Universal Love Your Tiger story - share your story here

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 26, 2007
Newcastle
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Avalanche, Nuggets
Circa 2008 I got excited at the thought that we may draft Ben Cousins. I said to my friends if we get Cousins I will buy a membership. We ended up getting Cousins and the next day I went into Punt Rd to buy 2 memberships.
I did the exact same thing, was so proud the club introduced someone with his talent and experience and knew the kids would get so much from seeing how a true professional goes about his training.

Unlike the morons at the Bulldogs who got Aker in and ridiculed him when he told them they were kidding themselves if they thought they were working hard enough.

Jun 26, 2007
Newcastle
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Avalanche, Nuggets
This is the best thread
Absolutely, I love hearing the stories everyone has. Living in NSW you don't come across many AFL supporters.

Being near an Air Force base must help, as I've seen quite a few stickers on cars and the odd shirt/hat around town. I jsut want to run up and talk to them about our Tigers, but being a shy bloke, I never do

My story not as interesting as most in this thread but I was pretty much born into it.

It was either Richmond (dad) or Essendon (Mum) and I was a huge daddy’s girl so i’ve pretty much supported Richmond since the day I was born.

Almost 40 now but I have really fond memories from when I was a kid of going to the MCG, Waverley Park and Windy Hill to watch us play, despite the many losses. :D

It’s only been since Dimma became coach and Benny Gale became our CEO in 2009/2010 that I really became super passionate, though I was a massive fan of Benny Gale (and Richo) when they played for us.

May 23, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
My family is from Adelaide. My first love was Glenelg ("The Bays"). Because they also wear the yellow and black, it was only natural to follow Richmond (my Dad's team) and I would always check out the VFL results in the Sunday paper.

We moved to Melbourne for a year when I was 7 years old. We went to the football every Saturday afternoon, after my game on a Saturday morning. I would sit on my Dad's shoulders whilst we stood on the terraces. I got to go to all the old suburban grounds and watched the Richmond Tigers win a lot of games that year. My favourite player was Jimmy Jess. The year? 1980! I remember my Dad being very nervous at three quarter time of the Grand Final that year when I kept saying "we've won, we've won"!

I spent a long time away from Victoria, but always followed the Tigers closely. I have fond memories of 1995 and 2001, my playing days overlapping with a few bursts of success for the mighty Tigers. On Grand Final day in 2017 the coverage at one point late in the game went to John "Swooper" Northey and I just about cried when I recognised him.

I have a family now. My children can choose to follow any team they want, but if they want to live in our house they have to follow Richmond. My middle child is the passionate one and she loves going to games with me. Because I couldn't get us all tickets for the 2017 GF, I chose to watch it at home with my family instead. The stakes were huge, more-so for me because the "in-law" side of the family are all big Adelaide supporters. Of course I wish I could have been there, but it was a very special day and I loved every moment of it (well, perhaps not the first 15 minutes). We might win a few more flags in my time, but 2017 will always be the special one for me.

The Richmond Football Club is in our blood. I look forward to going to games in the future with my adult kids and maybe one day grandchildren. That roar late in a big game on a cold day at the MCG - that's what gets me.

Dave P.

I would have been dead by suicide years ago if it weren’t for Richmond,they kept me going in very bleak periods of my life.

I wanted to make it in a rock band but failed and carry the regrets with me,been close two times only to be screwed by shoddy managers,my drumming is better than ever but I haven’t played in a band for 15 years now,was in the covers band Big Deal,drummer for Hobbs Angel Of Death,New Holland(Big Deals original band),Valanti (punk rock girl singer with musos from Newcastle who moved to Melbourne) and The Darling Buds(not the uk band) with Andrew Grant on vox.

Things have happened in my family that affected us all to the point
I nearly gave up on Richmond.

I’m not telling anyone about it and has nothing to do with me.

I have not been truly happy since and drink alot and get angry alot,I can cover it up very well with alcohol but also the Tiger mates I have made keep me going,even Flea always says hi in the 3121,Richmond look after everyone,no matter how helpless or dumb they are,that is the Gale influence.

But I became a Tiger in 74 when shown the back to back flag on the newspaper colour liftout,I did go to a Pies Blues game at Vic Park when very young but the teams did nothing for me,Richmond had larger than life heroes,KB and Sheeds stood out for me as a young kid when watching on a b and w tv then later I loved Jimmy Jess,Michael Roach then my all time hero Maurice Rioli,he was doing stuff that highly skillful players do now and he was tough also,was a very good boxer,it will be a dream when junior comes to Richmond like having Dan at the club,I was absolutely elated when we got him.

My first game was in ‘77 anzac game against Collingwood ,we got flogged,I stood up in the aisles of the northern stand.

Anyway,my mum is a Pie and she has been the backbone of our family,follows Richmond more now these days because of me.

Yellow and black,you never go back!

Hopefully one day I get back in a band but can’t see it happening,cheers.

Here’s me jamming away like a dh.

I would have been dead by suicide years ago if it weren’t for Richmond,they kept me going in very bleak periods of my life.

I wanted to make it in a rock band but failed and carry the regrets with me,been close two times only to be screwed by shoddy managers,my drumming is better than ever but I haven’t played in a band for 15 years now,was in the covers band Big Deal,drummer for Hobbs Angel Of Death,New Holland(Big Deals original band),Valanti (punk rock girl singer with musos from Newcastle who moved to Melbourne) and The Darling Buds(not the uk band) with Andrew Grant on vox.

I have not been truly happy since and drink alot and get angry alot,I can cover it up very well with alcohol but also the Tiger mates I have made keep me going,even Flea always says hi in the 3121,Richmond look after everyone,no matter how helpless or dumb they are,that is the Gale influence.

But I became a Tiger in 74 when shown the back to back flag on the newspaper colour liftout,I did go to a Pies Blues game at Vic Park when very young but the teams did nothing for me,Richmond had larger than life heroes,KB and Sheeds stood out for me as a young kid when watching on a b and w tv then later I loved Jimmy Jess,Michael Roach then my all time hero Maurice Rioli,he was doing stuff that highly skillful players do now and he was tough also,was a very good boxer,it will be a dream when junior comes to Richmond like having Dan at the club,I was absolutely elated when we got him.

My first game was in ‘77 anzac game against Collingwood ,we got flogged,I stood up in the aisles of the northern stand.

Anyway,my mum is a Pie and she has been the backbone of our family,follows Richmond more now these days because of me.

The speed of the drum sticks at times is mesmerizing, thanks heaps for sharing that!

I know we have a singer / guitarist amongst the board members here too, could form a BF band for a 1 night only show! ha ha.

Love all the membership lanyards hanging off the door too!

The speed of the drum sticks at times is mesmerizing, thanks heaps for sharing that!

I know we have a singer / guitarist amongst the board members here too, could form a BF band for a 1 night only show! ha ha.

Love all the membership lanyards hanging off the door too!

I am into old fuddy duddy stuff like Tull and the Oils lol.

Love old Aussie rock,Richard Clapton,Ariel,Spectrum,Thorpey,Oils of course,Skyhooks and Split Enz and some Chisel.

Looove jazz also especially the bebop stuff ,quintets,drums,double bass,piano,sax,trumpet.

Have bumped into Eamon McNellis a few times,took my lommy to a jazz gig first date and now she is hookedthat was nigh on ten years ago now.

Still try to look up Eamon McNellis ,he plays trumpet like a Dizzy Gillespie but with his own style.

We have a great underground jazz scene here in Melbourne.

Jun 26, 2007
Newcastle
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Avalanche, Nuggets

Thanks for your honesty, I love reading all these stories and hope you sharing is positive for you.

Firstly apologies if you are going to read this. The 'a' key on my keyboard is not working properly. There will be a lot of 'a's missing. I've tried to get them all.

I've just turned 49. My God where has the time gone.
My Dad barracked for Essendon and mum was Essendon too because of him but neither of them were passionate.
I remember vividly. I was 7 and for some reason I decided then and there that I would pick a club to support.
I sat in the middle of the loungeroom floor at our house on the farm in the Goulburn valley.
I also vividly remember deciding that i would choose between Carlton, Essendon and Richmond.
I'm not sure why but I chose Richmond. The year was 1977 and we had just gone through our late 60s and early 70s power years but I was oblivious to that.
I chose Richmond and have never waivered in 42 years.
I begged Dad to take me to a game. My first game was that year. He took me to Moorrabbin to see St Kilda vs Richmond. I still remember standing in the outer that day. The smell of tobacco from the pipes that were wafting over the ground, the crisp smell of the middle pages of the Footy Record.
We won that day, although my only real memory was Dad calling Mick Malthouse, Mick Shithouse.
Of course the stop on the way home a the Seymour burger stand was always a highlight. The days before bypasses and freeways,
a plain burger, a choc Big M and a White Knight.
By the time I was 10, Mum had been totally converted. She was now as passionate Richmond as I was.
We would spend Saturday afternoons together with the radio on. she would make casseroles and I would mark off each goal on a piece of paper while listening the game on radio.
later that night we would eat dinner as family and watch the Big League replay, much to my two sisters' annoyment.
Dad always kept barracking for the Bombers, but over the years, he developed a real soft spot for the Tigers.
he took me to many games. always Richmond.
The 1980 qualifying final, the second semi final. he never complained.
We couldn't get tickets to the 1980 GF. We watched on TV and I was over the moon. 10 years old and thinking this was the best thing ever.
In 1982 Dad again took me to both finals, but alas, we couldn't get grand final tickets. I was 12 now and the loss cut deep. I cried. Mum cried.
I was gutted, but there would be other chances yeah?
we all know the story.
The mid to late 80s were a disaster. The early 90s we nearly lost our club.
I remember giving $100 to Save Our skins, which in those days was a fair amount for a young bloke on a cadet journo's wages.
Living and working in Shepparton, I cuuld really only get to three or four games a year.
I knew the stationmaster at Shepp train station. A Melbourne fan. Great bloke. He'd go to the Dees games as well and when we were on the same train, we'd get a full first cabin on the way home and he'd buy a slab. I'd chuck him $10 and we'd sit there in our own cabin and drink, getting back to Shepp around 8.30pm.
In 1994 I decided to travel.
I spent the entire year travelling through Europe and settled in London where I lived and worked.
I missed the 1994 season, the year we went on that winning run and it looked like we were going make finals, only to lose our last two games.
I don't know what I would have done had we made.
there was no internet in 1994 and the only way I would keep up to date with the scores was through my beautiful grandfather who send me weekly newspaper clippings in the post.
The London Explorers Club also showed games on four day delay depending what video tapes were sent to them nd how long it took for them to get there.
I came back home midyear through 1995 and experience the delight of that season. The final loss against North, the win against Essendon and the flogging we received from Geelong in the prelim. Late in the lst term, the pro Richmond crowd started singing the theme song. The Geelong tried to block it out, but it was futile. Amazing.
Funnily enough Steven Tingay was with us that day. He was quickly developing a reputation as a very good young player for Melbourne. Being a Shepp boy he and the rest of us blokes were good mates. He'd go in to a very very good career. He said to me as we were leaving the ground that day: "Imagine if Richmond ever actually win a flag".
Another five years in the wilderness, 2001 was our next finals appearance.
Between 95 and 01, I had shacked up with my now wife, had a daughter.
2001 was weird. The win against Carlton was overshadowed by the World Trade Center attacks and there was a genuine fear of what may happen next next.
I never really considered going to Brisbne for the prelim. Travelling interstate for games wasn't really a thing back then like it is now. Plus, I don't think any of us expected to win.
Most on here will be young enough to remember the abyss we found ourselves in from 2002 onwards.
A string of failed coaches and poor recruiting.
My loved never waned, but my hope of seeing a premiership had.
I had never been to a grand final before. I had the chance to but it never seemed right. I only wanted to go if we made it.
We all know the gut wrenching strong of elimination finals losses.
It seemed like we were destined to forever be a sick joke.
In 2014 I was back in London on holiday and I got a call from Dad at 2am. Mum was dead. She collapsed on the loungeroom floor. To this day the coroner still can't tell the exact cause of death.
I put a Richmond jumper on Mum's coffin and they played the theme song at the end of the service.
a year later Dad was having back pain but that was not unusual. As a farmer and truck driver, he had battled a bad back most of his adult life.
But when he saw blood in the toilet bowl, he knew it was not good.
He lasted 10 months. he refused to feel sorry for himself, but on 23 april 2016, he lost his battle.
Fast forward now to the 2017 season.
we all know what happened.
we all celebrated in our special way.
I attended the grand final.
a week after the game I drove up to Mum's grave and had a beer with her.

22688582_888592664627584_5459235935066868830_n.jpg

Even though Dad was a Bombers fan, he would have been stoked.
We scattered his ashes around his favourite gum tree on the farm and I had a beer with him too.

22815283_892100857610098_226504790611699127_n.jpg

So that's pretty much story.
I said after 30 September 2017 that whatever happens now is just a bonus.

Last edited:
Firstly apologies if you are going to red this. The 'a' key on my keyboard is not working properly. There will be a lot of 'a's missing. I've tried to get them all.

My Dad barracked for Essendon and mum was Essendon too because of him but neither of them were pssionate.
I remember vividly. I was 7 and for some reason I decided then and there that I would pick a club to support.
I sat in the middle of the loungeroom floor at our house on the farm in the Goulburn valley.
I also vividly remember deciding that i would choose between Carlton, Essendon and Richmond.
I'm not sure why but I chose Richmond. The year was 1977 and we had just gone through our late 60s and early 70s power years but I was oblivious to that.
I begged Dad to take me to a game. My first game was that year. He took me to Moorrabbin to see St Kilda vs Richmond. I still remember standing int he outer that day. The smell of tobacco from the pipes that were wafting over the ground, the crisp smell of the middle pages of the Footy Record.
We won that day, although my only real memory was Dad calling Mick Malthouse, Mick Shithouse.
Of course the stop on the way home a the Seymour burger stand was always a highlight. The days before bypasses and freeways,
By the time I was 10, Mum had been totally converted. She was now as passionate Richmond as I was.
We would spend Saturday afternoons together with the radio on. she would make casseroles and I would mark off each goal on a piece of paper while listening the game on radio.
later that night we would eat dinner as family and watch the Big League replay, much to my two sisters' annoyment.
Dad always kept barracking for the Bombers, but over the years, he developed a real soft spot for the Tigers.
he took me to many gaames. always Richmond.
We couldn't get tickets to the 1980 GF. We watched on TV and I was over the moon. 10 years old and thinking this was the best thing ever.
In 1982 Dad again took me to both finals, but alas, we couldn't get grand final tickets. I was 12 now and the loss cut deep. I cried. Mum cried.
we all know the story.
I remember giving $100 to Save Our skins, which in those days was a fair amount for a young bloke on a cadet journo's wages.
Living and working in Shepparton, I culd really only get to three or four games a year.
I knew the stationmaster at Shepp train station. A Melbourne fan. Great bloke. He'd go to the Dees games as well and when we were on the same train, we'd get a full first cabin on the way home and he'd buy a slab. I'd chuck him $10 and we'd sit there in our own cabin and drink, getting back to Shepp around 8.30pm.
I spent the entire year travelling through Europe and settled in London where I lived and worked.
I missed the 1994 season, the year we went on that winning run and it looked like we were going make finals, only to lose our last two games.
there was no internet in 1994 and the only way I would keep up to date with the scores was through my beautiful grandfather who send me weekly newspaper clippings in the post.
The London Explorers Club also showed games on four day delay depending what video tapes were sent to them nd how long it took for them to get there.
I came back home midyear through 1995 and experience the delight of that season. The final loss against North, the win against Essendon and the flogging we received from Geelong in the prelim. Late in the lst term, the pro Richmond crowd started singing the theme song. The Geelong tried to block it out, but it was futile. Amazing.
2001 was weird. The win against Carlton was overshadowed by the World Trade Center attacks and there was a genuine fear of what may happen next next.
I never really considered going to Brisbne for the prelim. Travelling interstate for games wasn't really a thing back then like it is now. Plus, I don't think any of us expected to win.
Most on here will be young enough to remember the abyss we found ourselves in from 2002 onwards.
I had never been to a grand final before. I had the chance to but it never seemed right. I only wanted to go if we made it.
We all know the gut wrenching strong of elimintaion finals losses.
In 2014 I was back in London on holiday and I got a call from Dad at 2am. Mum was dead. She collapsed on the loungeroom floor. To this day the coroner still can't tell the exact cause of death.
I put a Richmond jumper on Mum's coffin and they played the theme song at the end of the service.
a year later Dad was having back pain but that was not unusual. As a farmer and truck driver, he had battled a bad back most of his adult life.
He lasted 10 months. he refused to feel sorry for himself, but on 23 april 2016, he lost his battle.

View attachment 656626

We scattered his ashes around his favourite game tree on the farm and I had a beer with him too.

View attachment 656628

Mate I'm not sure what else to say other than thank you for sharing, touching story :)

Tigerbob68

????????????
May 19, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Firstly apologies if you are going to read this. The 'a' key on my keyboard is not working properly. There will be a lot of 'a's missing. I've tried to get them all.

My Dad barracked for Essendon and mum was Essendon too because of him but neither of them were passionate.
I begged Dad to take me to a game. My first game was that year. He took me to Moorrabbin to see St Kilda vs Richmond. I still remember standing in the outer that day. The smell of tobacco from the pipes that were wafting over the ground, the crisp smell of the middle pages of the Footy Record.
we all know the story.
Living and working in Shepparton, I cuuld really only get to three or four games a year.

View attachment 656626

We scattered his ashes around his favourite game tree on the farm and I had a beer with him too.

View attachment 656628

You've pretty much just brought me to tears with the last few paragraphs and pics!
My Mum started coming to games in 2005 and for a few years was a full member. She came to the '13 and '15 losing finals. 2017 was the first year for ages she didn't come to any games so I often joke with her that it was her holding us back!!! Wasn't any hope of taking her to the GF with me but I still know when I watch the replay EXACTLY when I rang her and tried to talk to her. I told her I can't speak but just let her hear the crowd noise. It was right when Dusty missed a shot on goal in the last then kicked the goal.
My Dad is actually the reason my whole family barracks for Richmond and on GF day he wouldn't watch the game with her because he says he couldn't handle the stress!!! Mum got him into the lounge after I rang and there was a few minutes to go.
Thanks for your awesome story mate!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Monjike

Team Captain
Mar 31, 2013
1950's newstand at Richmond Station.
AFL Club
Richmond
We lived in Lennox Street when Richmond had a Greek flavour to it, especially the fish and chip shop on Swan Street that had water running down the window. Minimum chips back then was threepence and flake was huge. We lived in Lennox Street opposite the London tavern and we used to watch the drunks come out after 6pm and on Sunday mornings we could still smell the spew and the beer that lay in puddles on the footpath. Sometimes there was broken glass and blood.
My dad had a news stand at Richmond station and my brothers and I sold Footy Records on Saturday mornings,we each had our own platform.Crowds would go to Punt Road Oval and the MCG. we used to crawl under the fence and watch the game. The Tigers were not very good in the late 50's and early 60's but we had heroes like Ronny Branton, Roger Dean and Neville Crowe. After the game we collected bottles in a hessian sack and sold them to the local milk bar on Swan Street. Sometimes we would find a pie cart that had a few warm unsold pies left over and we would have them for dinner. If there wasn't a game on at Punt Road we would go to the MCG at 3/4 time when Melbourne won most of the time. Of course we hated Collingwood but did not know why. We lived in poverty by today's standards but had a rich life.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond

we all know the story.

View attachment 656626

View attachment 656628

that's a special tree bearing witness to the lives around it, ppl should respect trees waaaaaay more.

FYI, for emergencies...like say your keyboard had somehow been spontaneously sucked into a black hole, just open up windows explorer, in

C:\Windows\System32

doubleclick on osk.exe

it gives you a virtual on screen keyboard that you can click with mouse.

Not really a story of how i became a supporter but a good tiger story nevertheless so thought id share.

Think it was around 2010 we hadn’t one a game that year my old man decided to take me on my first road trip as a kid to adelaide.

Think we went across on the friday and were looking for a place to eat in shitty hindley street that night. We were walking down the street and eventually bumped into some of the tiger boys getting a feed on a table outside.

My dad immediately stopped and said boys we’ve come across to watch you tomorrow. And anyway jack said to us well we better have a win for you.

We rock up the next day to football park and it poured down rain. My dad somehow managed to pick seats right near the port members seating. Both of us are very vocal at the footy and as you can imagine it didnt sit well with those ferals.

As the day went on somehow the luckless tigers went on to win that slog of a game. Im pretty sure it was hardwicks first win as coach.

As the siren went we ran down to the fence and were the only tigers fans really in the area. Jack spotted us and ran over giving me a signed ball and when he got closer he remembered we were the fans from last night.

Giving us a hug he said ‘i told you we’d have a win’

Something small but a great memory for me personally!

Smasha one thing Ive always wondered about drummers is - are you playing the drums in your mind slightly before smashing the drums? I know that sounds logical but it’s almost if you’ve laid down the track in your mind as to how it should be ideally and when you play you’re getting as close to that as possible? Almost like visualising in real time what it should be.

It’s just practising different stickings of rudiments until they become second nature,it takes time though.

The ole paradiddle rlrr lrll can be inverted rllr lrrl and polar opposite rrlr llrl then you can combine singles rlrl or doubles as well rlrl rrll lrlr llrr,then there is flamming of those notes which is putting a soft note just before an accented note lR rL so they sound like one.

At a basic level,drums are quite simple but because you are dealing with maths in a way,the possibilities are endless ,not quite as much theory as learning the myriad of scales and techniques on guitar but drumming is a very physical instrument,keeps me fit and sane.

I used an old book called stick control,it’s pretty much the bible of hand technique.

I was too thin to be good at sports lol but used to bang away on plastic ice cream containers with spoons at a very early age so my dear mum took me to drum lessons.

Last edited:

roacheee

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Aug 25, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond

We should have a jam some day

Punt rd end

67🏆69🏆73🏆74🏆80🏆17🏆19🏆20🏆
Nov 25, 2015
Shane Warne Stand
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL Richmond VFLW AFLW
My Great Grandfather opened a bootmaker in Church st Richmond around 1906 and moved into that premises but lived in Richmond since the late 1800s. My Grandfather went to St Ignatius, played footy and ended up playing for Richmond for 4 seasons, later he would become VP of the reserves and serve on the committee. My uncle played in the Richmond reserves around 1942 and later his son (my cousin) started playing for Richmond and worked his way up from the age of 16 to the 1sts. He played with Bourke, Bartlett, Malthouse, Lee, Strachan, Cloke, Keane etc so it was a hard team to break into. A knee injury killed his career.

Edit. My Grandfather would let a young Charlie Callander carry his bag into the club on training nights and Saturdays so he didn't have to pay. The rest is history and Charlie never forgot it. My cousin said that Charlie always made sure he had new socks for games lol.

I have only ever known 1 team

EDIT: Rhett Bartlett informed me that my Great Grandfather's brother played for Richmond from 1885 to 1886 so four generations of RFC players

We are not bandwagoners :p

Last edited:

Punt rd end

67🏆69🏆73🏆74🏆80🏆17🏆19🏆20🏆
Nov 25, 2015
Shane Warne Stand
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
We came to Australia in 1966 being a Greek kid living in Box Hill was pretty tough I started going to the footy in 67 to a few games more in 68: Billy Barrot was my hero saw the grand final in 69, 72,73 74 and 80, 82 from 73 used to sit in the old northern stand bottom tier directly behind KBs mum, dad and sister, as I got older old Arthur who sat next to me used to take me to the away games as well, then when I started to drive took him, from 79 till 85 we missed only one game as I was travelling interstate to play in a soccer tournament, it was 1980 we were playing south and lost just before the finals , sticks in the memory as on the bus ride back my mate Paul and I were listening to it on the radio and all we could say they will come back, they will come back.

In 82 Helen started two rows in front of us nice arse and she was a contortionist at the crazy horse in Adelaide , was there with Arthur, and my little sister, pretty quiet drive home, I have seen us play everywhere apart from punt road and the junction oval.

In 85 I went to New Guinea but still retained and paid for my membership, came home and watched them a few times, in 87 I came down , we were playing Footscray and I arrived just before the game, sat down in my seat, this was before reserved seating , the people around you kept your seat, and Mrs B turned around and said you been away a couple of weeks, it was two years at that stage.

My sisters both are tigers, one nephew, the other one supports the scum ,I don’t know how that happened, my son and his two boys are all tigers, my ex was a swans but when she met me switched, my daughter who hates footy is a tiger, my mum is a tiger, dad followed the dorks.

My current lady has a soft spot for us, in 2013. I was in Australia and whilst watching the game against free , I burst into tears , she being a Queensland lass said what’s wrong with you, I said I never believed we would play finals again, and to top it all in 2017, I came down for the cats game, and cried,

I have met some great people on BF, and it’s great to be part of such a great family, my only regret is never meeting Shaza/Groupie or whatever name he goes under, but to the people I have met a toast to all
I grew up in Box Hill as well, in Blackburn south now. If you are on facebook there is a "I grew up in Box Hill" page you might like it

Punt rd end

67🏆69🏆73🏆74🏆80🏆17🏆19🏆20🏆
Nov 25, 2015
Shane Warne Stand
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
I wish we had more footage of that time. I remember someone showing highlights on this board of our 60s success and it was incredible. The standard of the footy, no s**t was awesome. We’ve lost something in this game.
The biff lol

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
My Great Grandfather opened a bootmaker in Church st Richmond around 1906 and moved into that premises but lived in Richmond since the late 1800s. My Grandfather went to St Ignatius, played footy and ended up playing for Richmond for 4 seasons, later he would become VP of the reserves and serve on the committee. My uncle played in the Richmond reserves around 1942 and later his son (my cousin) started playing for Richmond and worked his way up from the age of 16 to the 1sts. He played with Bourke, Bartlett, Malthouse, Lee, Strachan, Cloke, Keane etc so it was a hard team to break into. A knee injury killed his career.

I have only ever known 1 team
C'mon you can't leave us hanging, who are they ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back