Oppo Camp Opposition Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
He had told people. Everyone knows he only came to Brisbane for one purpose. I imagine staying after his dad passed wouldn’t be easy. Everyone knows he has been battling some mental illness issues over the last year, being back in Melbourne with his support network certainly goes a long way.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well he should say that then rather than being all smug about it with this “I know something that you all don’t know stuff”.
In regards to support network well if his dad was in this region then there must have been other family and friends around too.
Also the footy club is a support network and I know it’s hard for Victorians to believe but we actually have high quality medical and mental health professionals in SE QLD too.

Easily the best Mental Health Clinic for example in Australia is on Currumbin Hill.

Apparently only his brother lives in qld. His other relatives lives in Yarrawonga. But his wife’s family is in Melbourne. He has his reasons. I know footy clubs have professionals. But I imagine since he only came back to Brisbane for his father. He wouldn’t have left Melbourne otherwise. With that reason taken away. Maybe he didn’t feel like it was the right place for him to be anymore.

In any case, he has explained his reasons in various interviews.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Most disappointing part of Beams story for me is his B&F speech. Him declaring 'I stay, I love the club, I love you (teammates)' and then gone in a couple of weeks. No need to say things he said when obviously behind the scene things were put in motion.

Most disappointing part of Beams story for me is his B&F speech. Him declaring 'I stay, I love the club, I love you (teammates)' and then gone in a couple of weeks. No need to say things he said when obviously behind the scene things were put in motion.

Yeah I think that is what it comes down to for some, but in the half time segment he does try to explain that when he said that he was told he was gonna be still there. The move didn’t come about until late. I imagine if he could go back and change what he said, he might have thought about his words before making them.

Sep 25, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yeah I think that is what it comes down to for some, but in the half time segment he does try to explain that when he said that he was told he was gonna be still there. The move didn’t come about until late. I imagine if he could go back and change what he said, he might have thought about his words before making them.

Didn't it also come down to the fact Brisbane knew they were replacing him with Neale? A lot had to happen for that trade then the other pieces fell into place.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
A packet of chips, let alone pick 68 would’ve been overs for Hall. 5-6 ‘efforts’ if that’s what you call them were deplorable that qtr. He left to play finals he said.
Scott still probably does not realise that unless he drops Hall his teams goes nowhere. Hall's habits are infectious.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
I like North getting flogged
Certain to finish bottom 6 it seems
drive that percentage down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I was all for us drafting LDU too with that pick 2.
Can we conclude yet that he’s a bust?
Not at 19 I wouldn’t have thought. He’s had a few good games. I still think he’ll come good.

Maybe he’d enjoy getting out of the Melbourne bubble and coming up to the GC anyway

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I was all for us drafting LDU too with that pick 2.
Can we conclude yet that he’s a bust?
GCS selected so many bust top 10 draftees in the past I'm not ready to call LDU a bust .

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Not at 19 I wouldn’t have thought. He’s had a few good games. I still think he’ll come good.
I agree with this, but the last thing we needed was another slow developing mid
We have enough of those
Lachie Weller's defection to us was a line in the sand moment for the Club
It sent a message that drafting LDU could never do

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I was told by someone very much in the know at Lions that they were quite happy for him to go and that he's a self absorbed narcissist who many found very annoying.
Just what l was told.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Just couldn’t handle it when it was raining heavy looked very ordinary
Need to pressure them and play soccer style a bit , they don't like ground ball in their defensive half and tackle .

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Apparently only his brother lives in qld. His other relatives lives in Yarrawonga. But his wife’s family is in Melbourne. He has his reasons. I know footy clubs have professionals. But I imagine since he only came back to Brisbane for his father. He wouldn’t have left Melbourne otherwise. With that reason taken away. Maybe he didn’t feel like it was the right place for him to be anymore.

Jen he came back to the GC not Brisbane He was raised on the GC. Played Juniors at Sharks and Saints.
The only reason he went to Collingwood is because the Lions picked Rich and Redden before him in the 2008 draft. He wanted to stay in Queensland.

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
Jen he came back to the GC not Brisbane He was raised on the GC. Played Juniors at Sharks and Saints.
The only reason he went to Collingwood is because the Lions picked Rich and Redden before him in the 2008 draft. He wanted to stay in Queensland.
Yep another one that needed to return for ‘family reasons’ BUT it had to be to Collingwood. His family not welcome at the other 10 Vic clubs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back