Universal Love IT WAS FUN NOT HAVING A LID IN 2019 - BUT GWS AND RICHMOND NAILED THE 2020 LID BACK ON

Is the Lid now “OFFICIALLY” off?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It's been rough, being separated from this forum for 2 days - I have missed charging about in here without my lid - it's hard to be lidless on Twitter, although I have given it a good LION go :D

Fun things to have learnt - there are TWO collective nouns for a group of LIONS - a pride, which we all knew....but the OTHER is from Arabic and is a SAWT of LIONS.

SAWT, in Arabic, means....VOICE!!!

SO WHEN THE CROWD ROAR AT THE BLACK AND WHITE TRASH LITTERING OUR OVAL ON THURSDAY NIGHT, IT IS THE PRIDE WITH VOICE!! :D

I just said something similar in the game preview thread. After this weekend we have a couple of good months in terms of the draw. If we beat the Filth tomorrow night plenty of lids will be off after people study our draw.

Last edited:
The lid will be off at the Darby hotel in Fitzroy as I, and a Serafini or two, will be cheering on the mighty Lions.

Come along and look out for the bloke with the beanie (40 odd years old) with the hand knitted jumper who is throwing his socks at the TV.

Go Lions

It seems that since the key forwards have been marking them, that our general form has dropped. The small forwards have been getting less crumb and maybe losing touch? Charlie squandered 3 gimmes last week and I could imagine that would put you a few percent off your defensive game.

The lid will be off at the Darby hotel in Fitzroy as I, and a Serafini or two, will be cheering on the mighty Lions.

Come along and look out for the bloke with the beanie (40 odd years old) with the hand knitted jumper who is throwing his socks at the TV.

Go Lions

I shall be here on the Fraser Coast, with Royboy Soren Lorenson in his early 80's Fitzroy scarf and me with my 1997 Lions one, cheering all the action as we watch the game on my computer and fighting off the odd mozzie or 3.

* the Pies. * de Goey. * the lot of 'em. Trash footy club, always has been, always will be.

Even if we lose tonight we will be 3-2 having faced the two grand finalists and then 3 teams that won 12 games and just missed the finals last year. Maybe Norf are pretty bad but I think we would all have been delighted with that at the start of the year.

Lid's still off even with a loss.

With 2 very winnable games to come after that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look at this Pie muppet in our game thread.....comes in, all caps, I rawr at him, and he squeaks like a ******* mouse.

Men of straw.

That's the way sausages , we are bad asses, go hard and don't spare their uncles either , NO PRISONERS!!!!!!.

Honestly...WTF is with these wimps? You charge onto our board, get eaten, then say "awww, but it's friendly banter!"

I WAS BEING FRIENDLY YOU MUPPET :D I didn't swear, I didn't threaten - I just responded. I didn't add a smiley face, because I wasn't smiling.

Whaddya expect? Everyone here to bow down and worship you? Make you feel fluffy?

#thisissparta

:D

With 2 very winnable games to come after that.
I would put us as strong favourites in every game up until the bye at least.

@ Gold Coast - better this year but an easy fixture so far
v Sydney - p***weak
@ Bulldogs - meh
v Adelaide - trainwreck
@ Fremantle - Ross Lyon is now thinking about playing Hogan down back :drunk:
v Hawthorn - got the wood on them
@ Carlton - "green shoots" vs already playing football

BYE

@ St Kilda - better this year but an easy fixture so far
v Melbourne - remains to be seen if they can sort their stuff out
@ GWS - tough game.
@ Port - tough game.
v North - don't think they'll finish last on the ladder
@ Hawthorn - got the wood on them
v Bulldogs - meh
v Gold Coast - probably worn out by here
v Geelong - tough game.
@ Richmond - I figure they'll have sorted themselves out by here

So yeah, lids off, get your finals tix, etc.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...gest-home-game-since-fev-20190418-p51fef.html

Plenty to play for tonight. Crapped out pants last weekend in front of a biggish crowd at the MCG. Need to justify all the lids in deep space tonight.

Must win!

I still believe the players probably had the Pies game on their minds heading into last week which messed with their mindset/causing the lapse. The beautiful thing is it was a valuable lesson and one I think they've learned from.

Back