Scape Goat I've lost my faith in Ken Hinkley Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
wvxb1mA.jpg

giphy.gif
Richo: “Data analytics nerds, crunch the numbers on those membership surveys.”

Nerds: “Our moneyball algorithm that guides team selections says they can’t get enough of Hinkley.”

This was from 2017. Could we get lucky this time.

Pressure coming from Kochie and the Adelaide “fishbowl” are why Ken Hinkley wants out, according to one reporter.
Senior Oz journo Greg Denham reported on Monday that Hinkley had asked Port Adelaide to release him from the last year of his contract, and then explained on SEN the reasons why:
“There was a meeting over there in Adelaide on Saturday. The chairman (David Koch) was attending and trying to talk Ken around into staying,” Denham said on SEN.​
“He wants out.”​
“There is a combination of pressure from above from the chairman over time, and I think the straw that broke the camel’s back was after their lost to West Coast when he came out and made some unbelievable ranting about the players’ commitment which upset the coach.​
“The fishbowl environment in Adelaide where he has no room to move he and his wife can’t even go out in peace, as opposed to the Gold Coast where no one would even know him.”​
https://www.fiveaa.com.au/sport/Why-Ken-Hinkley-Wants-To-Leave-Port-Adelaide-Greg-Denham

Sorry if I got your hopes up.

Pressure coming from Kochie and the Adelaide “fishbowl” are why Ken Hinkley wants out, according to one reporter.
Senior Oz journo Greg Denham reported on Monday that Hinkley had asked Port Adelaide to release him from the last year of his contract, and then explained on SEN the reasons why:
“There was a meeting over there in Adelaide on Saturday. The chairman (David Koch) was attending and trying to talk Ken around into staying,” Denham said on SEN.​
“He wants out.”​
“There is a combination of pressure from above from the chairman over time, and I think the straw that broke the camel’s back was after their lost to West Coast when he came out and made some unbelievable ranting about the players’ commitment which upset the coach.​
“The fishbowl environment in Adelaide where he has no room to move he and his wife can’t even go out in peace, as opposed to the Gold Coast where no one would even know him.”​
https://www.fiveaa.com.au/sport/Why-Ken-Hinkley-Wants-To-Leave-Port-Adelaide-Greg-Denham

Nah too hard to believe. You want to leave a season earlier than contracted because you can't go out in peace but you sign a 3 year extension? Somebody's lying.

It’s not about ‘writing it off’.

It speaks to the attitude of a coach who finally managed to break a losing streak against a mediocre inner-city rival at the sixth attempt, after almost losing it in scarily identical fashion, and instead of ’acting like he’d been there before’, began flipping gangsigns and porkchopping it like we were a third division team knocking off Man United in the FA Cup.

To later claim that a relatively pedestrian Round 1 win over a flat Melbourne team is unequivocally the best he’s had in his seven year tenure just reinforces how low the bar is for him and the club these days.
I'm not saying that showdown 44 was our best win under Ken, but every coach will get hyped over such a close win so i wouldn't use that game to define our "tone" and as I said earlier we have a fair few strong wins under him (I've labelled examples earlier in this thread) and the Melbourne game this year wasn't a clean game, but the persistence we gave as a group was definitely one of our best efforts we've given from a mental perspective.

“He wants out.”​

24EEA965-726A-4B39-A6F0-0D24A96CF2CD.jpeg
Probably having second thoughts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is just keeping the "deck" chair warm for the next bloke now... every day more and more people are losing faith..
He will wear a hole in it with that long contract of his. Even the cup holder will be worn away from coke cans. There's an idea we should collect his coke cans to pay out his contract.

Actually Ken, we were the team to beat for 100+ years of SANFL football and should have been for the better part of 2001-2007 in the AFL. Piss off with downplaying the favourites tag. We should be favourites every ******* week and damn well live up to it. That's what "existing to win premierships" is.

What's with Hinkley on media street this year? Every time I turn the telly or radio on I hear that inarticulate buffoon. So over the BS. We've got a long way to go to be like Richmond...........

The thing that has annoyed me personally regarding last year and the first four rounds of this year is our lack of ability to reflect our wins with a strong percentage. It was our low percentage that cost us our last opportunity to get back into the eight last year, and it's not just because of the defensive style, Ken relies too heavily on our mental strength and teamwork to win us games, which I wouldn't have any issue with provided we had some good clean football to back it up, but we simply don't play good football in order to score high and smash weak teams, the only upside is that it gives us a better chance against tougher teams, but even then it's still a gamble as there are sides that manage to take advantage of our poor positioning and young defence line. I like that Ken is focusing more on the bond of our players, but if we can't show that through good football then it's not gonna be worth much.

Actually Ken, we were the team to beat for 100+ years of SANFL football and should have been for the better part of 2001-2007 in the AFL. Piss off with downplaying the favourites tag. We should be favourites every ******* week and damn well live up to it. That's what "existing to win premierships" is.
Don't we all just love a blow-in bogan buffoon telling us what Pordadelaide is all about.

Heard a snippet of Caro on AA yesterday and she was saying how Pyke is under pressure.

When it comes to Ken though.....crickets.

Blight virtually said the same during the week, said Port and Ken are doing well as he expected them to finish around 12th....okay Malcom.

What the actual *? Is this real life?
Would be nice if he copped some heat for being consistently s**t.

The thing that has annoyed me personally regarding last year and the first four rounds of this year is our lack of ability to reflect our wins with a strong percentage. It was our low percentage that cost us our last opportunity to get back into the eight last year, and it's not just because of the defensive style, Ken relies too heavily on our mental strength and teamwork to win us games, which I wouldn't have any issue with provided we had some good clean football to back it up, but we simply don't play good football in order to score high and smash weak teams, the only upside is that it gives us a better chance against tougher teams, but even then it's still a gamble as there are sides that manage to take advantage of our poor positioning and young defence line. I like that Ken is focusing more on the bond of our players, but if we can't show that through good football then it's not gonna be worth much.

Lol. Relies on our mental strength? It's not 2013/14 anymore. The players no longer believe. "We're only a small club ", "We have a long way to go to be like Richmond", "punching above our weight". It's no wonder we lose the unlosable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back