1 Billion) has been donated to rebuild the Notre Dame. WTF is wrong with this world?! I love Paris & thought the Notre Damn was awesome, but Jesus the church doesn’t need donations.

Spend that money on kids with no food or medicine. Its what Jesus would do.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
FMD. €700 ($A1.1 Billion) has been donated to rebuild the Notre Dame. WTF is wrong with this world?! I love Paris & thought the Notre Damn was awesome, but Jesus the church doesn’t need donations.
Mixed feelings, personally. I understand how it's seen as such a landmark from several viewpoints, and worthy of being rebuilt.
However the speed at which these people have offered their money is... disconcerting. Have there really been no other causes worthy of such (public) donations?

I'd also be bloody interested to see how much the Vatican has donated to the 'The Friends of Notre-Dame de Paris' (Charity founded by the government who owns the cathedral, created years ago due to high costs so that others could contribute), and how much they plan on donating now.

You have to wonder what skeletons these people have in their closet to think they need to throw money at one of the richest companies in the world to get sweet with their god.
Owned by the French Government not the Vatican, though the argument probably still stands :p

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You have to wonder what skeletons these people have in their closet to think they need to throw money at one of the richest companies in the world to get sweet with their god.
Maybe they like art and appreciated one of the most beautiful structures ever build.

Does it matter who donates? People have reasons. No different to people that started the gofundme to 'build the wall'. People have their reasons.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Mixed feelings, personally. I understand how it's seen as such a landmark from several viewpoints, and worthy of being rebuilt.
However the speed at which these people have offered their money is... disconcerting. Have there really been no other causes worthy of such (public) donations?

I'd also be bloody interested to see how much the Vatican has donated to the 'The Friends of Notre-Dame de Paris' (Charity founded by the government who owns the cathedral, created years ago due to high costs so that others could contribute), and how much they plan on donating now.

Owned by the French Government not the Vatican, though the argument probably still stands :p

Yeah I know France owns it. I just find it unsettling that so much money can be raised in so little time for a building when there’s far more pressing issues.

Maybe they like art and appreciated one of the most beautiful structures ever build.

Does it matter who donates? People have reasons. No different to people that started the gofundme to 'build the wall'. People have their reasons.

People annoy me.

I think of those donations in terms of "generosity" in the way Frans de Waal talks about it in that video. As a tool for coalition building and cementing power. That's why people donate huge sums to things like the repair of that old French church.

They are spending resources in a way thats meaningful to some people. They will probably be able to count on those people's support at a later date if they need it.

Thank you. That was fascinating

No worries.

It was fascinating wasn't it. I found it made a lot of sense (or reinforced alot of my biases:D.) Human politics is primate politics. Most people "forget" this.:straining:

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No worries.

It was fascinating wasn't it. I found it made a lot of sense (or reinforced alot of my biases:D.) Human politics is primate politics. Most people "forget" this.:straining:

It was. Because of their politics the strongest male having to be subordinate because the new alpha had the backing of the old alpha was mind blowing. Interesting too that if their alpha is a bully he cops it.

I found the bit about the Bonobos being matriarchal primates very interesting. Especially because he hinted that the alpha female in the chimp community is actually the one pulling the strings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back