Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

Holy ****!! Really testing the core functionality there. He's much further along than I would have expected.

Ah, he's actually going to play again, and quite possibly this year.

Just, wow.

Did all the hard work then dropped a sitter.

Seriously though, this is hard to believe. He doesn't even seem to have lost much of his lean mass.

Were the extent of his injuries overblown by the media? Or is this a miracle-style recovery?

AS great as that looks I think he'd have a long way to go.

I hope the club has all the data from incident to playing. Would be a very interesting case studies and one that would be of interest internationally.

Wouldn't even help much for others considering he has freak genetics.

The bloke is told he SHOULDN'T be lifting weights for fear he gets too big, the fact he's also lost zero to no muscle even from his legs is crazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't even help much for others considering he has freak genetics.

The bloke is told he SHOULDN'T be lifting weights for fear he gets too big, the fact he's also lost zero to no muscle even from his legs is crazy.
Thankfully scientists don't look at things and just say "well can't explain that...just freak genetics". It's about learning how he went from point A to Z. What happened during so it can be broken down and potentially used in future cases.

Thankfully scientists don't look at things and just say "well can't explain that...just freak genetics". It's about learning how he went from point A to Z. What happened during so it can be broken down and potentially used in future cases.
If we can grab anything about wolverine like regeneration that'd be neat.

Thankfully scientists don't look at things and just say "well can't explain that...just freak genetics".

Actually mate, they do say that occasionally.

Actually mate, they do say that occasionally.
I've literally never heard a researcher worth a nickel say this unless they were speaking to a lay audience - even then you would give your own theories or opinions. Just your typical "wow that phelps is a genetic freak" that appear on blogs or websites - I'd be disappointed if it appeared in 'the conversation'. Especially in human biology, anatomy, and physiology. Maybe if it isn't your speciality, but please show me the journal articles that conclude with that? It's why there are 'Future research/directions' sections with theories and rationale behind them.

If our head of sports science Tania Gallo went to a conference to discuss the rehabilitation of Majak Daw and summed it up as 'freak genetics with no explanation' she would get booed off the stage.

I've literally never heard a researcher worth a nickel say this unless they were speaking to a lay audience - even then you would give your own theories or opinions. Just your typical "wow that phelps is a genetic freak" that appear on blogs or websites - I'd be disappointed if it appeared in 'the conversation'. Especially in human biology, anatomy, and physiology. Maybe if it isn't your speciality, but please show me the journal articles that conclude with that? It's why there are 'Future research/directions' sections with theories and rationale behind them.

If our head of sports science Tania Gallo went to a conference to discuss the rehabilitation of Majak Daw and summed it up as 'freak genetics with no explanation' she would get booed off the stage.

I'm referring to actual proper scientists (immunologists, geneticists, molecular biologists etc.), not phys. ed. graduates.

I don't know the extent of Majak's initial injury. I was told he was in a very bad way after the fall, and was close to death, so I assumed it was something along the lines of a pelvic "open book" type fracture resulting in compromise to the iliac artery. That's why my initial thoughts were that he probably wouldn't play again. It's great to see him up & about and already doing light training, but you should know that this is no indication of anything, in regards to playing AFL footy again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back