Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
Who did you say?

I wrote the best Deffenders out for our best 22.
He said Lever didnt count becausde he isnt back. Right now.
Went with Jetta May Pig
Lewis Hore Salem
however idealy we would have Lever and May in the Backline without Frost Omac and Lewis

He prefers Maxxy coming down back for his height and Ability to fill the hole and take the intercept marks.

The premier league finish to the season is immense.

2 teams battling it out for the title that in almost any other year would both comfortably be winners.

The last 2 champions league spots is a 4 way battle (If Arsenal win or draw tomorrow they will all be with 3 points of each other)

1555296633379.png

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
The premier league finish to the season is immense.

2 teams battling it out for the title that in almost any other year would both comfortably be winners.

The last 2 champions league spots is a 4 way battle (If Arsenal win or draw tomorrow they will all be with 3 points of each other)

View attachment 655079

Here's hoping that Liverpool slip up yet again. Hopefully both Man City and Liverpool win all their remaining games - imagine finishing the season with 97 points and its only good enough for the runner up slot...

Here's hoping that Liverpool slip up yet again. Hopefully both Man City and Liverpool win all their remaining games - imagine finishing the season with 97 points and its only good enough for the runner up slot...
I was in Europe this time 5 years ago.

I was at the Liverpool v Man City game on the 25 year Hillsborough anniversary that Liverpool won 3-2. The city was pumping that night.

I remember ending up at this oldtime underground bar that night. A few blokes refused to let me pay for a drink that night. There were two old blokes who were cousins that were in tears telling me that they had not been to a Liverpool game in 25 years since they lost a brother/cousin at Hillsborough and were there that day. They were telling me they were going to the Chelsea game the following fortnight, their first game in 25 years. I always think of those poor bastards and how they would have felt after Gerrard slipped

Talk about going from extacy to agony

Last edited:

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I was in Europe this time 5 years ago.

I was at the Liverpool v Man City game on the 25 year Hillsborough anniversary that Liverpool won 3-2.

Then two weeks later I was on a cruise through the Mediterranean. Made my mrs pull up shop on a Greek island early so we could get back on board to watch the infamous Liverpool v Chelsea game. The city was pumping that night.

I remember ending up at this oldtime underground bar that night. A few blokes refused to let me pay for a drink that night. There were two old blokes who were cousins that were in tears telling me that they had not been to a Liverpool game in 25 years since they lost a brother/cousin at Hillsborough and were there that day. They were telling me they were going to the Chelsea game the following fortnight, their first game in 25 years. I always think of those poor bastards and how they would have felt after Gerrard slipped

Talk about going from extacy to agony

You're almost going to force me to revise my long-held belief that all Liverpool supporters are annoying campaigners. Almost!

I know too many Liverpool supporting friends to want to see you blokes win anything at all, but I guess those old fellas finally getting some satisfaction might take a bit of the sourness out of it. The bloke I share an office with is a mad Liverpool supporter and he's already been told to find another site to work at if you campaigners do happen to win the title.

You're almost going to force me to revise my long-held belief that all Liverpool supporters are annoying campaigners. Almost!

I know too many Liverpool supporting friends to want to see you blokes win anything at all, but I guess those old fellas finally getting some satisfaction might take a bit of the sourness out of it. The bloke I share an office with is a mad Liverpool supporter and he's already been told to find another site to work at if you campaigners do happen to win the title.
Your right. There is a lot of Richmond about Liverpool supporters in general (myself excluded obviously).

The Liverpool supporters especially the older ones over in Liverpool are a lot different to a lot of the flogs over here

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Your right. There is a lot of Richmond about Liverpool supporters in general (myself excluded obviously).

The Liverpool supporters especially the older ones over in Liverpool are a lot different to a lot of the flogs over here

When a team finishes so far infront of the rest like Man City it's obvious why the league winners are champions but this year you just wonder how awesome a final at Wembley between the 2 would be.

When a team finishes so far infront of the rest like Man City it's obvious why the league winners are champions but this year you just wonder how awesome a final at Wembley between the 2 would be.
If both teams win out I think there would have only been 2 or 3 teams in the history of the premier league finish with more points than both teams.

If City win out, they would have won their last 14 premier league matches. That kind of record deserves the title.

However if Liverpool win out, they would have only lost 1 game in 38. That type of form obviously deserves the title as well

Crazy, crazy finish to the season

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
If both teams win out I think there would have only been 2 or 3 teams in the history of the premier league finish with more points than both teams.

If City win out, they would have won their last 14 premier league matches. That kind of record deserves the title.

However if Liverpool win out, they would have only lost 1 game in 38. That type of form obviously deserves the title as well

Crazy, crazy finish to the season

Yeah people will say Klopp doesn't win enough trophys or some crap like that but to take that Liverpool side and potentially only lose one game for the season is a stunning effort, taking them to the CL final last year was a stunning effort. How unlucky for him to be coaching this side at the same time as probably the best premier league side ever.

Yeah people will say Klopp doesn't win enough trophys or some crap like that but to take that Liverpool side and potentially only lose one game for the season is a stunning effort, taking them to the CL final last year was a stunning effort. How unlucky for him to be coaching this side at the same time as probably the best premier league side ever.
Yeah the trophy thing is bullshit a bit like how they are starting to bring that up with Pochentino.

A Europa cup final, A champions league final in the last 2 years. With this year a realistic chance of making another Champions league final and a premiers league title.

But if he wins either of them this year the same people who say he doesn't win enough silverware will start saying that he only won a trophy because of the cash he spent. While ignoring that cash was all funded by the selling of Coutinho. Who those people once again said Liverpool would be no good without and couldn't afford to sell!

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Yeah the trophy thing is bullshit a bit like how they are starting to bring that up with Pochentino.

A Europa cup final, A champions league final in the last 2 years. With this year a realistic chance of making another Champions league final and a premiers league title.

But if he wins either of them this year the same people who say he doesn't win enough silverware will start saying that he only won a trophy because of the cash he spent. While ignoring that cash was all funded by the selling of Coutinho. Who those people once again said Liverpool would be no good without and couldn't afford to sell!

Yeah I'd honestly argue Liverpool's starting XI isn't that much better than Manyoos but they are a much better team. Your midfield 3 on paper wouldn't be top 10 in the world.

Klopp is a genius, I don't think any other manager in the world gets more out of that team. Same with Poch, no other manager gets more out of that team.

Yeah I'd honestly argue Liverpool's starting XI isn't that much better than Manyoos but they are a much better team. Your midfield 3 on paper wouldn't be top 10 in the world.

Klopp is a genius, I don't think any other manager in the world gets more out of that team. Same with Poch, no other manager gets more out of that team.
There is alot of depth through the middle of the park (Hendo. Milner, Fabinho, Keita, Wijnaldum) but your right, none of them are stars. They would all be squad rotation players at the other big European clubs.

The chemistry between the front three is amazing, mostly unselfish and their one two passing between each other is amazing at times. Even more impressive that they were all bought for modest fees.

The thing that has shown how great a manager Klopp is, is the way he has altered the teams style of play from last year. Yes they still press high against teams but the frantic attacking style of last season has been replaced with a more defensive counter attacking style. The other thing is that Klopp will breed youngsters in his teams which is something very few of the other big managers will ever do.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
There is alot of depth through the middle of the park (Hendo. Milner, Fabinho, Keita, Wijnaldum) but your right, none of them are stars. They would all be squad rotation players at the other big European clubs.

The chemistry between the front three is amazing, mostly unselfish and their one two passing between each other is amazing at times. Even more impressive that they were all bought for modest fees.

The thing that has shown how great a manager Klopp is, is the way he has altered the teams style of play from last year. Yes they still press high against teams but the frantic attacking style of last season has been replaced with a more defensive counter attacking style. The other thing is that Klopp will breed youngsters in his teams which is something very few of the other big managers will ever do.

One thing that's always made me stay a little distant from soccer is the crazy overreaction over scorelines. There's no other game on earth where you can go out and basically do nothing for the whole game and then score a set piece late and it be hailed a tactical masterclass. While the other coach who's side put up 25 shots and hits the bar 3 times 'cracked under pressure'

Utd against PSG was pure luck, not in the slightest good coaching. Guarantee Guadiola will now be a failure due to a VAR decision despite clearly coaching the best side in the world.

It's like 1-0 Liverpool game against Everton. Before Pickford drops the ball on origis head it's a flat Liverpool performance and the pressure is getting to them, after he drops it it's the 'win of a champion team'

One thing that's always made me stay a little distant from soccer is the crazy overreaction over scorelines. There's no other game on earth where you can go out and basically do nothing for the whole game and then score a set piece late and it be hailed a tactical masterclass. While the other coach who's side put up 25 shots and hits the bar 3 times 'cracked under pressure'

Utd against PSG was pure luck, not in the slightest good coaching. Guarantee Guadiola will now be a failure due to a VAR decision despite clearly coaching the best side in the world.

It's like 1-0 Liverpool game against Everton. Before Pickford drops the ball on origis head it's a flat Liverpool performance and the pressure is getting to them, after he drops it it's the 'win of a champion team'
I totally agree with you.

The counter argument is that is what can make it so exciting. That is why a premier league team can go to play a 4th division team in the FA cup and that 4th division team could possibly win. They might play boring as * football and park the bus but they could possibly win.

In the other two equivalent team sports I follow NFL and AFL, there is no chance that teams 4 grades below the top tear could even keep the game close for a quarter let alone fluke a win.

Having said all of that I very rarely watch a full game of soccer that doesn't involve Liverpool (I tend to lose interest quickly). Of course this mornings game was an exception.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I totally agree with you.

The counter argument is that is what can make it so exciting. That is why a premier league team can go to play a 4th division team in the FA cup and that 4th division team could possibly win. They might play boring as **** football and park the bus but they could possibly win.

In the other two equivalent team sports I follow NFL and AFL, there is no chance that teams 4 grades below the top tear could even keep the game close for a quarter let alone fluke a win.

Having said all of that I very rarely watch a full game of soccer that doesn't involve Liverpool (I tend to lose interest quickly). Of course this mornings game was an exception.

Aw yeah like fair play to the sport and ability to defend and score on the counter, it's more the way people talk about it.

Away to PSG united set up 11 behind the ball and just hoped. They got a lucky back pass, Buffon dropping a regulation free kick and a shot going into the stadium as a penalty yet Solskjaer was a tactical genius. I say bullshit, PSG were all over an and the only different between that and the Barcelona 3-0 was luck. Barca didn't make 3 horrendous mistakes and they played them of the park yet when I posted this on the soccer forum I just got straight abuse saying i don't understand the brilliant pressing plan like every other manager couldn't have told his front 2 to press

Aw yeah like fair play to the sport and ability to defend and score on the counter, it's more the way people talk about it.

Away to PSG united set up 11 behind the ball and just hoped. They got a lucky back pass, Buffon dropping a regulation free kick and a shot going into the stadium as a penalty yet Solskjaer was a tactical genius. I say bullshit, PSG were all over an and the only different between that and the Barcelona 3-0 was luck. Barca didn't make 3 horrendous mistakes and they played them of the park yet when I posted this on the soccer forum I just got straight abuse saying i don't understand the brilliant pressing plan like every other manager couldn't have told his front 2 to press
that game was more about PSG ******* up than United winning it.

Went to Gawn's wine Bar last Friday. Solid little joint to have a beer at. The area has been crying out for a place like that for ages. Only other spots to get a drink in Hawthorn East are complete pokies driven dives.

Anyway, Gawn and Tmac were there having a beer and being constantly bothered by random patrons, still gave everyone who approached them plenty of time.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Went to Gawn's wine Bar last Friday. Solid little joint to have a beer at. The area has been crying out for a place like that for ages. Only other spots to get a drink in Hawthorn East are complete pokies driven dives.

Anyway, Gawn and Tmac were there having a beer and being constantly bothered by random patrons, still gave everyone who approached them plenty of time.
where is it btw?

I've been guilty of bothering both Gawn and Tmac as a random in the past. Both are amazing about handling it. Tommy in particular - he's just a great guy. Makes such a difference when you talk to someone and they really act like they are listening to what you are saying and give a s**t. Especially since I was about the 50th person to come up to him that day. Naturally decent guy. I also like that he looks terrifying like a prison escapee psychopath on the field so it comes as a real surprise that he can be chatty and friendly (though I know that his true character is prison escapee psycho - which make it all the more impressive)

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Camberwell Rd, across from the Rivoli cinema. East End Wine bar.
Great. Thanks. I have some extra days off in the Easter to Anzac Day week so I reckon its a good time to go and check out the new bar and show a bit of support to an emerging business and all. I'm a bit jealous though because I think I'm unlikely to find Gawn and TMac in situ.

Great. Thanks. I have some extra days off in the Easter to Anzac Day week so I reckon its a good time to go and check out the new bar and show a bit of support to an emerging business and all. I'm a bit jealous though because I think I'm unlikely to find Gawn and TMac in situ.

Depends how we play on Saturday afternoon...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Kicked my first goal this afternoon in Bonnie Doon, got 2 for the day

Beat them by 30 or 40 goals, did you? Their reserves team does nothing but cop hidings from recent memory. Didn't they lose a game by 300 odd a few years back?

Beat them by 30 or 40 goals, did you? Their reserves team does nothing but cop hidings from recent memory. Didn't they lose a game by 300 odd a few years back?
Their seniors was the one that got done by 328 last year round 1. They're a bit better this season, their seniors this year got ours by a goal today. Goorambat will be the spooners this season in both 1s and 2s

We only won by about 20 points, but we were the better side. But truth be told after a year and bit playing as a forward it's a relief just to finally break that duck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back