Game Day Brisbane Lions v Collingwood, Round 5 2019, April 18, 7.35pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What a way to reward a sell out crowd! There was an opportunity to draw a line in the sand and reclaim some territory. Epic fail

That was actually quite embarrassing.

Outsiders or not that was pretty painful. We are too easy to stop in attack and too slow in defense. Just flood the corridor and we can't score, and pies make our defense look like auskick

I have been as positive as anyone about us over the last 18 months. I'm sick of sitting through garbage like this, we've been dealing with this crap for 9 years. Effort is a non negotiable and the last two weeks have been completely and utterly not good enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the upside - we are getting flogged by the runner-up of last year, when we came 17th.

Lots to be positive about, but I think I'm probably alone in that sentiment right now.

By the way, Pies win the Beams trade by a very significant margin.

Lot of water to go under that bridge I would've thought.

No point getting down about it we're just not up to it tonight.

What's been staring the coaches in the face has to be addressed.

Matho ,Lyons too slow . McStay a bit player at best ,no forward target.

Getting smashed out of the middle.

Really impressed by Berry. Stans up under pressure every time

If a couple of 50/50s didn't go against us in the first half (ball hit the post, umpire in the way, soft free kicks), we stick in the game and we don't drop our heads in the second. We've only really been outplayed in the second half. Collingwood are an insanely good team on paper - we will win plenty of games this year.

There were clear signs we aren’t as good as we thought we were in the Port game but stealing the 4 points wallpapered over a lot of cracks for a few fans.
Based on the lack of changes in personnel and tactics I don't think that's been recognised by the coaching staff. It's one thing to continue to show faith in players when you don't have much else to go to, another entirely to accept sub-standard performance from fringe players.
This is a major setback I think. Not so much on field, more off field. Fair chance we won’t get this fixture again next year. Also a fair chance this will convince the casual fans we’re still no good.
The club's PR department will do its job etc., but at some point a certain amount of promotion means you have to put your money where your mouth is or risk become a laughing stock. We've embarrassed ourselves tonight and now have to win next week. Convincingly.
Nah. We curtailed Grundy's influence in the first half but he's got away now. There's no point trying to limit him if our midfield can't stand up, and they've been badly exposed all night. Zorko and various others (Lyons and Mathieson have been shocking) in at centre bounces over the clearly superior Berry has been a problem since the North game and we've done nothing about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back