Petition to sack Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

In today's Herald Sun

The Score - Scott Gullan

SACK BRAD PLAN FAILS

Membership passes being fried in a microwave is the AFL fan's go-to dummy spit.

A Richmond supporter went next level a few years back when he tipped a trailer of manure on
the front steps of Punt Road Oval.

The latest stunt from a disgruntled fan comes out of Arden St and it didn't exactly go down well
with Kangaroos players.

Last Friday, on the eve of North's clash with Adelaide, a supporter clearly upset at the 0-3 start
began putting up A4 size posters saying: 'Bye Bye Braddles'.

North Coach BRAD SCOTT didn't see them as a couple of his players and staff ripped them down.

The poster man was heckled by other fans and the players also turned on him, firing footballs at him
to scare him away.

The sack-the-coach campaign was short-lived as Scott orchestrated North's first victory 24 hours later.

................................................................................................................................................

Rightio, which of you turkeys was it? :)

I'm tipping the fired kicks were inaccurate too.

In today's Herald Sun

The Score - Scott Gullan

SACK BRAD PLAN FAILS

Membership passes being fried in a microwave is the AFL fan's go-to dummy spit.

A Richmond supporter went next level a few years back when he tipped a trailer of manure on
the front steps of Punt Road Oval.

The latest stunt from a disgruntled fan comes out of Arden St and it didn't exactly go down well
with Kangaroos players.

Last Friday, on the eve of North's clash with Adelaide, a supporter clearly upset at the 0-3 start
began putting up A4 size posters saying: 'Bye Bye Braddles'.

North Coach BRAD SCOTT didn't see them as a couple of his players and staff ripped them down.

The poster man was heckled by other fans and the players also turned on him, firing footballs at him
to scare him away.

The sack-the-coach campaign was short-lived as Scott orchestrated North's first victory 24 hours later.

................................................................................................................................................

Rightio, which of you turkeys was it? :)

I'm tipping the fired kicks were inaccurate too.

JZ lined him up from 25m down the corridor... and knocked over the coffee cart instead.
Turner didn't make the distance.
Paul Ahern had the opportunity but went with a pressure act for fear of missing a game.
Higgins slipped over.

P.S. - Yeah, it's going to take a bit more than our 21st win in 61 games for me to start sending Brad Scott love letters.
P.P.S. No, it wasn't me, but I admire the passion.

If you factored in the number of games we've dropped over Scott's reign after holding halftime or 3/4 time leads, "Always Beaten" would've actually been a nice, apt slogan.

This is the thing, we could actually be 3/4 at the moment.

The 21 from 61 stat doesn’t exactly paint the full picture. First of all we were 2 from last 12 in 2016 with Boomer, Petrie, Spud and Dal Santo. Since then we’ve won 19 of 48. Hardly the end of the world.

The 21 from 61 stat doesn’t exactly paint the full picture. First of all we were 2 from last 12 in 2016 with Boomer, Petrie, Spud and Dal Santo. Since then we’ve won 19 of 48. Hardly the end of the world.

60 games ago was where it went to s**t in 2016. We won something like 9 out of 40 immediately after that and had been improving since.

I'm not saying that to defend Scott either he needs to win at least another 13 games this year but it is a classic use of numbers as propaganda - to tell one story when they could easily tell a different one.

Johnny99

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2011
In a house.
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Yes....but the thing is, he has had his chance....

And its time to give someone new a go.

Since Pagan left, (about 17 years ago) we haven't won a premiership and not played in a GF.

But yet, we have only had 2 coaches.

1 resigned (Laidley)
And the other is still there (Scott).

In that time, we have never achieved success, but never sacked a coach...

That doesn't sound like an organisation that wants success and will do anything to achieve it !

Did the footballs land in North Melbourne?

Dunno, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear they all landed in the new North Melbourne Metro's giant hole, leading us to have to train sans footballs (ala WC back in the day).

No, but keeping an average coach isn’t either

Collingwood and Richmond might disagree with that.

And essentially that's why I want an independent review into whats happening in the football dept.

It might be the coach is useless^ or it might be something else. Really Scott is no different to Buckley or Hardwick this time 2 years ago. He's been a better coach than Buckley with less resources and Buckley was unlucky to lose a GF last year.

^In which case get someone else.

The 2 biggest lies in football....
People who say they are going to stop watching footy because of rule changes.
I definitely watch much less footy now and it’s because of the way the game is umpired. (Not umps fault, it’s the rules).

And I know I’m not alone.

I definitely watch much less footy now and it’s because of the way the game is umpired. (Not umps fault, it’s the rules).

I'm a bit that way too. I am making an effort to watch more games this year but its difficult at times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a bit that way too. I am making an effort to watch more games this year but its difficult at times.

I’m actually the reverse. I find myself inclined to watch more and more footy. It’s got to the point where I’m actively trying to wean myself off it because it’s, ultimately, just wasting our lives away. Same goes for Big Footy, just quietly.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m actually the reverse. I find myself inclined to watch more and more footy. It’s got to the point where I’m actively trying to wean myself off it because it’s, ultimately, just wasting our lives away. Same goes for Big Footy, just quietly.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

At least here you can waste time in between doing other actual work stuff.

I've had a few moments this year where I've been really frustrated at umpiring calls. Its most likely as KT said, what they're told to do not individual cowbow umpiring but it ruins the game. The frees in contests for incidental contact are a disgrace. If they are the rules now they need to change. FFS.

Last night I got up and wandered away from the game on multiple occasions cos the umpiring was so s**t. If the kids were up and it was an arvo game then I would have told them to change the channel and watch cartoons. Its just cos the telly was on that 5 minutes later I went back to watching it.

And those decisions happened to be crucial ones that really cost the Brions. I wasn't even going for the Brions. I didn't care who won, just wanted to watch a good game of footy and the umpiring ruined it.

The AFL are * wits if they think this is the way forward.

I have a legit umpiring question for you.

How come they can decide when to be overly officious?

Example:
Ball not disposed of in a correct manner in every game every week, largely overlooked, I assume under the guise of 'jarring free in the tackle'. Not overly officious, attempts to make the play flow more.

Bringing a player on to their mark not 1 meter to the left or right but they have to be bang on. It makes Clos enough to zero difference but is officiated to within an inch of its life. Also happens basically every game.

How do they choose which to be lenient on and which is to be strict?

I have a legit umpiring question for you.

How come they can decide when to be overly officious?

Example:
Ball not disposed of in a correct manner in every game every week, largely overlooked, I assume under the guise of 'jarring free in the tackle'. Not overly officious, attempts to make the play flow more.

Bringing a player on to their mark not 1 meter to the left or right but they have to be bang on. It makes Clos enough to zero difference but is officiated to within an inch of its life. Also happens basically every game.

How do they choose which to be lenient on and which is to be strict?
NFI. It’s THE biggest blight. It’s was always a simple attitude for me, don’t blow the whistle unless it’s actually affecting the game.

The classic example of over officiating is the advantage rule. So many times the umpire can just call play on, you’ve got advantage. AFL is the only sport in the world where we blow the whistle and then call advantage. How many times have you seen someone in a marking contest impeded only for his team mate to take the mark. The ump blows the whistle, pays the free kick and the makes the guy who took the mark give it to his team mate who won the free. It’s stupid, it goes against the whole advantage rule.

I will say, often with the man on the mark, players have always tried to gain a meter or two. Putting them on the mark is a clear line that can be officiated. The incorrect disposal is a lot more subjective. The other thing with incorrect disposal, which a lot of people forget, is if there hasn’t been prior then you just need to make an attempt.

1555660502645.png

Brento79

Draftee
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Isn't it strage that the year NM made the prelims was the same year that scott missed 4 weeks because of back surgery...

Egga

Cancelled
North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2016 Daw & Anderson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Nov 10, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Back