Welcome Welcome to the Hawks Jack Scrimshaw

At this point Sam Walsh is all but guaranteed to win the Rising Star. Media hype train is already well in full motion. That said, Walsh certainly looks like the real deal so it would probably be on merit.

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
At this point Sam Walsh is all but guaranteed to win the Rising Star. Media hype train is already well in full motion. That said, Walsh certainly looks like the real deal so it would probably be on merit.

Deserves it more than Ash McGrath did...

I don't think anyone can argue than Walsh wouldn't be a deserving winner tbh.

Looks like Carlton may have finally gotten a #1 pick 100% right, only took em 5 tries.

hk89

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Like him a lot. Still think he makes quite a few errors though, but plenty to work with.

He does, but what I like about his errors is that they usually come from taking the game on, and he isn't scared to pull the trigger on a risky kick. Some of them are not quite coming off, but I reckon those are mistakes he can improve on over time. Not many of them are outright panic mistakes , so looks quite composed most of the time (IMO).

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He does, but what I like about his errors is that they usually come from taking the game on, and he isn't scared to pull the trigger on a risky kick. Some of them are not quite coming off, but I reckon those are mistakes he can improve on over time. Not many of them are outright panic mistakes , so looks quite composed most of the time (IMO).
Exactly. Safe is death in footy. More players need to have the ability and confidence to take the game on. As soon as we started playing on at all costs in the third we broke the game open.

Scrimshaw looks every bit a player.

Was going to post exactly the same sentiment, but now don't have to!

Milkshaker

Cancelled
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You can see the side as a whole is still trying to gel. Its just not quite happening atm. You can see it with Scrimshaw as well. When this lad gets his confidence up in another 30-50 games he will be a joy to watch.

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Interesting observation, so far scrimshaw is rated elite for contested possessions in his position. Know he's stated he wants to become a midfielder in the future, wonder if this could be a possibility.

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Interesting observation, so far scrimshaw is rated elite for contested possessions in his position. Know he's stated he wants to become a midfielder in the future, wonder if this could be a possibility.
The thing in his favour is that he is very good below his knees. Very clean player. I’m sure he could play through there even if it isn’t full time. But he needs a bigger tank. Great recruiting to get this kid in. Might not have been anything at gc so it’s a win for them and us and scrimshaw.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Gee, I dunno... T. Scully looking pretty good at the moment.
Trying to split the two steals of the year... #JustHawthornproblems

I think i have Scrimshaw just slightly ahead at the moment because of his age and upside. Wowee his toughness is one of the most underrated parts of his game. Doesn't look like he is the type of player to get his hands dirty but he has no issues going back with the flight and leaping in to packs.

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
Some nice stats in there too...

1556678042825.png

Back