Certified Legendary Thread Delusional Pearlers IV

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the afl site claiming that groomers is the best one on one defender in the comp. Calle hooker says hi
‘Calle’ is either a deliberate clever subtle nickname slipped in there for Hooker or else is a wonderfully appropriate typo. Calle is Spanish for street, hence; Street Hooker...

This is how I will refer to him henceforth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Sachin>Bradman now

I am okay with that to be honest.

Tendulkar would have averaged 200 in Bradmans day in my opinion. Also Tendulkar had to play against more opposition and in different conditions. Bradmans basically played against England and that is it.

But it is really an unfair comparison because cricket is a completely different game.

Tendulkar would have averaged 200 in Bradmans day in my opinion. Also Tendulkar had to play against more opposition and in different conditions. Bradmans basically played against England and that is it.

But it is really an unfair comparison because cricket is a completely different game.
Bradman averaged about 40 runs better than the next best of his era in those conditions you mention. Does Sachin elevate himself above his own contemporaries in the same way? The idea of Tendulkar being rated above Bradman is as absurd as you can find in sport. I don’t think there would be another sport in the world that has a player that far ahead of any other as cricket does.

Depending on your interpretation of the ‘billiard’ ball, Walter Lindrum can be considered a bit stiff too. I take it that Sportbible is not an Australian entity.
I have no idea about Billiards so I stay away from it

Nah, Tendulkar isn't even the best player of his era IMO (I'd have Lara, Kallis and Sangakkara ahead). Bradman had to deal with uncovered pitches that most of the time suited bowlers. Bradman would average 150 in the current era, given how much easier it is to bat on.

If there's one GOAT that is universal, it's Bradman. Statistically there is no such disparity in world sport than him to everyone else.

the only thing more tedious then the game of cricket itself is argueing about who is better from completely different eras.

There’s no argument.

Bradman is better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back