PC Football Manager 2019

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Half considering going in there and destroying some 5th division Victorian team and making Hawthorn Football Club an NPL powerhouse ;)

Really enjoying this year's version. It's the first year i've really gone in and mucked around with skins, logos and facepacks too so it's a fresh feel for me
Hahaha.

Unfortunately for me I don't really have the time to play FM these days. It takes so much time and dedication to get through it. And my laptop won't run very well with FM running a few leagues and trying to browse at the same time.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Haha really? That's pretty cool man. Should download the editor and chuck yourself in there ;)

I'm probably going to teach myself how to use the editor a bit more and make some changes to the database. Change Palmerston's home ground to Gray Oval, maybe try edit some of the players names on each team to match the current players etc. But it's pretty cool to have it in there. Real journeyman save starting in Darwin haha

It should be fun. :) I changed my start date though so that I have a brand new season rather than coming in halfway through.

Hahaha.

Unfortunately for me I don't really have the time to play FM these days. It takes so much time and dedication to get through it. And my laptop won't run very well with FM running a few leagues and trying to browse at the same time.

100% understand that. I sit down for a few quick matches and end up completely locking down. It honestly feels like you're working when you play haha

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
It should be fun. :) I changed my start date though so that I have a brand new season rather than coming in halfway through.

First game, 1-1 draw vs Casuarina. 20 fouls each is a good indicator of the quality of player. I could sign some really good free agents but I'd rather work with my regen players and build the club up slowly. :)

1550615878282.png

First game, 1-1 draw vs Casuarina. 20 fouls each is a good indicator of the quality of player. I could sign some really good free agents but I'd rather work with my regen players and build the club up slowly. :)

View attachment 622365

Haven't even looked at free agents yet! Any decent players willing to go to that level?

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Haven't even looked at free agents yet! Any decent players willing to go to that level?

Nah, just some shitty players not even at NPL level, but better than the players I have now. Really good probably isn't the best descriptor now that I think about it.

This guy is my best player and captain:

1550616352792.png

Alongside these 3:

1550616383166.png

1550616405488.png

1550616426197.png

This is proper LLM stuff.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
100% understand that. I sit down for a few quick matches and end up completely locking down. It honestly feels like you're working when you play haha
Yeah when I was still at home, and before I worked full time, I'd boot up the PC and smash it for hours on end. Not really possible now!

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
palmomagpie won the regular season, time for finals!

1550630491730.png

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Haha that's awesome. In one go too! Goal difference all seems pretty even across the comp. And there's finals? I must have read old notes. That's great :)

Yeah Final Four system.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Imagine the real life rage if Olympic missed finals. Unheard of haha

Olympic and Hellenic are just so dominant. Was fun seeing Shamrock make a couple of FFA Cups though. Hellenic vs Western Sydney Wanderers last year was absolutely bonkers, went down expecting a 6-0 or 7-0 scoreline and was treated to a 4-3 thriller. One of the Hellenic goals won goal of the tournament.

Olympic and Hellenic are just so dominant. Was fun seeing Shamrock make a couple of FFA Cups though. Hellenic vs Western Sydney Wanderers last year was absolutely bonkers, went down expecting a 6-0 or 7-0 scoreline and was treated to a 4-3 thriller. One of the Hellenic goals won goal of the tournament.

Whatever happened with Shamrock? Did they just combine with Palmy?

I played one game for Port Darwin when i was about 14 and we smashed Litchfield 24-0 or something like that. Their goal difference ended up about -150 for the year. They didn't stick around long either

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Whatever happened with Shamrock? Did they just combine with Palmy?

I played one game for Port Darwin when i was about 14 and we smashed Litchfield 24-0 or something like that. Their goal difference ended up about -150 for the year. They didn't stick around long either

Yeah basically Palmerston didn't have good enough players to have a Premier League side, but the new PL rules said you needed to have a Reserves and U18 side at the very least. Shamrock was a standalone PL team, so they merged. Palmerston Rovers now.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Anybody play FM on a Mac?

Want to get FM20, (I miss playing it so much), but I'll need a new laptop.

I usually run the big 5 European leagues, the Championship and Argentina, Brazil, with a badges pack and a facepack.

Based on FM19 requirements for a Mac - this is what's needed;
  • OS: 10.10.5, 10.11.6, 10.12.5, 10.13.5, 10.14 – 64-bit.
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 – 1.8 GHz +
  • Memory: 2 GB RAM.
  • Graphics: Intel GMA X4500, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT or AMD/ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 – 256MB VRAM.
  • Storage: 7 GB available space.
  • Additional Notes: OpenGL: 2.1.
I can see a Macbook Air has the following specs;
  • Processor Type - Intel Core i5
  • Processor Cores - Dual Core
  • Processor Memory Cache - 4MB L3
  • Processor Clock Speed (GHz) - 1.6
  • Processor Max. Clock Speed (GHz) - 3.6
  • RAM (GB) - 8.0
  • SSD Storage - 128GB
  • Total Storage - 128GB
  • Graphics processor - Intel UHD Graphics 617
Will the processor struggle? And is the graphics card sufficient enough? Or will it run fine - while browsing too - based on the above?

Thanks boys.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Hm - because of the processor?
Because "quickly" is subjective - I don't know what you were using before so its hard to say if the time spent waiting for a day to pass or a match to load will be acceptable or not.

One thing I will say though is that if you can get a bigger SSD drive, you should. 128GB fills up very quickly with an OS, basic programs and a couple of games. 256GB really should be the minimum

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Because "quickly" is subjective - I don't know what you were using before so its hard to say if the time spent waiting for a day to pass or a match to load will be acceptable or not.

One thing I will say though is that if you can get a bigger SSD drive, you should. 128GB fills up very quickly with an OS, basic programs and a couple of games. 256GB really should be the minimum
I was playing FM16 (maybe 17) with all the above I mentioned on a PC built in 2010 and I could browse/play with no real issue. It would take around 20-30 seconds to change days (if there was a lot going on).

Hm, I'd only play FM - do all my gaming on a PS4.

Does that make things any clearer?

Oh, almost anything new will run it better than a computer from 2010
I went from a 2011 laptop to a new surface pro.

It’s a whole new world.

My career so far:

18/19 - Peterborough in League 1. Started unemployed and took over in October when they were about 20th. Ended up 11th with a 15-17-14 record.

19/20 - Peterborough in League 1. Finished first - tanked in the cups to focus on the league. 29-10-7. Woo!

20/21 - Peterborough in the Championship. Finished 15th, I was pretty happy. 15-15-16

21/22 - Peterborough in the Championship until December before Newcastle came knocking. Was flirting with relegation with Peterborough. Took over Newcastle who was 18th in the Premier League. Ended up just scraping to safety in 17th. Lost the FA Cup final.

22/23 - Newcastle in the Premier League. Finished 7th with a 20-7-11 record and won the League Cup. Decided to bring in a few older stars like a 33 yo Luke Modric, Lacazette, Ramsey, Danilo etc. Was a risk but paid off.

23/24 - Newcastle in the Premier League. Continued with nabbing some big names like Ben Davies, Xhaka and Cavani!! Bang on Half way through the season and I am 4th... 12-2-4. Already knocked out of Europe though.

Won’t stay at Newcastle for long... want to go to Germany or something.

Last edited:
My career so far:

18/19 - Peterborough in League 1. Started unemployed and took over in October when they were about 20th. Ended up 11th with a 15-17-14 record.

19/20 - Peterborough in League 1. Finished first - tanked in the cups to focus on the league. 29-10-7. Woo!

20/21 - Peterborough in the Championship. Finished 15th, I was pretty happy. 15-15-16

21/22 - Peterborough in the Championship until December before Newcastle came knocking. Was flirting with relegation with Peterborough. Took over Newcastle who was 18th in the Premier League. Ended up just scraping to safety in 17th. Lost the FA Cup final.

22/23 - Newcastle in the Premier League. Finished 7th with a 20-7-11 record and won the League Cup. Decided to bring in a few older stars like a 33 yo Luke Modric, Lacazette, Ramsey, Danilo etc. Was a risk but paid off.

23/24 - Newcastle in the Premier League. Continued with nabbing some big names like Ben Davies, Xhaka and Cavani!! Bang on Half way through the season and I am 4th... 12-2-4. Already knocked out of Europe though.

Won’t stay at Newcastle for long... want to go to Germany or something.
Well I got my wish... finished 7th with Newcastle after dropping as low as 10th after a shitty January/February.

When the season was over I applied for a job at Bayer Leverkusen who finished 6th.

Backed my bags and off I go.

Back